Windows 10: Built-in calculator app broken???

Discus and support Built-in calculator app broken??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use the built-in windows calculator occasionally. The last time that I brought it up its window flashed up and disappeared very quickly. So it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrDoh, Dec 8, 2015.

1. MrDoh Win User

Built-in calculator app broken???

I use the built-in windows calculator occasionally. The last time that I brought it up its window flashed up and disappeared very quickly. So it is getting invoked, but dying then very quickly. So I tried starting it from a DOS prompt window, same thing, and no error message in the DOS prompt window after it quickly died.

Tried "sfc /scannow" just for yuks, nothing found there. I suppose that's good, but not welcome.

Using Windows 10 Pro with threshold 2 update, and am just mystified by this one. The calculator is one thing that has never been broken for me, very surprised.

Any ideas what I might do to get it back? In the interim I can go find another calculator, but I like the built-in one, it's simple and quick to use.

Thanks!

:)

MrDoh, Dec 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 Calculator has stopped working

In answer to your questions:

1. Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

- I suppose it's a local account. What do you mean by a Microsoft account?

2. Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?

- This is with the built-in calculator. I downloaded another calculator app (Calculator Plus) from the app store and it works.

David Hols, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Calculator Will not Open

I am a local account

After uninstalling the calculator, typing Calc.exe prompts me to install the calculator app from the app store. I am unable to find a built-in calculator app

After installing the Microsoft calculator from the app store, running calc.exe does nothing

Logging into another account on this PC calc.exe works fine

gettnmorebetter, Dec 8, 2015
  4. MrDoh Win User

Read in another posting that there was an updated calculator in the MS Store. Don't know why, but after I updated it, the calculator is now working fine.

Thanks a bunch MS, fine work you're doing there.

MrDoh, Dec 8, 2015
  5. Glad that the update I posted about worked and got your calculator back up and running

hTconeM9user, Dec 8, 2015
  6. It seems whenever there is a pending update to a bundled app then that particular app will stop working. I had the same issue with photos app as you did with calculator. I headed to the store and under updates it showed photos, calculator and one drive. Suddenly they auto downloaded and after a short while installed. Went back to the photo app and now working again. I had the same issue because of the same reason a few weeks ago with the photos app too. So I guess the same is what bodged your calculator app.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Built-in calculator app broken??? - Similar Threads - Built calculator app

2. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  3. Store app for calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store app for calculator: I am trying to get the calculator app from the Microsoft store, I hit the button and either nothing happens, or a blue Microsoft screen and logo comes up, but then disappears....
  4. calculator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  5. calculator app

calculator app: Was the caculator app changed in size or any other way? It looks different and takes up the whole screen but in a different way.I don't see any way to resize it or move it one way or another? It goes up to the very edges of the frame/lid, can't see that well here.I want to...
  6. Is my calculator app broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my calculator app broken?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ili_razvan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1yq1o/is_my_calculator_app_broken/
  7. Calculator is broken after update to 2004.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calculator is broken after update to 2004.: I updated to Windows 10 2004, but after I did the calculator was broken in the start menu. If I type in the start menu "calculator" on the right side of the start menu where there are options such as open, but under open there are 4 options that all say...
  8. Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...

Built in apps photos, calculator, and etc are not working after recreate user profile on...: Can someone tell me the correct way how to recreate user profile on windows 10 join domain? because I am facing issue with built in app after recreate user profile with rename user profilelist registry and user folder. thank you rename registry...
  9. Microsoft Calculator app

Microsoft Calculator app: why the calculator app in windows 10 collepes at strart in my PC? Plz answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-calculator-app/8b69e579-78e0-41bc-81c4-84e351820584
  10. Calculator seems to be broken.

Calculator seems to be broken.: This is annoying... [img] Does anyone know of a fix yet? 5246