Windows 10: Built-in Keyboard Stopped Working, Please Help

Discus and support Built-in Keyboard Stopped Working, Please Help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Speeds through advanced startup troubleshooting page to restart computer normally Device manager detects the keyboard is working properly Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wyatt, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Wyatt Win User

Built-in Keyboard Stopped Working, Please Help

Speeds through advanced startup troubleshooting page to restart computer normally
    Device manager detects the keyboard is working properly
    Device driver for keyboard is up to date
    SFC scan reports no integrity violations
    Checkdisk reports no errors
    Power-on key works
    On-screen keyboard works normal (I'm using it now)
    USB wireless mouse seems normally functional
    PC reset twice to no avail

What could be the problem and what is the solution?

:)

Wyatt, Jan 12, 2017
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Help needed please: Built-in camera has stopped working on Acer Aspire with windows 10

Hi Kimberly,

It is possible that this problem is caused by an antivirus software that’s blocking the webcam or camera, or it could be an outdated webcam driver. Kindly refer to the article below for troubleshooting steps:

Windows can't find or start the camera

Feel free to post back for the results.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Help needed please: Built-in camera has stopped working on Acer Aspire with windows 10

I have an acer aspire with windows 10 and the built-in camera has stopped working. it tells me that the camera can't be found and gives me the error code: 0xA00F4244(0x00DABE0)

Here is my info. I need to fix this problem or find another computer to use ASAP- as I have a skype-based job interview scheduled. Thanks for any help!

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/7/2017, 11:38:29

Machine name: KIMS-LAPTOP

Machine Id: {373B095E-C085-4A16-8CF6-4DBEF1F7BD1B}

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire M5-481PT

BIOS: V2.20

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 5956MB RAM

Page File: 4928MB used, 2690MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.15063.0000 64bit Unicode

------------

Video Capture Devices

Number of Devices: 1

---------------------

FriendlyName: HD WebCam

SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_04f2&pid_b335&mi_00#7&9301baa&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global

Manufacturer: Microsoft

HardwareID: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B335&REV_8103&MI_00,USB\VID_04F2&PID_B335&MI_00

DriverDesc: USB Video Device

DriverProvider: Microsoft

DriverVersion: 10.0.15063.0

DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00

DriverDateLocalized: 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM

Service: usbvideo

Class: Image

DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}

ProblemCode: No Problem

BusReportedDeviceDesc: HD WebCam

Parent: USB\VID_04F2&PID_B335\6&18f91a87&0&1

DriverProblemDesc: n/a

UpperFilters: n/a

LowerFilters: n/a

Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\ACPI,\Driver\usbccgp

ContainerCategory: Imaging

KimberlyRoe_775, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Built-in Keyboard Stopped Working, Please Help

I saw you reset PC twice. With so many resets available not sure exactly what that entailed.

Could I suggest, and yes it a long shot, unplugging device from wall, remove battery and depress power on for 25 Secs. Replace all and start.

If that doesn't work uninstall keyboard in device manager and power down. Restart and let windows detect.

Given its a touch screen do you have any settings to disable keyboard, like a function key or Tablet mode.

If none of the above cleared you could be looking at dead keyboard, a loose cable, another issue on MB. Not everyone is into this but you might try disassembling laptop and reseat keyboard connections. You may need special tools to disassemble and there very well could be a lot of pieces by the time you have it apart. Look for a video on how to disassemble your model. If you decide to go this route watch static, its a killer of sensitive electronics. You can usually find replacement keyboards on e-bay or amazon.

Others may have additional ideas.

Caledon Ken, Jan 12, 2017
  5. Wyatt Win User
    UPDATE

I have no Idea what happened but I rebooted and the built-in keyboard is working.

I don't use the touch screen option. I use the mouse when using the on-screen keyboard.

Is there a way turn the keyboard on and off manually?

After I create a restore point I will be rebooting the system. Hopefully the keyboard works then too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I will post again after the reboot

Wyatt, Jan 13, 2017
  6. Wyatt Win User
    UPDATE #2

I just rebooted the system and the built-in keyboard isn't working.

I'm going to reboot again. Maybe it will work again.Here goes *Smile

Wyatt, Jan 13, 2017
  7. Please try the power trick. This very much sounds like a Keyboard issue. Check the video on disassemble.

Caledon Ken, Jan 13, 2017
  8. Built-in Keyboard Stopped Working, Please Help

Like you said, it's a long shot. But it's amazing when you're physically there to actually see it work for the first time! *Cool

ComputerGeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Built-in Keyboard Stopped Working, Please Help

1. Built-in Keyboard Stopped Working, Please Help - Similar Threads - Built Keyboard Stopped

2. My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!: Hi.I have been having issues with my Lenovo Y540 laptop for a few weeks. Its the keyboard. It stops working. First a few keys shuts down, half down work at all and then all of them stops working. When i go into a web browser it does commands instead. Like the W key shuts down...
  3. My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard on my laptop stops working. Please help!: Hi.I have been having issues with my Lenovo Y540 laptop for a few weeks. Its the keyboard. It stops working. First a few keys shuts down, half down work at all and then all of them stops working. When i go into a web browser it does commands instead. Like the W key shuts down...
  4. Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop: Hello community,I ran a 22 kb application did not recieve any warnings about it from antiviruses thinking it was meant to apply an update to another application as it has an appropriate name, but as soon as I presses it, Cybersight Ransomstopper detected it and reported that...
  5. Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop: Hello community,I ran a 22 kb application did not recieve any warnings about it from antiviruses thinking it was meant to apply an update to another application as it has an appropriate name, but as soon as I presses it, Cybersight Ransomstopper detected it and reported that...
  6. Built-in laptop Keyboard stopped working ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Please help!! Built in mic not working !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help!! Built in mic not working !!: Hey my dudes !! I have run into some issues with my built in microphone for my laptop. I am using an Acer aspire v5 561g and the microphones don't work. It works when I use a headphone but when I unplug the headphone, the buil in microphone doesn't work. Can you suggest me a...
  8. Built in sound not working anymore, PLEASE HELP

Built in sound not working anymore, PLEASE HELP: So I was playing a game while watching videos. No headphones, no nothing. Suddenly my sound cuts off. I check my speaker options and the built in speaker option is no longer there, only two others that I currently can't access. I restarted my computer multiple times, and...
  9. mouse/keyboard not working.. PLEASE HELP.

mouse/keyboard not working.. PLEASE HELP.: I was getting a pop-up that said not enough power supplied to USB port..I only had mouse and keyboard in USB ports. Usually restarting or unplugging and plugging back in was fixing the problem. Kept happening and recently just re installed drivers for keyboard and was good...
  10. Built-in keyboard in laptop randomly stops working / no response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in keyboard in laptop randomly stops working / no response: Ok, so recently I found my Toshiba Satellite laptop keyboard sometimes stops working. Nothing at all. The number lock light stays on if it is on but no response from any of the keys....This happens sometimes at boot but sometimes it happens randomly after a successful boot....