Windows 10: Built-in microphone not working, driver issue?

Discus and support Built-in microphone not working, driver issue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an MSI GE62 laptop. I recently updated Windows 10 and had the same "no sound" issue that I've read about here. I was able to fix that, but now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Atavian, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Atavian Win User

Built-in microphone not working, driver issue?

I have an MSI GE62 laptop. I recently updated Windows 10 and had the same "no sound" issue that I've read about here. I was able to fix that, but now I have an issue where my laptop's built-in microphone does not work (i.e. it receives no sound, does not work with Skype or Audacity) upon first starting up the computer. If I restart the computer, then the microphone works. But it never works when I start up the computer after being shut down. I never had an issue with the microphone in the past year. This just happened now. I have no idea if it's connected to the update; it just happened around the same time, so I thought it could be related.

I'm assuming this is some kind of driver problem. Any recommendations on what I should do? The driver for the built-in microphone is listed as "Realtek High Definition Audio".

:)

Atavian, Sep 29, 2017
  2. HeleneV Win User

my built-in microphone is not plugged in anymore, it does not show in the sound window, it use to work well before

my built - in microphone is not "plugged in" anymore, it does not show in the sound window, it disappeared, I troubleshot, updated drivers, the rest of sound is working very well, window 7 is working very well and this internal microphone worked very well
    before, I am using an external microphone for skype but there are so much echo, please help me recover my built-in microphone????????????

HeleneV, Sep 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Reinstall Flawed Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Automatically after Shut Down

When I upgraded to Windows 10, Realtek High Definition Audio Driver did not allow built in microphone to be active and in settings I see only speakers (working) but not microphone.

JehovanessAikaeli, Sep 29, 2017
  4. Built-in microphone not working, driver issue?

Hi Atavian. Welcome to the TenForums @Atavian

Have you tried using the driver found on your manufacturers website. Yes it will likley be older.

Since it happens on power on maybe it is an issue with Windows Fast Startup. To test, at a command prompt(admin) or powershell(admin) type

powercfg -h off

This disables hibernation which disables Windows Fast Startup. To reverse replace the word off with the word on in the command. If this fixes issues then you can look for a compatible driver or disable Windows Fast Startup. There is a tutorial on how to do this while keeping hibernation enabled.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 29, 2017
Thema:

Built-in microphone not working, driver issue?

1. Built-in microphone not working, driver issue? - Similar Threads - Built microphone working

2. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  3. Built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  4. Built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  5. Built-In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Microphone Not Working: Hello. I am having some issues with my built in mic after a recent Windows update. The mic is picking up my taps and claps when I see it in Settings but it does not record nor pick up my voice, verified via Voice Recorder and Zoom. Below is a summary of everything that has...
  6. Built in Microphone Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in Microphone Issues: I am not tech savvy at all and I have been having major issues with my built in microphone. No one can hear me, and when I test it no input is detected. How can I fix it? I have tried different things but nothing works....
  7. Built in microphone not working.

Built in microphone not working.: Hi,today I took part in a Pilates class on zoom on my laptop. I could hear the instructor but she couldn't hear me. I have spent quite a considerable amount of time troubleshooting. I have tried microphone,speech,device manager and Cortana troubleshooters. All to no avail. I...
  8. built in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    built in microphone not working: though the drivers are up to date and permissions are on, neither Skype nor Zoom nor Cortana can hear what I say into the microphone. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-microphone-not-working/0576ccc7-1be5-4cdd-8b65-978d59fe19d9
  9. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: Hello, I've been having a problem with my laptop MSI GF63 Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop few weeks ago and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting and it's...
  10. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: Hello! I have a tablet KIANO with Windows 10 and after an upgrade (system) I have to do a lot of tests to recognize my microphone built in tablet. After last Windows upgrade I tried anything but the only way to use an microphone is useing by buetooth (with poor quality...