Windows 10: Built-in Microphone not working (only residual sound)

Discus and support Built-in Microphone not working (only residual sound) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this problem came when I updated to Windows 10, but my built-in microphone is not working anymore. When I test it there is some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by garbanzhell, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Built-in Microphone not working (only residual sound)

I'm not sure if this problem came when I updated to Windows 10, but my built-in microphone is not working anymore. When I test it there is some residual sound (as some friends also tell me when I do TeamSpeak with them without a headset through the 3.5mm jack). I'm using an Acer Aspire 5741 (I'm not sure how to check the specific microphone specs or its driver). Isthis common? Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

:)

garbanzhell, Aug 18, 2016
  2. HeleneV Win User

my built-in microphone is not plugged in anymore, it does not show in the sound window, it use to work well before

my built - in microphone is not "plugged in" anymore, it does not show in the sound window, it disappeared, I troubleshot, updated drivers, the rest of sound is working very well, window 7 is working very well and this internal microphone worked very well
    before, I am using an external microphone for skype but there are so much echo, please help me recover my built-in microphone????????????

HeleneV, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Microphone in Windows 10 problem (auto volume decrease)

I am using a standalone microphone which is connected via the 3.5mm jack in the microphone port of the built in sound card (Reaktek). The sound level changes only when I speak to the microphone via even any windows software or 3rd party app. The louder
    my sound goes the lower the volume becomes.

Rizwan RashidArnob, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Built-in Microphone not working (only residual sound)

1. Built-in Microphone not working (only residual sound) - Similar Threads - Built Microphone working

2. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  3. Built in Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in Microphone not working: My built in Microphone stopped working. I noticed it after an update when trying to record something. It said no audio input was connected. I know my computer has a microphone. I've used zoom, discord, and recorded other audio stuff without a headset or separate item. I've...
  4. Built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  5. Built-in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in microphone not working: Hello,I have an HP AIO PC running on Windows 11.My built-in microphone is not working. I checked 'Device manager' and it seems the microphone driver has spontaneously disappeared. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance....
  6. Built-In Microphone Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built-In Microphone Not Working: Hello. I am having some issues with my built in mic after a recent Windows update. The mic is picking up my taps and claps when I see it in Settings but it does not record nor pick up my voice, verified via Voice Recorder and Zoom. Below is a summary of everything that has...
  7. Built in microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in microphone not working.: Hi,today I took part in a Pilates class on zoom on my laptop. I could hear the instructor but she couldn't hear me. I have spent quite a considerable amount of time troubleshooting. I have tried microphone,speech,device manager and Cortana troubleshooters. All to no avail. I...
  8. built in microphone not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    built in microphone not working: though the drivers are up to date and permissions are on, neither Skype nor Zoom nor Cortana can hear what I say into the microphone. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-microphone-not-working/0576ccc7-1be5-4cdd-8b65-978d59fe19d9
  9. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: Hello, I've been having a problem with my laptop MSI GF63 Built it microphone that it's not picking any sound. It was working the day i bought the laptop few weeks ago and for some reasons it stopped working all of the sudden. I tried to check the privacy setting and it's...
  10. Built in Microphone not working

Built in Microphone not working: Hello! I have a tablet KIANO with Windows 10 and after an upgrade (system) I have to do a lot of tests to recognize my microphone built in tablet. After last Windows upgrade I tried anything but the only way to use an microphone is useing by buetooth (with poor quality...