Windows 10: Built in Wireless question

Discus and support Built in Wireless question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I had to do a System recovery on my HP Desktop Computer with Windows 10 home 64 bit that came preloaded on it. and the HP technical support told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BDman, Oct 6, 2015.

1. BDman Win User

Built in Wireless question

Hi
    I had to do a System recovery on my HP Desktop Computer with Windows 10 home 64 bit that came preloaded on it. and the HP technical support told me before doing this unplug everything but your Monitor keyboard and mouse so it did. And everything went great I came to a point where it told me to let's get connected pick a network and go online to finish setting up this device. It found my Verizon fios gateway router and I put in the web Key number and was online with out being hard wired. Hp technical support told me my Hp Desktop computer has built-in wireless to it. My question is if I want to do a hardwire connection do I need to turn off or disable the built-in wireless feature? for the hardwire connection to work properly? thank you for any help on this. Hope this make sense sorry if it does not

:)

BDman, Oct 6, 2015

2. new desktop, no wifi found in change network adapter

Hi,

It is possible that your desktop computer don't have a built-in wireless adapter like laptops. If you want to have Wi-Fi connection on your newly build desktop, you need to buy and install a wireless adapter.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Oct 6, 2015
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Wireless charging for my phone...

Wireless charging needs the supporting hardware in the phone to work. So you can't solve this with an app. If the phone does not have wireless charging built-in, you need for example a case to get it to work. If wireless charging is not built-in, it needs
    to support wireless charging cases. If not, you are out of luck.

As far as I know, Lumia 1320 does not support wireless charging at all.

7thSense, Oct 6, 2015
  4. dencal Win User

Not quite sure what your problem is but try this.
    Open Settings and type wire in box at top.
    Click on Turn Wire Devices on or off, then click on WI-FI.
    All available connections are listed, and by clicking on your ISP you should be automatically connected.

dencal, Oct 6, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You don't have to turn off the WiFi connection for the Ethernet (wired) connection to work, but if you have other WiFi devices using that WiFi then it would be a good idea to in order to save the WiFi bandwidth for the other devices. On the left side of Network and Sharing Center is a link to manage network adapters (or something like that). Click on that, and you should get a list of your network adapters. Right click on the WiFi adapter and select disable.

NavyLCDR, Oct 6, 2015
  6. BDman Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR I will look for it thank you

BDman, Oct 6, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Also, I suppose the wired connection would be a bit more secure against WiFi eavesdropping, so another reason to turn off the WiFi.

NavyLCDR, Oct 6, 2015
  8. dencal Win User

BDman.
    A wired connection ie- Ethernet is twice as efficient at transferring data than a wireless connection.
    Your computer should recognise instantly whether you are on one or the other without you having to do anything, as both are connected to the same ISP.
    You can leave wireless turned on whilst using Ethernet, your router will recognise which you are using. and vice versa.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Built in Wireless question - Similar Threads - Built Wireless question

2. Wireless Mouse Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Mouse Questions: I have an all-in-one HP desktop computer with a wireless HP mouse, with a black On-Off switch on the left side and a the blue 'Connect' button on the right side, both on the back but no charging station.Q: Is there a safety issue if the wireless mouse switch is left in the...
  3. Wireless Mouse Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Mouse Questions: I have an all-in-one HP desktop computer with a wireless HP mouse, with a black On-Off switch on the left side and a the blue 'Connect' button on the right side, both on the back but no charging station.Q: Is there a safety issue if the wireless mouse switch is left in the...
  4. In-built miracast vs Microsoft Wireless Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-built miracast vs Microsoft Wireless Device?: Hello, Unfortunately even having a high speed network and WiFi which is in separate channel the performance of Miracast is very poor.I'd like to ask if I buy Microsoft dedicated device then I get some performance improvement?Is the inbuilt system Miracast on a typical laptop...
  5. In-built miracast vs Microsoft Wireless Device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-built miracast vs Microsoft Wireless Device?: Hello, Unfortunately even having a high speed network and WiFi which is in separate channel the performance of Miracast is very poor.I'd like to ask if I buy Microsoft dedicated device then I get some performance improvement?Is the inbuilt system Miracast on a typical laptop...
  6. In-built miracast vs Microsoft Wireless Device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. LiveKernelEvent141, also a Wireless driver question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernelEvent141, also a Wireless driver question: Hello I got this LiveKernelEvent when my screen blacked out for a second and returned. Also I have a question on why my wireless driver randomly fails a couple times a day at times. Lately I've noticed that my wifi will randomly turn off on various occasions, showing a...
  8. Question on Wireless Network Cards?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question on Wireless Network Cards?: My Comcast Gateway (XB7) supports wireless AX, i bought a sorta cheap Wireless AC card when i picked up my new custom built Windows 10 Computer, ((Specs in signature, Desktop--I7 10700) Anyways i got another card on the way, which support Wireless AX. Would it be too much...
  9. Question wireless display problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question wireless display problem: Hello, I have windows 10 1909 and Im trying to use the wireless display i can connect my android phone to the laptop and i can connect android to the smart tv too but i cant connect the laptop to the smart tv the tv appears to connect and shows " Ready to play " while laptop...
  10. Built in Administrator - account security questions?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built in Administrator - account security questions?: After a couple of weeks of using Windows 10, I finally have the OS installed, tweaked and personalized. The last thing on the list is to tighten-up the default security account/settings of Windows 10 on the PC. In the past I attempted to do this w/ Windows 7 with...