Windows 10: Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update

Discus and support Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi community, I have been facing a bunch of problems after the windows 1803 update. I think wifi is the problem here which creates a chain of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BalajiJagadeesan, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update

Hi community,

I have been facing a bunch of problems after the windows 1803 update.

I think wifi is the problem here which creates a chain of software failures.

Main cause:

Wifi gets corrupted. The wifi gets corrupted and says "Internet may not be available" but I'm able to access the internet with reliable speed through the browser. I tried to fix the problem by

1) Repairing the wifi drivers - Might fix it for sometime, if I disconnect and connect or restart it goes back to the corrupted state.

2) Reinstalling the wifi drivers - Fixed the problem but it didn't the chain reaction to invoked.

Now comes the program that got corrupted due to this problem.

1)Onedrive or any cloud service says signing in (infinite loop). I have to restart the program to fix it, but it is like a hit or miss.

2) Windows Search 90% of the time not working, even searching for local programs results in the infinite loading bar.

More in-depth analyses done to solve this problem.

I tried everything including resetting the index and rebuilding it. Restarted Cortana process under task manager. Nothing works.

Please note that I'm aware of the fact that windows search have this problem of not giving results and I have tried all possible methods that worked for people who have search related issues

3) Chrome downloading is corrupted. When I download something, it downloads the file completely but it doesn't finish in-browser like 100% complete and end the process. I had to quit the chrome and restart it again

4) I also have to reset the password manager which asks me to log in everytime I open chrome.

My laptop as well as the desktop pc running windows 10 1803 face this problem.

Laptop: Acer aspire v5-572p 2013 edition

Anybody facing this issue, please comment

Any help to fix this problem is much appreciated.

Thank you

:)

BalajiJagadeesan, Jul 20, 2018

2. Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update

Hi community,

I have been facing a bunch of problems after the windows 1803 update.

I think wifi is the problem here which creates a chain of software failures.

Main cause:

Wifi gets corrupted. The wifi gets corrupted and says "Internet may not be available" but I'm able to access the internet with reliable speed through the browser. I tried to fix the problem by

1) Repairing the wifi drivers - Might fix it for sometime, if I disconnect and connect or restart it goes back to the corrupted state.

2) Reinstalling the wifi drivers - Fixed the problem but it didn't the chain reaction to invoked.

Now comes the program that got corrupted due to this problem.

1)Onedrive or any cloud service says signing in (infinite loop). I have to restart the program to fix it, but it is like a hit or miss.

2) Windows Search 90% of the time not working, even searching for local programs results in the infinite loading bar.

More in-depth analyses done to solve this problem.

I tried everything including resetting the index and rebuilding it. Restarted Cortana process under task manager. Nothing works.

Please note that I'm aware of the fact that windows search have this problem of not giving results and I have tried all possible methods that worked for people who have search related issues

3) Chrome downloading is corrupted. When I download something, it downloads the file completely but it doesn't finish in-browser like 100% complete and end the process. I had to quit the chrome and restart it again

4) I also have to reset the password manager which asks me to log in everytime I open chrome.

My laptop as well as the desktop pc running windows 10 1803 face this problem.

Laptop: Acer aspire v5-572p 2013 edition

Anybody facing this issue, please comment

Any help to fix this problem is much appreciated.

Thank you

BalajiJagadeesan, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update

I am going to recommend you downgrade to Windows 10 1703.

Yes, not the best news you want to hear. These feature updates are not thoroughly engineered and are rushed mostly to meet deadlines. They have become highly unnecessary in some instances. My opinion, focus on the apps and less on having the latest version
    of Windows. If your apps are working fine and you are getting your work done, minimize your need to jump on the latest release.

Now, get ready to go back to your previous version. I recommend Windows 10 1703 because its the most stable and efficient release to date.

Step 1: Go to another working computer with Internet access, download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Choose the following:

- Windows Final

- Windows 10, version 1703

- Windows 10 Pro + Home

- English

- x64 (64 bit) x32 (32 bit)

Step 2: create a bootable copy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Step 3: perform a custom install

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Step 4: how to recover your files from Windows.old:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Windows Update might attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 1803 again. See instructions how to block it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update

Chrome not working properly after windows 10 update 1803

After updating windows 10 1803(winver = 17134.228) when i opend chrome ant try to surf it giving error

MICROSOFT EDGE IS WORKING PERFECTLY,i tryed many things suggested by others but that was not useful

this site cant be reached

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_TIMED_OUT

MushtaqPatel, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update

1. Bunch of problems (Internet, Search, Chrome partially not working) after windows 1803 update - Similar Threads - Bunch problems Internet

2. Windows search partially working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows search partially working: I've got an interesting situation, I have a windows server with multiple drives and multiple file shares, about once a week windows search stops working on just one drive (C:) searching anything on that drive returns white unclickable icons and wrong metadata (like file...
  3. No internet (partial) after GPU crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet (partial) after GPU crash: Hello, I got a problem with my pc and hopefully someone can help me. My problem happened twice. My gpu crashed randomly and then I got only a black screen and I pressed the reset button but after the restart I have an internet connection and not. Yeah thats weird but all...
  4. Internet is slow after win10 1803 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is slow after win10 1803 update: After the update my internet speed decreased highly. (from 1gb speed to 0.5 mb) I tried several tutorials in the microsoft support but nothing worked. I basically cannot use internet at all since it takes ages to load, and my pc is the only device with the issue since the...
  5. Problem with Google Chrome after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Google Chrome after Windows update: I‘ve updated my laptop to Windows 10 latest version and Google Chrome that I used before broke down. I cannot open any websites. I know that this problem is not due to the internet connection, it is fine....
  6. Windows 10 random BSODs after 1803 update - Windows Search Service problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 random BSODs after 1803 update - Windows Search Service problem?: Long story short, I've spent the last few weeks trying to root cause a problem with BSODs that pop up within 30 seconds of booting into normal Windows 10, that started immediately after the 1803 update was pushed to my PC. Safe mode works fine, and diagnostic boots work...
  7. Lots of problems after 1803 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lots of problems after 1803 update: Hi, I'm having these problems for months now. Before I get another set of generic solutions let me say that I tried lots of procedures, none of them worked. The only thing that works is a full clean reinstall while holding back on 1803 update. First I'm gonna list the...
  8. Chrome not working properly after windows 10 update 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome not working properly after windows 10 update 1803: After updating windows 10 1803(winver = 17134.228) when i opend chrome ant try to surf it giving error MICROSOFT EDGE IS WORKING PERFECTLY,i tryed many things suggested by others but that was not useful this site cant be reached Try: Checking the connection...
  9. keyboard does not work in os after win 10 - 1803. works in chrome, can't type in os search...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard does not work in os after win 10 - 1803. works in chrome, can't type in os search...: keyboard does not work in os after win 10 - 1803. works in chrome, can't type in os search bar or help appthe catagory doesn't allow hardware only apps and help app & os search bar not listed...
  10. Internet Explorer 11 after 1803 update

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 after 1803 update: 1803 update went as expected and everything appeared OK until I attempted to open Internet Explorer via mouse click on the Taskbar icon (which failed) and via the Windows START Menu, which also failed. IE does open after a Right click on the Taskbar icon followed by a Right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 chrome not working

2. edge google search not workin after windows 1903 update

3. problem windows 10 internet chrome

4. problems with laptop after windows update 1803 yesterday cant clean temporary internet files ,
  5. windows 1803 windows search not working,
  6. chrome not working after 1803