Windows 10: Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

Discus and support Burning DVD Video to DVD-R? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro here. I just created a DVD I want to play on a friend's DVD player using the app 'DVD Flick' and it's created 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NiceAndShy, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro here.

I just created a DVD I want to play on a friend's DVD player using the app 'DVD Flick' and it's created 2 folders: "VIDEO_TS" and "AUDIO_TS", but I don't know how to put them onto a DVD...?

I don't want to use a 3rd party app so what's the best way to do this so the DVD will work on a DVD player?

:)

NiceAndShy, Nov 3, 2016
  2. How to Burn a DVD in Windows 10?

What about trying 3-rd DVD burning software?
    WinX DVD Author
    is great. I had once used it to burn my friend's birthday party video to DVD disc. I played the DVD with my DVD player. The quality is very good.

This wikihow article: How to Burn a Movie gives a tutorial of how burn a DVD on Windows with WinX DVD Author (Method 1).

BriefaWhite, Nov 3, 2016
  3. spunk Win User

Burning DVD Video to DVD-R?

spunk, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Thanks, but I already created the DVD folders so I think it's too late to burn it using DVD Flick unless I start from scratch?

NiceAndShy, Nov 3, 2016
  5. UKMedia Win User
    UKMedia, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Thanks, but can I do this without installing another app? Surely Windows 10 can do it...?

NiceAndShy, Nov 3, 2016
  7. UKMedia Win User

You can just drag the folders to the DVD drive in windows file explorer but apps like image burn do a lot more. (Like verify and double layering)

UKMedia, Nov 3, 2016
  8. mike s Win User
    Nope. Windows has a built-in burning engine but it does not know about the structural constraints necessary for a DVD-Video compliant disc.

You need an application that does - ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, etc.

mike s, Nov 3, 2016
  9. XweAponX Win User
    your burner needs to have DVD-R support. Most recent burners have both DVD + and - support though. I just use IMGburn, it automatically assembles a DVD

XweAponX, Nov 3, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    If they already created the VIDEO_TS folder with DVD Fick then it's dvd compliant and can be burned to a dvd. The AUDIO_TS folder shouldn't be necessary on newer players.

Winuser, Nov 3, 2016
  11. mike s Win User
    It's more than just the presence of the files in a VIDEO_TS folder, if you want to be sure that the disc is playable on a standalone DVD video player. A disc burned by Windows built-in engine using the default settings will probably be playable on a PC, but video equipment firmware is much pickier.
    The disc has to be in UDF 1.02 format (or hybrid ISO9660/UDF 1.02 format for absolute compatibility with older players).
    The contents of the VIDEO_TS folder must be placed in a specific pre-defined (not-alphabetical) order, of which the aforementioned DVD burning programs are aware and will respect. Since the ISO standard is to burn data discs with the files in strict alphabetical order, you cannot achieve that unless your burning software is specifically doing a DVD video project.

mike s, Nov 3, 2016
  12. Winuser Win User

The only time I ever used a dedicated program (ImgBurn) to burn a DVD was when it was a ISO and they played on my players. You do need a program to create the DVD file format which I assume DVD Fick does.

Edit: I just checked DVD Flick and the user manual states you can use DVD Flick to burn the VIDEO_TS folder to a disc. It includes ImgBurn.

Winuser, Nov 4, 2016
  13. I see.

Since I'm already running DVD Flick I'll see if it's possible to use DVD Flick to burn the "Audio_TS and Video_TS" folders to DVD.

NiceAndShy, Nov 6, 2016
  14. Thanks, but since I'm wanting to create a DVD that'll work in a DVD player I don't think I can just drag the Audio_TS and Video_TS folders to the DVD-R?

NiceAndShy, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Burning DVD Video to DVD-R? - Similar Threads - Burning DVD Video

2. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  3. How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to burn a DVD-R or DVD-RW: I have loads of personal home videos that I have downloaded from Apple icloud. I would like to save them to DVD's as gifts for the family. Each time I click on "Burn files" the process cancels. I have looked all over the internet for information but all I find is offers for...
  4. Burn dvd playable videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Burn dvd playable videos: Is there a non expensive way to burn a .mp4 or .mp2 file to a dvd that’s playable in a DVD player? I don’t have any dvd authoring software and on a tight budget. Wanting to burn some video files I took on my iPhone and give it to a family member on dvd. submitted by...
  5. Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell external dvd will not burn video dvd's.: My dell external DVD will not burn video dvd's. It will burn cd's using itunes but when I attempt to burn a video dvd, it copies it then tells me to put a blank dvd in the external drive. As soon as I do it ejects it and asks again for a blank dvd. I have used several...
  6. Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x)

in Windows 10 Support
    Couldn't burn videos to DVD-R 4.7GB (16x): Hello everyone, I am trying to burn some videos (movies) into DVD-R 4.7 GB using wondershare uniconverter. Total size of the movies I selected comes around 4.31GB (screenshot attached). But the size of the same videos after added to uniconverter becomes larger (I don't know...
  7. burning videos to DVD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burning videos to DVD: hello, looking for help burning my iPhone videos to a DVD. I have windows movie maker - but no other dvd creator will install with Windows 10. It used to work on my old computer, but have no idea how to burn the files now. Whenever I try, it just burns the actual number...
  8. DVD R

DVD R: how do I erase a disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-r/8cb187dd-f717-495c-95e3-99c1c3df5bb4
  9. Burning DVD

Burning DVD: How and can I burn a dvd on my windows 10 . I have a DVD RW in MY pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-dvd/e2f16ab6-693d-4061-95c4-4540a252b125
  10. Burning to DVD

Burning to DVD: I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be...