Windows 10: Burning to a disk

Discus and support Burning to a disk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Could someone recommend a simple programme to burn a file to a disk as finally given up trying to understand Win 10's instructions which are beyond... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arcadian, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Arcadian Win User

Burning to a disk

Could someone recommend a simple programme to burn a file to a disk as finally given up trying to understand Win 10's instructions which are beyond useless. Tried next to download one which came with a free virus, now gone, so anything tried and trusted would now be most welcome....

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Mar 29, 2018

2. Burning a video to a disk in windows 10

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for replying to my question, I have an Asus laptop, S551LA-CJ049H. will your instructions still work on this as I am going to print them out, hopefully I will be able to get the final step going.

Regards

Leanne

LeanneGrant, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Burning a video to a disk in windows 10

Hi Leanne,

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Try to run Hardware Troubleshooter. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

a. Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on
    Search option.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, try to update the DVD/CD drivers.

To update the driver, search for the driver on the device manufacturer's website, and then follow the installation instructions on the website.

To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows logo key + R to open the
      Run dialog box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
      Allow
    • In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click
      Uninstall.
    • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
      OK.
    • Restart the computer.
    After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

For reference:

Windows DVD Player:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-dvd-player

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 29, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Burning to a disk

dmholt57, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Thanks downloaded ok but not a techie and just couldn't follow it. It's to download a video to a disk....

Arcadian, Mar 29, 2018
  6. dmholt57 Win User
    Imgburn can be used for many formats. I prefer not to burn discs, usb is much simpler... *Cool

dmholt57, Mar 29, 2018
  7. Arcadian Win User
    Never burn at all these days either however being an Eighties video automatically in the Nineties....!

Thanks *Confused

Arcadian, Mar 29, 2018
  8. fireberd Win User

Burning to a disk

I still do a lot of audio CD burning for my recording studio clients. I use Nero but its not free. Nero BurningRom application is the only burning program that will burn to multiple discs at the same time. I need that for my production.

However, CDBurnerXP is free and maybe easier to use than ImgBurn.

I still do Data CD burning. A 25 cent CD is cheaper than a flash drive, although I also have data on flash drives.

fireberd, Mar 29, 2018
  9. Clintlgm Win User
    Well, I use Clone DVD and Clone CD to burn disk and ISO, ROXIO has a full program that will copy videotapes and what not and burn them to disk. Nero does the same. Burning Videos can be difficult unless they are created on your own video camera Personal video, due to copyright protection. Really since USB thumb drive has become so plentiful and cheap. I don't think any companies are working on CD or DVD producing programs Outside of the professional side of things.

Clintlgm, Mar 29, 2018
  10. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Mar 30, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    Making a video DVD isn't just a matter of copying the video to a disk. If you want it to be playable in any DVD player you need to create the menus and convert the video to the standard MPEG2 format used in all DVD Video disks.

I use DVDStyler for that, you can make the menus then burn the finished video DVD to an ISO file or to a disk. I prefer the Portable Apps version (no install required).

https://portableapps.com/apps/music_...tyler_portable

Thema:

Burning to a disk

1. Burning to a disk - Similar Threads - Burning disk

2. Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.: Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not empty or erasable. New disk loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-burn-cd-r-message-says-disc-is-not-emepty/82565f96-fca3-4863-95fd-6fe9d86d884e
  3. Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.: Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not empty or erasable. New disk loaded. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-burn-cd-r-message-says-disc-is-not-emepty/82565f96-fca3-4863-95fd-6fe9d86d884e
  4. Cannot burn CD-R; message says disc is not emepty or erasable. New disk loaded.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...

DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...: DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk or change to other format, Get message "Connect a burner and restart player" under Burn tab. How to resolve this problem? I have a Dell computer with Windows 10...
  6. DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...: DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk or change to other format, Get message "Connect a burner and restart player" under Burn tab. How to resolve this problem? I have a Dell computer with Windows 10...
  7. DVD/CD will play CD's and can copy tracks to Windows media, but will not burn to new disk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. can windows media player burn disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can windows media player burn disk.: can windows media player burn disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-media-player-burn-disk/3f432277-08f1-436f-b1a5-97d20a840e9e
  9. can windows media player burn disk.

can windows media player burn disk.: can windows media player burn disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-media-player-burn-disk/3f432277-08f1-436f-b1a5-97d20a840e9e
  10. Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verification: Burning a blu ray 50 GB disk always fails verificationLog Name: System Source: cdrom Date: 11/13/2022 1:01:15 PM Event ID: 51 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-RVGGN6P Description: An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0...