Windows 10: Burning to cd

Discus and support Burning to cd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open Media Player it asks me to connect an external burner. I thought you could burn to cds with Media Player, previous system Windows 7 Home.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by longdog, Aug 11, 2015.

1. longdog Win User

Burning to cd

When I open Media Player it asks me to connect an external burner. I thought you could burn to cds with Media Player, previous system Windows 7 Home.

:)

longdog, Aug 11, 2015

2. wont burn a dvd or cd

cant burn a dvd or cd windows media player wont do a cd nero wont burn a cd or dvd

ronniecairney, Aug 11, 2015
  3. can not burn cd's it will play down loaded 10 windows media player help

having one tuff time trying to burn cd's I have cd's that are cd-r player will burn one will not accept any more cd says insert cd

roberthill_975, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Burning to cd

I do see the burn tab in Windows Media Player here under Windows 10. My CD writer has the drive letter F: (it is an internal drive) and this is also the drive, which WMP tells me to put a CD in to start burning. What drive does your Media Player show you in the burn tab? For me it looks like it should be working...

Joergi, Aug 12, 2015
  5. longdog Win User
    It says ' Connect a burner and restart the player'. Does that mean that there isn't an integral burner in Media Player. I don't want to by a burner just to burn one cd.

longdog, Aug 12, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    That message has always meant to me that either the Optical Drive/ODD can't burn to disc, is a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, or if present isn't being recognized by the OS/Operating System. WMP can be used to Rip songs from a CD and also burn songs to a blank disc, usually the R type, not RW. I have, in a number of cases, installed CDBurnerXP to diagnose whether burning problems were software or hardware related and it works in Win10 32-bit and 64-bit. Since the laser inside an ODD produces some heat it's not unusual for older ODDs to fail.
    CDBurnerXP: Free CD and DVD burning software

Berton, Aug 12, 2015
  7. longdog Win User
    Thanks for that helpful reply. I assumed my pc (built by my local shop) came with a burner. I'll speak to the shop to clarify the position. Thanks once again.

longdog, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

Burning to cd

Just go into your file explorer and find out for yourself.

Rocky, Aug 12, 2015
  9. Berton Win User
    You should see a marking on the face of any CD/DVD tray that mentions RW, ReWritable, etc., if it can burn discs. Having determined that then the software comes into the issue.

Berton, Aug 12, 2015
  10. robgr Win User
    Assuming you get the drive sorted there's plent of free burning appliactions, e.g. CDBurnerXP

robgr, Aug 12, 2015
  11. longdog Win User
    It says Super Writemaster on the tray so I'm assuming there is/was a burner in there somewhere.
    Can't find anything in File Explorer but I'm not sure what I was looking for, certainly 'burner' gives me no results.
    Come to think of it I burnt a couple of audio albums to c d's a couple of months ago so something must have happened when I upgraded to Windows 10, something I'm beginning to regret.

longdog, Aug 12, 2015
  12. Berton Win User
    That is a burner but if a burning program doesn't recognize it there may be an issue. They usually are not expensive to replace, I've gotten them for around $50US, may even be cheaper than that now. The drives are combinations of reader and writer in one.

Berton, Aug 12, 2015
  13. longdog Win User

Burning to cd

Thanks Berton, I'll speak to my man. The p c isn't that old so he might sort it out for not a lot. All this to put a few nursery rhymes on a cd *Smile

longdog, Aug 13, 2015
  14. Dch48 Win User
    Go into Device Manager and uninstall the drive (if it shows). Then reboot, Windows should find and reinstall the drive and it should work after that. If you have any third party burning software installed, you may have to uninstall and reinstall that.

Dch48, Aug 13, 2015
  15. robgr Win User
    If it's a burner then it's likely a driver issue, try and update the drivers

robgr, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Burning to cd

1. Burning to cd - Similar Threads - Burning

2. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  3. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...: Do you suggest me to get a new laptop instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-think-ive-burned-my-windows-10-screen-i-have/a508b423-4f19-43b9-b7ca-ca43e027c5e7
  4. Hi, I think I’ve burned my Windows 10 screen, I have power but the screen is not turning...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  6. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  7. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  8. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?: I’ve burn a cd with music using the Windows media player and it says unknown artist, genre and release year. I want to change it without searching it up....
  9. How to edit the artist, genre and release year of a burn cd?

10. does the windows dvd player burn DVDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does the windows dvd player burn DVDs: i need to be able to copy my home movies that are on dvd to the computer and then burn to new dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-dvd-player-burn-dvds/701c33f4-4c32-41f4-b3a5-e18488367019