Windows 10: buying a dvd-app

Discus and support buying a dvd-app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We would like to order the Window DVD App, but this seems to be impossible because wel have to enter a adress in the United States when I enter my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SmitSmit1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. SmitSmit1 Win User

buying a dvd-app

We would like to order the Window DVD App, but this seems to be impossible because wel have to enter a adress in the United States when I enter my creditcard data. Since I live in the Netherlands I can't do this.

How can I order an pay for this app from abroad?

Kind regards,

Marjolein Smit

:)

SmitSmit1, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Joan Pin Win User

DVD app

We appreciate the information you've shared. To resolve the error code that you're getting, we suggest the following troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

• Open Windows Store app.
    • Select your account profile picture next to the search box.
    • Click Downloads and updates.
    • On the download page, select Check for updates.
    Step 2: Reset Windows Store app

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Select Yes in the User Account Control dialog.
    • Type wsreset in the window and press Enter.
    Note: The process may take a few minutes, once it's done, Store app will open and you may check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the recommended resolution works for you.

Joan Pin, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 13, 2018
  4. buying a dvd-app

backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

buying a dvd-app

1. buying a dvd-app - Similar Threads - buying dvd app

2. Microsoft DVD app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft DVD app: How do i play a dvd on continuous loop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-dvd-app/13657335-188a-45b4-9cea-858f41e255ec
  3. I need to Buy Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 DVD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to Buy Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 DVD's: I need to Buy Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 DVD's. My internet connections is super slow at times and drop outs. I have not purchased it yet , due to the slow download speeds. Is there place to purchase the DVD's. I have tried to find a faster location , due to the...
  4. Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does buying a key be better than buying a dvd when installing on a new pc build?: i'm wondering if the files downloaded on the website would be safe or not, But the problem is that i'm not sure if i can use a external dvd drive to install....
  5. but children can't buy apps!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    but children can't buy apps!: How is my daughter supposed to buy Minecraft? Now it's on my account, and I don't want to play. She uses this PC, and she does want to play. This is crazy. Children can't make purchases!...
  6. DVD app

DVD app: After recently updating to windows 10 19.09 from the Creators Update my copy of DVD Player app which replaced my Media Centre app when upgrading from Windows 7 Pro (to the first iteration of Windows 10) disappeared from my app list. As a qualifying upgrade for the DVD app is...
  7. Where should i buy dvd drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where should i buy dvd drives: since im replacing my old laptop ive been trying to find where to buy dvd drives that are 12mm where should i buy one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-should-i-buy-dvd-drives/00b158c6-8d5c-4751-ab18-3ad1b42f2c5a
  8. dvd app

dvd app: will windows DVD app allow me to play music cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-app/706d1a81-d968-419b-bcde-864a95b5a610
  9. DVD APP

DVD APP: the dvd player came with windows 10 but it does no work, [how can i get this to work] any ideas anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-app/bfe90fd3-fa29-4df0-a865-9cac50d5a250
  10. Lost DVD APP

Lost DVD APP: My dvd app which I purchased for £12.49 has disappeared in my latest windows upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-dvd-app/d80907df-fd47-4cff-b65f-7fc3783c92bf