Windows 10: By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it

Discus and support By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an old account Mr Sumleren X Box name: im_dr_rediation.Yesterday by mistake, I created a new account, named Dr Rediation.Both accounts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vitus.dk, Mar 4, 2024.

1. vitus.dk Win User

By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it

I have an old account Mr Sumleren X Box name: im_dr_rediation.Yesterday by mistake, I created a new account, named Dr Rediation.Both accounts are backend by the same Microsoft Account, so when I try to login to ether of my Minecraft accounts, I get to the new one Dr Rediation, not the old one, in which I have purchased Minecraft. In the new one, I have not purchased Minecraft, so I can no longer play Minecraft.I can see, that there are many forum posts in which you are stating that you cannot have two Microsoft accounts with the same email, while that may verey well be true, I can not access

:)

vitus.dk, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it :(

Zakin, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 4, 2024
  4. By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it

delete micosoft account

Hi Ginny,

For you to delete a Microsoft account, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on the Microsoft account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Remove then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it

1. By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it - Similar Threads - mistake Minecraft accounts

2. By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    By mistake, I now have two Minecraft accounts, backed by the same Micosoft account behind it: I have an old account Mr Sumleren X Box name: im_dr_rediation.Yesterday by mistake, I created a new account, named Dr Rediation.Both accounts are backend by the same Microsoft Account, so when I try to login to ether of my Minecraft accounts, I get to the new one Dr...
  3. two machines same account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  4. two machines same account.

two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  5. Same email two accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same email two accounts.: Been stuck with a problem. Have two accounts. One is a personal account and the other one is a work based account,but they share an email address. Lost the password to the work account which is a global admin and can't access it,which means that admin functions are no longer...
  6. Same email two accounts.

Same email two accounts.: Been stuck with a problem. Have two accounts. One is a personal account and the other one is a work based account,but they share an email address. Lost the password to the work account which is a global admin and can't access it,which means that admin functions are no longer...
  7. Changed password and now I have two accounts.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changed password and now I have two accounts.: I had to change my Microsoft password due to a breach and now I have two accounts listed on my pc and have to put the password in every time no matter how the settings are. How do I get rid of the second account?...
  8. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  9. Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two accounts with same name and now on startup I have to enter a password: This is a two part question. Since this afternoon somehow Cortana got started and now I have to enter a password to start my PC. I've tried netplwiz and user accounts so I have looked at some solutions. However, now when I reboot I have two accounts with the same name....
  10. Can I have two Microsoft Account Users with the same Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I have two Microsoft Account Users with the same Microsoft account: I like the security and convenience of having an account with administrative privileges, which I only use for installing and changing critical settings and an account which I use for all other purposes, which does not have administrative privileges. I would like to abandon...