Windows 10: Bypass lock screen after sleep

Discus and support Bypass lock screen after sleep in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep. Virtually every suggested tweak in various... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by borgus, Aug 9, 2016.

1. borgus Win User

Bypass lock screen after sleep

New Dell Inspiron running W10 1607 HOME needs to have lock screen bypassed when awakening from sleep.
    Virtually every suggested tweak in various forums has been tried. None succeeds.

Netplwiz: unchecking the "users must use" box
    Power Options: there are no references to "password after sleep" as shown in some posts
    Registry: adding "personalization" with DWord 1
    There is no gpedit policy editor in this version of Windows

Has something been missed?

:)

borgus, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Bruce Hagen, Aug 9, 2016
  3. travissm Win User
    HP Laptop shutting down when "close lid" option is set to "sleep" after Windows 10 upgrade?

Thank you for the response.

While now my computer is going to sleep when I close the lid, after I click to bypass the lock screen and enter my password it is getting the Bypass lock screen after sleep :( error and restarting with "unexpected store error" note.

travissm, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 9, 2016
  5. borgus Win User
    It should Brink, but that option is not evident on this Dell box.
    None of the others mentioned in your tutorial show up either.

borgus, Aug 9, 2016
  6. borgus Win User
    Yup. And adding "personalization|nolockscreen" to the registry does nothing, as mentioned earlier.
    Perhaps Dell disabled this option.

borgus, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 9, 2016
  8. borgus Win User

Not only is it not enabled, this box doesn't even use a password.
    Cold boot moves through the BIOS, lock/welcome screens and comes right to the desktop or metro interface without intervention.

I should mention that none of the options in your initial link are available in Win 10 Pro, on another machine.
    Yet it wakes up to the desktop/metro directly from sleep with no sign of the lock/welcome screens. No PW is configured on that box as well.

This is no big deal, just an oddity. The object is to configure the machine as straightforwardly as possible for a new, novice user. Thanks.

borgus, Aug 9, 2016
  9. borgus Win User
    The Desktop PC has always booted and awakened directly to the desktop. The month-old laptop has always booted to the desktop but not from SLEEP, just as did a now-sold laptop. Neither laptop nor my Desktop PC has a PW.

The "no password required" options mentioned in tutorials did/do not exist on either laptop (HOME) or Desktop (PRO) machines and various registry hacks had failed to alter the laptops' Lock/Sign-In screens after SLEEP.

Seeing no fix, I gave up...until today, when I reviewed articles. Spontaneously, without making any obvious changes, the laptop began to awaken to the desktop. I shall face east and genuflect. ^_^

borgus, Oct 4, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad to hear it. *Party

Brink, Oct 5, 2016
  11. cereberus Win User
    This may be a bit belated, and maybe not relevant but worth noting for futute reference and may be worth updating tutorial.

If you use a local account and do not have a password, the box that you click 'never' to remove the password required on wakeup only is not visible!

Stupidly, you have to set a local password to see the box that allows you to not need the password! Then you can remove the local password again.

cereberus, Oct 5, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 5, 2016
  13. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bypass lock screen after sleep - Similar Threads - Bypass lock screen

2. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  3. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  4. Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation: I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart after sleep or hibernation, but I can't find a way to do that. 173844
  5. Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen: Win 10 gpedit "Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization" does not show Personalization. I want to bypass / eliminate lock screen. Have tried entry in Register, doesn't consistently work....
  6. bypass lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bypass lock screen: how do I get into my Lenovo ideapad bypassing the screen lock passcode I cant get into the computer cause I forgot the passcode and doing a factory reset didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-lock-screen/c2b1ec96-53dc-421c-ba79-6d0789e4937c"
  7. Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass welcome screen after resuming from sleep: I'm not sure it's called the welcome screen, i have to press Enter or use the mouse to get in. 129395
  8. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  9. Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Bypass or disable lock screen after resume from sleep: I am on 1803 Pro, I don't have any password set but everytime the computer resumes from sleep I have to click on the sign in button. I had disabled previously the lock screen but it just came back randomly. This time trying 4-5 different techniques: netplwiz, registry change,...
  10. Lock screen bypassed on its own?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen bypassed on its own?: Hello, Recently i notice that i am not being presented with the lock screen initially before the login screen. I don't recall doing anything to bypass the lock screen. Any idea how to get the lock screen back please? Thanks, Troy. 20680