Windows 10: Bypass This app has been blocked for your protection in Windows 10

Discus and support Bypass This app has been blocked for your protection in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Bypass This app has been blocked for your protection in Windows 10 How to Bypass 'This app has been blocked for your protection' in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Clint, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Clint Win User

Bypass This app has been blocked for your protection in Windows 10

How to: Bypass This app has been blocked for your protection in Windows 10

How to Bypass 'This app has been blocked for your protection' in Windows 10

Bypass This app has been blocked for your protection in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 includes a lot of new security features for your protection against malware. However user protection can sometimes be over aggressive, and block something that should actually be trusted.

For example, when you try to install a driver or app from an unknown source and get a “This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.” warning preventing you from running or installing the app.

This tutorial will show you how to bypass the This app has been blocked for your protection warning in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to bypass this warning.

Warning *Busted You would only want to bypass the This app has been blocked for your protection warning if you are 100% sure the app is safe to run or install.

If you are not 100% sure, then it would be safer to not run or install the app, and find a more reliable source to get the app from.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Bypass "This app has been blocked for your protection" in Elevated Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Bypass "This app has been blocked for your protection" in built-in Administrator account

EXAMPLE: "This app has been blocked for your protection" warning

OPTION ONE [/i] Bypass "This app has been blocked for your protection" in Elevated Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the full path of the app within quotes like below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.

*Arrow "full path of app"

For example:
    "C:\Dell\Drivers\24T1W\R235168\Setup.exe"

OPTION TWO [/i] Bypass "This app has been blocked for your protection" in built-in Administrator account
    1. If you haven't already, enable the built-in elevated Administrator account.

2. Switch user from your account to sign in to the built-in elevated Administrator account.

3. Run or install the blocked app.

4. When successfully finished installing or running the app, sign out of the built-in elevated Administrator account.

5. Sign back in to your account.

6. If you like, disable the built-in elevated Administrator account.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Clint, Jan 23, 2016
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

This app has been blocked for your protection

Hello,

Windows 10 has security features like Defender SmartScreen built in that sometimes blocks apps and programs that you really want.

You may need to give permission to that app/program. To do this:

• Navigate to the file or program that's being blocked by SmartScreen.
    • Right-click the file.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the checkbox next to Unblock so that a checkmark appears.
    • Click Apply.

You should be able to open the app/program safely. If you're still having an issue with running it, try opening the program as an Administrator in addition to the steps above.

Let us know how things go.

Anne Fuj, Jan 23, 2016
  3. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

How can I get past "This App has been blocked for your protection" in Windows 10? I need to install a valid program, but even when I try to do as an administrator, I'm told to "see the administrator."

JamesHolmes1, Jan 23, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Shawn, Option #1......

For example:
    CD "C:\Dell\Drivers\24T1W\R235168\Setup.exe"

is invalid. Can't change current directory to an executable.

And even if
    CD "C:\Dell\Drivers\24T1W\R235168\"

do what? Sorry, confused......*Confused

f14tomcat, Jan 24, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry Dick. It shouldn't have the CD in it. *Redface

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Bypass This app has been blocked for your protection in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bypass app has

2. The app has been blocked for your protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The app has been blocked for your protection: Hello,I recently bought a new 2TB hard drive for extra space.Plugged it in no problems as it is recommended to do. Next is said to go to disk management, but when I do that the following appears :Okay so I go online and multiple fixes are proposed.I try to deactivate the...
  3. This APP has been blocked for your protection

This APP has been blocked for your protection: Hello, This game I am playing has just had an update. I was trying to install it but it doesn't let me fully access the client loader. When Its finishing the update install the following error appears *Use Account Control This app has been blocked for your protection....
  4. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: I'm getting this error. I'm trying to run device manager because after a restart one of my dual screen monitors isn't being detected - a problem that recurs regularly. I wouldn't mind solving both of these problems [ATTACH]...
  5. 'this app has been blocked for your protection'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'this app has been blocked for your protection': the following box pops up when I go to use a program that has been on computer since February this year and used then as well. has not been used nearly 2 months, then go to use and this happens. I have norton on comp from before non-loading program was on comp box ......
  6. This app has been blocked for your protection

This app has been blocked for your protection: When ever I try to open Windows device manager I see this message : "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, for more info contact the administrator" MMC.exe But I am the administrator ! If not how to know it. I have disabled my antivirus still the same...
  7. THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-app-has-been-blocked-for-your-protection/2c72b92a-e3f3-41cb-b7c4-00537d4f75a0"
  8. This app has been blocked for your protection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This app has been blocked for your protection.: Windows won't let me download my printer driver on my new laptop. It asks for Administrator permission, except I am the administrator [ATTACH]...
  9. This app has been blocked for your protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This app has been blocked for your protection: The latest update of Win 10 has obviously tightened up security . . . to the point where it won't allow me run SqlBackUpandFTP any more. I logged in as the (hidden) Administrator and got it working there OK, but when I Logged in as myself again, it still wouldn't work...
  10. "This App has been blocked for your protection"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "This App has been blocked for your protection": I'm trying to install additional driver for my printer/scanner from the CD but I keep getting the message above when I try autorun or setup from the disc with the following additional comment: "An administrator has blocked you from running this app, For more information,...