Windows 10: Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?

Discus and support Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer is on an AD domain and we have a WSUS server serving updates. However only certain categories of updates are auto approved so typically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jdella9, Jul 6, 2016.

1. jdella9 Win User

Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?

My computer is on an AD domain and we have a WSUS server serving updates. However only certain categories of updates are auto approved so typically what I used to do with windows 7 is every once in a while click "Check for updates from microsoft" and this would bypass WSUS and reach out to microsoft for updates. Now this Windows 10 install USED TO have that button but it does not anymore. How can I restore this functionality as I am sure there are plenty of non-critical updates for Windows 10 over the lats few months that I am missing. I am a local/domain admin so access is not an issue.

Thanks in advance

:)

jdella9, Jul 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 bypassing WSUS

Hi,

If such setup worked from previous Windows 10 build and it just started having issues on the current build, there could be a possibility of adjustments on the settings of the device. To provide you with further assistance on the appropriate configuration,
    we suggest posting your query on Microsoft TechNet.
    The forum is mostly consisting of Professional Technicians who can guide you throughout the whole process of resolving your concern.

If you have other queries, do not hesitate to ask us.

Arthur Rui, Jul 6, 2016
  3. P.K.H. Win User
    Windows 10 bypassing WSUS

Thank you for the response, I will look into posting on TechNet.

Just a clarification. When I said previous versions of Windows I meant Win 8.1, 7, Vista, and XP. I don't know if previous builds on Win 10 exhibited the problem as I've only recently noticed it.

P.K.H., Jul 6, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Updates in Windows 10 are much easier. They are all rolled up into latest cumulative update. Not sure how you can do this as you want, but Windows 10 has a new update mechanism whereby you update one pc, and other pcs on same lan pick up updates from that host.

No idea if that works on say enterprise.

cereberus, Jul 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates? - Similar Threads - Bypass WSUS Updates

2. WSUS Update for window 10 Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS Update for window 10 Failed: Hi , i was tasked to use WSUS Update to update Patches for 30 - 40Pc. but i noticed that after running the installer it says Failed to update . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-update-for-window-10-failed/074afe45-38e4-4050-93c7-9cdfa3a6889b
  3. WSUS Update for window 10 Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSUS Update for window 10 Failed: Hi , i was tasked to use WSUS Update to update Patches for 30 - 40Pc. but i noticed that after running the installer it says Failed to update . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsus-update-for-window-10-failed/074afe45-38e4-4050-93c7-9cdfa3a6889b
  4. WSUS Update for window 10 Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WSUS and Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS and Definition Updates: In an environment that uses an application such as Citrix or Horizon and the machines are temporary and therefore do not auto patch through WSUS base image is patched on a regular basis but Defender updates are needed is the proper configuration within WSUS to auto approve...
  6. WSUS and Definition Updates

WSUS and Definition Updates: In an environment that uses an application such as Citrix or Horizon and the machines are temporary and therefore do not auto patch through WSUS base image is patched on a regular basis but Defender updates are needed is the proper configuration within WSUS to auto approve...
  7. WSUS not downloading updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  8. WSUS not downloading updates

WSUS not downloading updates: Hello. Upgrading WSUS server from 2012 to 2019. Everything seems to be working correctly but it when trying to download approved updates, the download fails. We checked firewalls, settings, etc..thoughts? Thanks in advance.....
  9. windows 10 update issues with wsus

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update issues with wsus: Hello, I am using server 2008 wsus with windows 10 clients. clients aren't downloading and installing the updates at set time which is 3am. I have all settings setup through gpedit, I restarted the computers but still no luck. do you think wsus 2008 is not compatible with...
  10. WSUS and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS and Windows 10: Hello I'm using a GPO to control when patches are applied to my PC's. When I go and check the W10 PCs, I select check for updates, it shows a "Retry" button and when I hit "Retry" it downloads and installs the patches, no problem. This is consistent with all W10 PC's....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bypass wsus windows 10

2. bypass wsus server windows 10 on domain

3. windows 10 bypass wsus once

4. windows 10 1903 bypass wsus,
  5. cliente windows 10 1903 desaparecio wsus,
  6. windows 10 1903 check microsoft for updates bypass WSUS,
  7. windows 10 bypass wsus force 1903,
  8. will updates be installed as thay are not aproved in wsus windows 10,
  9. windows 10 wsus update now,
  10. bypass wsus win 10,
  11. WSUS bypass for windows driver updates