Windows 10: Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?

Discus and support Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer is on an AD domain and we have a WSUS server serving updates. However only certain categories of updates are auto approved so typically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jdella9, Jul 6, 2016.

1. jdella9 Win User

Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates?

My computer is on an AD domain and we have a WSUS server serving updates. However only certain categories of updates are auto approved so typically what I used to do with windows 7 is every once in a while click "Check for updates from microsoft" and this would bypass WSUS and reach out to microsoft for updates. Now this Windows 10 install USED TO have that button but it does not anymore. How can I restore this functionality as I am sure there are plenty of non-critical updates for Windows 10 over the lats few months that I am missing. I am a local/domain admin so access is not an issue.

Thanks in advance

:)

jdella9, Jul 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 bypassing WSUS

Hi,

If such setup worked from previous Windows 10 build and it just started having issues on the current build, there could be a possibility of adjustments on the settings of the device. To provide you with further assistance on the appropriate configuration,
    we suggest posting your query on Microsoft TechNet.
    The forum is mostly consisting of Professional Technicians who can guide you throughout the whole process of resolving your concern.

If you have other queries, do not hesitate to ask us.

Arthur Rui, Jul 6, 2016
  3. P.K.H. Win User
    Windows 10 bypassing WSUS

Thank you for the response, I will look into posting on TechNet.

Just a clarification. When I said previous versions of Windows I meant Win 8.1, 7, Vista, and XP. I don't know if previous builds on Win 10 exhibited the problem as I've only recently noticed it.

P.K.H., Jul 6, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Updates in Windows 10 are much easier. They are all rolled up into latest cumulative update. Not sure how you can do this as you want, but Windows 10 has a new update mechanism whereby you update one pc, and other pcs on same lan pick up updates from that host.

No idea if that works on say enterprise.

cereberus, Jul 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Bypass WSUS for Windows 10 Updates? - Similar Threads - Bypass WSUS Updates

2. WSUS for windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WSUS for windows 10 pro: hello MS community. Is it possible to use wsus on windows 10 pro? I need to update 5 PCs and only one of them has internet connection. I can't use any 3rd party software. regards Bartosz...
  3. WSUS and Windows 10

WSUS and Windows 10: Hello I'm using a GPO to control when patches are applied to my PC's. When I go and check the W10 PCs, I select check for updates, it shows a "Retry" button and when I hit "Retry" it downloads and installs the patches, no problem. This is consistent with all W10 PC's....
  4. bypass windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bypass windows 10: I got a used computer windows 10 that had a password, & I can't log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-windows-10/06ad001f-af53-4358-a434-59e3cb823d2d"
  5. Updating Windows 10 version 1903 using Configuration Manager or WSUS

in Windows 10 News
    Updating Windows 10 version 1903 using Configuration Manager or WSUS: This week, we announced the release of Windows 10, version 1903 and Windows Server, version 1903. As you look to deploy these feature updates in your organization, I want to tell you about some changes we are making to the way Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and System...
  6. WSUS Client on Windows 1607 not seeing updates to 1803

WSUS Client on Windows 1607 not seeing updates to 1803: Hello, This is my first post here, well first ever post that I was not able to solve with searching. At my organization we have workstations and a WSUS server that is not connected to the internet. We have two machines that were able to receive the windows 1803 update....
  7. Trouble updating to build 1511 through WSUS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble updating to build 1511 through WSUS: I would like to update my Windows 10 computers to the latest 1511 (10586) build using Windows Update. I have approved the update in WSUS for all groups and it is also showing as "ready for installation. But none of pc's are seeing the update. WSUS is also showing Needed=0....
  8. How to install regular updates bypassing Windows 10

How to install regular updates bypassing Windows 10: When I open my Windows Update, the Upgrade to Windows 10 is there ready for me to download. It has a button saying "Get Started". I checked to see what available updates are ready for me and it shows I have about 8 Windows 7 updates to be installed. How do I get around the...
  9. 1607 WSUS server updates - possibly not working?

1607 WSUS server updates - possibly not working?: Hey guys, Being the IT guy at work, I upgraded myself (actually did a fresh reinstall) to Windows 10 Enterprise build 1607. Hoping I could find any potential problems before the rest of the company gets it - they're still on 1511. We have a Windows Server Update...
  10. Windows Updates bypassing SCCM

Windows Updates bypassing SCCM: We have SCCM in our environment and machines that are managed by SCCM are going out to the internet to pull updates. How can we stop this? 90909

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bypass wsus windows 10

2. bypass wsus server windows 10 on domain

3. windows 10 bypass wsus once

4. windows 10 1903 bypass wsus,
  5. cliente windows 10 1903 desaparecio wsus,
  6. windows 10 1903 check microsoft for updates bypass WSUS,
  7. windows 10 bypass wsus force 1903,
  8. will updates be installed as thay are not aproved in wsus windows 10,
  9. windows 10 wsus update now,
  10. bypass wsus win 10,
  11. WSUS bypass for windows driver updates