Windows 10: c drive automatically getting filled up

Discus and support c drive automatically getting filled up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prasad, Oct 18, 2015.

1. prasad Win User

c drive automatically getting filled up

Dear All,

I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then decompressed all files using the option under properties on right clicking the c drive and got 25 gb free this morning. I am watching helplessly as it has already reduced to 19 gb and is reducing fast with no activity and no internet down load etc from my side. could someone....anyone please help

Thanks in advance

:)

prasad, Oct 18, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

c drive getting filled up automatically

Hi Avinash ,just stop it (Uncheck or Disable) in the startup where you found it and that will stop it altogether . . .

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    c drive getting filled up automatically

Hi Avinash, in that screenshot, your hard drive is not busy, it is at 2% . . .

Can you open TreeSize again, on your C Drive try to see what is taking up the most of your space and post a screenshot and I can advise further on anything else that can be safely removed . . .

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Thema:

1. c drive automatically getting filled up - Similar Threads - drive automatically getting

2. How to stop C-Drive from filling up so fast?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop C-Drive from filling up so fast?: I have 1 TB of storage on my HD D-drive, and only 130 GB on my C-drive. I've changed all the settings I could to have all downloads go to my D-drive to prevent the C-drive from filling up, but it keeps filling up. I bought this computer in hopes that I could use the terabyte...
  3. My C drive keeps filling up within 2 minutes!?

My C drive keeps filling up within 2 minutes!?: I need to reset my computer, but it always says something like "additional disk space needed to reset pc" and it drives me CRAZY!!! It's been like that for MONTHS. I cleared out space on my C drive by going to %temp% in run, and temp and etc.. It worked but in the next 2 mins...
  4. Windows C drive getting full automatically

Windows C drive getting full automatically: Hi all My C drive is getting full automatically. Almost 5 gb in 30 minutes..... when i restart again the c drive size will go back to normal and from there it starts decreasing again. Please give me a solution for this...
  5. Password screen is getting automatically filled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password screen is getting automatically filled: Hi, When I start my laptop, my password space where we type laptop password, is automatically filled with a huge long random string. So everytime I have to delete and type my password. Is there any way to get rid out of the irritating issue....
  6. Whats filling my C drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whats filling my C drive?: My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, I'm getting warnings. I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows. Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB 56(c) + 20(restore) = 76GB for C. This leaves a difference of 124GB unaccounted for. My BU and System Image are in in a...
  7. Replicating files filling C:/ Drives

Replicating files filling C:/ Drives: Good Morning, I'm expierencing an issue on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter where files for OneDrive install/Update are replicating indefinitely at "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive". They get replicated after every reboot. I...
  8. Drive C getting Full automatically

Drive C getting Full automatically: i've noticed that my C Drive (which windows is installed on it) gets filled every minute automatically without me downloading or doing anything let me explain a situation so you can understand exactly what i mean : i don't turn off my PC because i work with it almost 18 hours...
  9. Hard drive filling up

Hard drive filling up: Each night my hard drive fills up. I can't figure out where the free space is going. I can clear off 5 gigs, but the next morning there is a 'low disk space' error.. How can I find where the empty space is being used? Can I search by newest file created? 106834
  10. c drive automatically getting filled up

c drive automatically getting filled up: Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then...