Windows 10: c drive automatically getting filled up

Discus and support c drive automatically getting filled up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by prasad, Oct 18, 2015.

1. prasad Win User

c drive automatically getting filled up

Dear All,

I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then decompressed all files using the option under properties on right clicking the c drive and got 25 gb free this morning. I am watching helplessly as it has already reduced to 19 gb and is reducing fast with no activity and no internet down load etc from my side. could someone....anyone please help

Thanks in advance

:)

prasad, Oct 18, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

c drive getting filled up automatically

Hi Avinash ,just stop it (Uncheck or Disable) in the startup where you found it and that will stop it altogether . . .

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    c drive getting filled up automatically

Hi Avinash, in that screenshot, your hard drive is not busy, it is at 2% . . .

Can you open TreeSize again, on your C Drive try to see what is taking up the most of your space and post a screenshot and I can advise further on anything else that can be safely removed . . .

DaveM121, Oct 18, 2015
  4. c drive automatically getting filled up

I don't know an answer to your question, but there's no need to post the same question three times within minutes of each other. Your thread will be found through "New Posts".

fracking4oil, Oct 18, 2015
  5. TairikuOkami, Oct 18, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
  7. Ztruker Win User
    That shows your C: is only 22.9GB, not 90GB.

Please post a screen shot of a full screen Disk Management window with all fields expanded so you can see everything, especially the Status column in the upper section.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

c drive automatically getting filled up

1. c drive automatically getting filled up - Similar Threads - drive automatically getting

2. C Drive filling up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive filling up automatically: C Drive filling up automatically. Its filling up as I write this this issue here. I formatted or did a complete restore after removing all my files from all drives. Yet, my C drive is filling up automatically. Is this the issue with Windows 11?...
  3. C Drive filling up automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive filling up automatically: C Drive filling up automatically. Its filling up as I write this this issue here. I formatted or did a complete restore after removing all my files from all drives. Yet, my C drive is filling up automatically. Is this the issue with Windows 11?...
  4. C Drive fills up automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive fills up automatically: HiEveryday 300-400 mb get filled automatically in C Drive and I don't know where the free space is getting filled I tried all your methods available on Microsoft Community by not a single thing worked for me and when i select all file of C drive I calculated that 84 GB should...
  5. C Drive fills up automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive fills up automatically: HiEveryday 300-400 mb get filled automatically in C Drive and I don't know where the free space is getting filled I tried all your methods available on Microsoft Community by not a single thing worked for me and when i select all file of C drive I calculated that 84 GB should...
  6. C Drive fills up automatically

7. C Drive filling up automatically for no reason

C Drive filling up automatically for no reason: whenever I restart my PC I see my C Drive is filling up automatically for no reason ,It has taken approx 20GB of space in last 3-4 restart cycle,I don't even have that fast internet that could download that much data without interrupting everything else....
  8. C Drive is Getting Automatically Filled Up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive is Getting Automatically Filled Up.: Path: C: > Windows > System32 > Log Files > Kernel.etl Hello, I am facing a peculiar problem as C drive is getting automatically filled up until storage sense notification pops up and says only 7 GB space left. I was able to figure out the issue which is caused by the...
  9. c drive automatically filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive automatically filling up: my c drive automatically filling up after opening pc. even without internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-automatically-filling-up/bfa9c6a1-31f7-42fc-928b-bdf8d87ccb26"
  10. c drive automatically getting filled up

in Windows 10 Support
    c drive automatically getting filled up: Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then...