Windows 10: C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer

Discus and support C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; BIG EDIT: Apparently, my I: drive doesn't show up either... drives C:, D: and I: are partitions of one of an SSD, the other are partitions of another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhantomR, May 30, 2018.

1. PhantomR Win User

C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer

BIG EDIT: Apparently, my I: drive doesn't show up either... drives C:, D: and I: are partitions of one of an SSD, the other are partitions of another hard disk. I'm now guessing that D: drive is the problem..

I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the offline ISO and for some reason my C: drive (on which Windows is installed) does not show up in the Windows Explorer sidebar (on the left). Sadly, it doesn't even appear in 'Browse' dialogs in other programs.

If it matters, my D: drive is Ext4 and had Ubuntu installed on it before I (re)installed Windows.
    C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

:)

PhantomR, May 30, 2018

2. External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer

Hi there

I have an external Western Digital My Book hard drive which is connected via USB. I am using Windows 10.

The problem I have is this: For some reason the correct name of the disk does not show up in Windows Explorer. It appears named as "J: Local Disk" and when I rename it the name does not change.

I have checked the drive in Disk Management and the name is correct; the drive has the new name I gave it. But for some reason it won't show up in Windows Explorer.

Any ideas?

thecynicalmonk, May 30, 2018
  3. External hard drive does not show up in File Explorer on Windows 10.

Hello Ruth,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Is the drive visible under Disk management?
    • Have you assigned a drive letter for the external drive?
    • Does the drive get detected on connecting the same to another PC?

You might be facing the above issue due to the unallocated letter for the drive. Unallocated drives are those whose drive letters are not allocated when initially partitioned or after formatting. You will be able to view the drive on your PC if you
    have allocated a drive name for the partition created. The drive will not be visible on the PC if you do not allocate a drive letter or a drive name.

The issue may also occur due to some of the system components conflicting with Windows 10 operating system on the PC.

Method 1: Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix to enhance the performance of the system.
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced
      option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • After troubleshooting is completed, check for the status, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to check if the device gets detected under
    Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option from the context menu.
    • Check if WD external hard drive is visible in the window.
    • If visible, check if you can open the files in the File Explorer by right clicking and selecting
      Open option form the context menu.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 30, 2018
Thema:

C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer

1. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - drive does show

2. My D: drive is allocated, but does not show up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My D: drive is allocated, but does not show up in file explorer: I downgraded from Windows 11 to Windows 10. I noticed my D: drive was missing. It says it is allocated, but it is not a drive and it will not let me add a volume it is all greyed out. This is very frustrating as I have tried everything....
  3. My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives

My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives: Hi, recently I've been noticing that whenever I start my computer, it always does an automatic disk checking. Everything works as normal but when I went to defragment my drives, my C drive does not show up on there however it does show up on file explorer and I can still...
  4. My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives: Hi, recently I've been noticing that whenever I start my computer, it always does an automatic disk checking. Everything works as normal but when I went to defragment my drives, my C drive does not show up on there however it does show up on file explorer and I can still...
  5. My C/Boot Drive does not show up on defragment drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer: I have a 2TB Seagate External HDD , which is not showing the Name of the drive properly in Windows Explorer. The Drive is Originally Named as "SEAGATE" , Disk Partition manager , Disk Defragmentor , shows the Drive name as "SEAGATE" but due to some Reason the Windows Explorer...
  7. USB Drive does not show up in Explorer

USB Drive does not show up in Explorer: I installed Windows 10 using a Pen drive created by me from an ISO file of Windows downloaded. But the drive is not there in the explorer in order to eject it safely?...
  8. C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left)

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive does not show up in Windows Explorer sidebar (left): I've just installed the Windows 10 17127 Insider Preview from the offline ISO and for some reason my C: drive (on which Windows is installed) does not show up in the Windows Explorer sidebar (on the left). Sadly, it doesn't even appear in 'Browse' dialogs in other programs....
  9. Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer: I have several server drives mapped to my Surface Pro 3 tablet, and from time to time they disappear from Windows Explorer and XYplorer (an Explorer replacement). They are still there and mapped, as Net Use shows them mapped properly. But to get them tho show up in either...
  10. USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer

USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer: My external 1gb USB hard drive works on several windows 7/8/10 laptops. It used to work with this particular Windows 10 laptop, but has stopped. Other external USB hard drives still work on this laptop. When plugged in, it shows up as ADplus SuperVer USB Device. It is a 1 Gb...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 does not show c drive storage details

2. windows explorer does not show c drive

3. windows explored doent have c drive showing

4. windows explorer c drive,
  5. windows explorer drive c