Windows 10: c# excell file read issue

Discus and support c# excell file read issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: 'Could not find installable ISAM.'... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sudheerr1, Jul 23, 2018.

1. sudheerr1 Win User

c# excell file read issue

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: 'Could not find installable ISAM.'

:)

sudheerr1, Jul 23, 2018

2. FIles in Word, Excel and other programmes will not open from the explorer

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

Please follow the steps.

Step 1:

Lets try to disable the DDE option following these steps:

• Click the File tab, and then click
      Options.
    • Click Advanced, and then click to clear the
      Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) check box in the
      General area.
    Click OK.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, uncheck the compatibility options by doing the following:

Right click on Excel (.exe) Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

Windows 8 32bit: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14

Windows 8 64bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14

For reference:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/there-was-a-problem-sending-the-command-to-the/56ee1743-b476-43a5-9b00-169b8c6ef37a

Hope the suggestion is helpful. Reply for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Jul 23, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

c# excell file read issue [​IMG]

- this list:

c# excell file read issue [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 23, 2018
  4. c# excell file read issue

Excel file

Hi zhiyang....,

I'm assuming that since you're using Excel 2011, that you have a Mac. Have you tried saving the file in the default 2011 format of XLSX?

While I have tested and can open both XLS and XLSX files on my Windows Phone, they were both created in PC versions of Excel 2000 and Excel 2010.

As a test, would you:

• First, try saving the file as XLSX and see if you can access the newer file format on your phone.

Otherwise, try the following as a test:

• Open up a web browser
    • Go to Windows Live and login.
    • Select "SkyDrive" at the top of the brwoser window
    • Select the Excel icon near the top where it says "Create"
    • Add a few numbers and do an AutoSum. Maybe add some formatting.
    • Close the workbook (File -> Close workbook)
    • Next, your SkyDrive file listing will appear with the new file.
    • Click the "i" circle to the far right of the new file.
    • Now, select "Send a link"
    • Enter your e-mail information and click "Send"
    • On your phone, open the e-mail and click on the button that says "View document"
    • You should be able to view the document.
    • If yes, then there is apparently a compatibilty issue on the Mac using XLS and I would try my first suggestion of trying to save the file in a different format like the newer XLSX.

By the way, the procedure gets easier in Windows Phone Mango (coming soon - no official release dates yet except in Japan) as you can save to and access files directly from your SkyDrive. That would eliminate the e-mailing it to yourself steps ... a lot easier!

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

c# excell file read issue

1. c# excell file read issue - Similar Threads - excell file read

2. Is it possible to download read-only copies of Word or Excel files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to download read-only copies of Word or Excel files?: I have a 6-month old desktop running Windows 11. I do not want to purchase Word or Excel. I've ran into a problem trying to download information from the Calif. Public Utilities Commission that's in an Excel format. Is there anyway to download a read-only copy or see the...
  3. Is it possible to download read-only copies of Word or Excel files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to download read-only copies of Word or Excel files?: I have a 6-month old desktop running Windows 11. I do not want to purchase Word or Excel. I've ran into a problem trying to download information from the Calif. Public Utilities Commission that's in an Excel format. Is there anyway to download a read-only copy or see the...
  4. Excel issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Excel issue: If i have the same text in cells A1,A2,A3 and different texts in cells B1,B2,B3 ,how can i merge the texts under column B in the same cell B1 to just keep cells A1 and B1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-issue/1939d5ab-2fc9-430b-aa8f-14e00c153138
  5. Excel issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel issue: If i have the same text in cells A1,A2,A3 and different texts in cells B1,B2,B3 ,how can i merge the texts under column B in the same cell B1 to just keep cells A1 and B1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-issue/1939d5ab-2fc9-430b-aa8f-14e00c153138
  6. Read only Excel files on D drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read only Excel files on D drive Windows 10: As far as I know, without my intervention some of my excel files on D drive have become read only, I can edit but cannot save on D drive. but can save to another location eg C drive. The check box in properties is unchecked so why are the files read only.How can I return...
  7. Read only Excel files on D drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read only Excel files on D drive Windows 10: As far as I know, without my intervention some of my excel files on D drive have become read only, I can edit but cannot save on D drive. but can save to another location eg C drive. The check box in properties is unchecked so why are the files read only.How can I return...
  8. Read only Excel files on D drive Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot read file in C:\ProgramData folder.: I have a program which has a small text file in the C:\ProgramData\mfrg\appname folder. The program cannot read the file unless I select "Run as administrator" even though the account has administrator privileges.. I get an error that says the file cannot be located. How...
  10. Excel - read only bug

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel - read only bug: I have recently installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I now find that most of my files are "read only" I have tried to deactivate this in properties for the various folders but it does not work. Other than trying to copy every file that is currently in use what can you suggest...