Windows 10: cab recognized as archive

Discus and support cab recognized as archive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to install update for realtek driver , but the file is not recognized as cab but archive rar even with extension .cab doesn't work . 71067 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Abadhon, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Abadhon Win User

cab recognized as archive

I want to install update for realtek driver , but the file is not recognized as cab but archive rar even with extension .cab doesn't work .

:)

Abadhon, Nov 28, 2016

2. KB3116908 Failed to Install

you can find that KB cab & other archived cabs

Windows 10 Update Archive

Jmarco0921, Nov 28, 2016
  3. scanning

Do you have a large number of archive files on your system--ISO, ZIP, CAB, etc?

Windows Defender by default searches within these archive files

and scans each included file.

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Nov 28, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Here's what the heading to Brink's Realtek driver post Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums looks like:

Note
    Last Updated: November 15th 2016
    DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.7989

(32-bit and 64-bit Windows)

Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog

For how to install: How to Install a CAB File in Windows 10

Notice the link to the item that reads "How to install a CAB file in Windows 10:" it should tell you what you need to know. But in that same thread, following the CAB link, you'll also find a link to RealTek's FTP server with account/password info to download their latest .exe installer instead.

Note
    Last Updated: October 18th 2016
    DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.7960

(32-bit and 64-bit Windows)

Download at: L: ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/Ge..._Win7_WHQL.zip

User name: spcust
    Password: hwwk758z

For how to install:

1. Download .zip file.
    2. Right click on downloaded .zip file and click on Extract All.
    3. Run Setup.exe file in extracted folder to install.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

1. cab recognized as archive - Similar Threads - cab recognized archive

2. Installing update cab file

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing update cab file: Hello, I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did, the answer was an error "could not find or open the file". Renamed the file's name to be a short name, copies it to C folder, always could not...
  3. Problem with archiving emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with archiving emails: I want toarchive emails from gmail address and try to use mailstore home version.12. However, I will get ssl error, and mailstore requires to switch off content filtering. I use Windows 10 and am running AVG...
  4. Windows Mail Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail Archive: Just moved to this app from windows live mail Accidently hit the archive button, where did the email go? I don't see an archive folder... I do notice when I click on, and enter "all mail" the email is now shown, however if I'm in the inbox it isn't. (Wish I could get rid...
  5. Zip Archive file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip Archive file: How do I unzip a Zip Archive file and make it mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-archive-file/b8bf2df8-678c-4836-9416-e7a15d149299"
  6. failed to decompress the archives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    failed to decompress the archives: I try to install epson xp257 and only get failed to decompress the archives. According to epson, they have no problem with the file, it is a common problem with windows 10. How do I solve it....
  7. Unable to change default app for any archive type or any other type which is not recognized...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change default app for any archive type or any other type which is not recognized...: Hello, I am not able to change default app for any archive types like zip, 7Zip in windows 10 after update. Default app for opening even a c++ header file cannot be change to notepad or wordpad. It does not work for .cs files too. I have tried right clicking on file then...
  8. archive

in Browsers and Email
    archive: *cry Please help an old man, i have G-MAIL how do i put my mail to archive, i have been dragging and drop to put in my folders but when i go to them the folder is there but nothing inside , i was told the best thing is archive them , I have an archive icon on my hotmail mail...
  9. Retro games on the Internet Archive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retro games on the Internet Archive: Hard to believe I put oh sooooo many quarters into these things back in the day. Have a look & play what we had back in the 70's & 80's. (Try not to laugh too hard *chuckle) The Internet Archive, a non-profit working to build a library of the Internet, has added over...
  10. Realtek HD audio cab not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD audio cab not installing: Downloaded the cab file from the link in the sticky for 64 bit, downloaded reg file to put install on context menu. Right clicked cab file and clicked install, DISM came back with error 2 file not found. Path too long? Downloaded from realtek.tw and seemed to install ok...