Windows 10: cab recognized as archive

Discus and support cab recognized as archive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to install update for realtek driver , but the file is not recognized as cab but archive rar even with extension .cab doesn't work . 71067 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Abadhon, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Abadhon Win User

cab recognized as archive

I want to install update for realtek driver , but the file is not recognized as cab but archive rar even with extension .cab doesn't work .

:)

Abadhon, Nov 28, 2016

2. KB3116908 Failed to Install

you can find that KB cab & other archived cabs

Windows 10 Update Archive

Jmarco0921, Nov 28, 2016
  3. scanning

Do you have a large number of archive files on your system--ISO, ZIP, CAB, etc?

Windows Defender by default searches within these archive files

and scans each included file.

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Nov 28, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Here's what the heading to Brink's Realtek driver post Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums looks like:

Note
    Last Updated: November 15th 2016
    DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.7989

(32-bit and 64-bit Windows)

Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog

For how to install: How to Install a CAB File in Windows 10

Notice the link to the item that reads "How to install a CAB file in Windows 10:" it should tell you what you need to know. But in that same thread, following the CAB link, you'll also find a link to RealTek's FTP server with account/password info to download their latest .exe installer instead.

Note
    Last Updated: October 18th 2016
    DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.7960

(32-bit and 64-bit Windows)

Download at: L: ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/Ge..._Win7_WHQL.zip

User name: spcust
    Password: hwwk758z

For how to install:

1. Download .zip file.
    2. Right click on downloaded .zip file and click on Extract All.
    3. Run Setup.exe file in extracted folder to install.

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

1. cab recognized as archive - Similar Threads - cab recognized archive

2. DirectX installing CAB file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX installing CAB file: Hello. My name is Nicat. When I want to open and download directX dxwebsetup.exe then i recive a pop up.How i can fix this problem? I found the directX packaxe and i will opened it and extrat it. But i can't fix this. Extract- "C: > New > DirectX...
  3. ,cab file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ,cab file: need to install a .cab file for an older printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-file/5e3b9f70-41a5-4288-9bf1-298ccd4b0e80
  4. Archive the backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Archive the backup: I wish to reinitialize my Back-Up, external USB 3, drive. For now, I don't want to lose any of the old backup sets, win 7. What would be the best Procedure? Burning to optical, copying to another removable media, ??? ?...
  5. Data1.cab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data1.cab: I just got a new Thinkpad with Windows 10. It is missing Data1.cab file which Turbo Tax needs. Where can I get a download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data1cab/c4e6cf97-996c-4c58-a827-fed8d369a634
  6. Hope I cab do this . . .

in Cortana
    Hope I cab do this . . .: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro. I had so many, icons on my taskbar. I couldn't, see them all together. So I went to, taskbar settings. And, changed them to small icons. Now, the icons fit just fine. But, one thing I don't like. The search bar,...
  7. Enable Archive

in Browsers and Email
    Enable Archive: Windows 10 home;Version 1909.I have two email addresses but only one has the archive selection, meaning that if I get an email in the one with no archive,I have to forward it to the other to be able to archive.Is there any way to enable archive in the other one? 156709
  8. *.cab files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    *.cab files: Hi, Is it safe to delete those files? Same dating from 2009. Best regards. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cab-files/7767cf26-5992-42bf-b29a-ac3a4a144362
  9. Installing update cab file

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing update cab file: Hello, I am trying to install an update in .cab format, "KB4519337". Searched the net how to install such update, and whatever I did, the answer was an error "could not find or open the file". Renamed the file's name to be a short name, copies it to C folder, always could not...
  10. archive

in Browsers and Email
    archive: *cry Please help an old man, i have G-MAIL how do i put my mail to archive, i have been dragging and drop to put in my folders but when i go to them the folder is there but nothing inside , i was told the best thing is archive them , I have an archive icon on my hotmail mail...