Windows 10: Calculator app attaches to Computer icon on taskbar (see screenshot)

Discus and support Calculator app attaches to Computer icon on taskbar (see screenshot) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open the calculator app, for some reason it associates with the Computer icon on the task bar instead of the calculator app's own icon. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THX1138, Jun 18, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Calculator app attaches to Computer icon on taskbar (see screenshot)

When I open the calculator app, for some reason it associates with the Computer icon on the task bar instead of the calculator app's own icon. Why?

Calculator app attaches to Computer icon on taskbar (see screenshot) [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Jun 18, 2017

2. Calculator Icon invisible on Taskbar

For years I have had Calculator pinned to the taskbar.

Suddenly the icon has become invisible and there is just a space on the taskbar where the icon should be.

I can start the calculator by clicking on the empty space but it is strange that the icon itself has apparently disappeared.

The attached screenshots show the problem.

Hairy Scot, Jun 18, 2017
  3. One of my login users lost Win 10 icon app

OT: Window start menu and Taskbar

Hi, there I have some problems with one of my users. I don't see icons on taskbar while I was running it? All app include Setting app, Store app (Calculator, Alarm, Weather,...) is still running well but missing icon from both Start menu and Taskbar.

It just happened with only one important user on my computer.

Please help me with this problem!!

PhuongNguyen96, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Not sure but, it might be a Start 10 thing!
    I've had a glitch or two like that; something to do with Start 10 creating it's own Win32 based App shortcuts.
    I don't think I ever investigated it though, it just went away.

Edwin, Jun 18, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    I solved the issue by removing and replacing the icons but I found that the black icon in the below screenshot causes the problem while the white icon does not.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calculator app attaches to Computer icon on taskbar (see screenshot) - Similar Threads - Calculator app attaches

2. Some apps in the taskbar have neutral badges see attached screenshots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some apps in the taskbar have neutral badges see attached screenshots: Some apps in the taskbar have neutral badges see attached screenshotsWhen I change the combine taskbar setting to "when the taskbar is full" - the badges reaper.Any clues how to resolve...
  3. Some apps in the taskbar have neutral badges see attached screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps in the taskbar have neutral badges see attached screenshots: Some apps in the taskbar have neutral badges see attached screenshotsWhen I change the combine taskbar setting to "when the taskbar is full" - the badges reaper.Any clues how to resolve...
  4. Some apps in the taskbar have neutral badges see attached screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.: Hi guys!Read through these forums a lot but this is the first time posting and hopefully last.Recently I installed Diablo 4 and ran into an issue where I would use my second monitor for something while playing, then the screen would go black sans a few random colors from the...
  6. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.: Hi guys!Read through these forums a lot but this is the first time posting and hopefully last.Recently I installed Diablo 4 and ran into an issue where I would use my second monitor for something while playing, then the screen would go black sans a few random colors from the...
  7. Plethora of BSOD's and see screenshot attached.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Couldn't see "Search with a screenshot" icon

in Cortana
    Couldn't see "Search with a screenshot" icon: I found that i didn' t see the "search with screenshot" icon in search box anymore.How can i get this features back or Windows had cancelled it on Win 10 ver 21H1 update 24/06/2021.Thank youuu...
  9. Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank

Latest Calculator App Taskbar Icon Blank: Since the update to the Calculator app v 10.1906.53.0 today, the taskbar icon is now blank - the other apps work OK. Has anyone else noticed this? 138916
  10. Taskbar Icons calculator won't load

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons calculator won't load: Good Day, I have noted that during booting, several times the icons on the taskbar for the calculator and notepads are missing. Their spot on the taskbar is blank. When I click on the blank area it launches the program and then the icon appears and stays there. This is...