Windows 10: Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start

Discus and support Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Day as usual with Windows modern apps, calculator won't start, gets stuck in here: [img] It probably starts working if I restart, or kill some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ciantic, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Ciantic Win User

Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start

Day as usual with Windows modern apps, calculator won't start, gets stuck in here:

Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start [​IMG]

It probably starts working if I restart, or kill some random modern processes (this fixes so many problems, my start menu if it gets stuck, starts working if I kill some modern processes in randomly), but this is really really frustrating.

I personally suspect these modern app problems are to do with C# exception handling, it does not enforce (by design) to catch all exceptions and it has lead to deteriorating of C# apps, some programs are generous to show us the exception but modern apps isn't showing those.

Edit I killed a "Search" process and calculator began to work.

:)

Ciantic, Feb 18, 2016

2. Some Windows Apps not loading

Some of my apps such as the calendar, calculator and windows store will not load. The tiles for these apps on the start screen are grayed out. Is there a way to fix this?

MichaelCoccoQF, Feb 18, 2016
  3. jrowla Win User
    I click on calculator and I get a gray screen.

Original tile: Calculator

I click on calculator and I get a gray screen. Now what?

jrowla, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start

1. Calculator gives a gray screen, won't start - Similar Threads - Calculator gray screen

2. Calculator won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator won't open: When I click on the calculator th image shows up on a blue screen which I've never seen before and then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-wont-open/03fcd8ae-fcbb-404b-a727-cc2471a49fa7
  3. Calculator won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator won't open: When I click on the calculator th image shows up on a blue screen which I've never seen before and then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-wont-open/03fcd8ae-fcbb-404b-a727-cc2471a49fa7
  4. Calculator won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disable gray hint in start screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable gray hint in start screen: Hello, I was wondering if it were possible to disable the gray haze that the start screen has so my tiles look like they're directly on the wallpaper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-gray-hint-in-start-screen/81624f7a-d2de-4820-b0f1-0006141002b2
  6. Calculator gives wrong answer

Calculator gives wrong answer: I type the following into Calculator: 4 x 0.25 + 2 x 0.5 I get the answer: 1.5 This is wrong. The answer should be 2. I have no Feedback Hub to report this....
  7. Calculating in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calculating in the start menu: I remember being able to do basic calculations directly from the windows menu, but I can't get it to work now. is it still possible? Like, i would just press the Windows key, type "2+2" and it would say "4" If the feature is removed, is there any other way to instantly do...
  8. Windows Calculator gives wrong answer

Windows Calculator gives wrong answer: When I use my keyboard to enter a problem the calculator gives the wrong answer. Sometimes it is only off by 5 percent but still off. It is usually off by 30-50 percent. When I use google's calculator I do not have this problem at all. Pls help I require the calculator often...
  9. Calculator won't run

Calculator won't run: Sorry if there is already a thread for this, I couldn't find one... I cannot get the calculator to run, nothing happens. I just upgraded yesterday and it went fine, but this won't work. Maybe it's related to the store hanging? Thanks for any info... Next day: Well now it...
  10. Screen won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen won't start: Nothing is working. The computer is starting up but there is no screen.no keyboread.no mouse. I can't control anything I tried alot of things but it won't work Help plzzz!!!!!!!!! 31966