Windows 10: Calendar and mail app issues

Discus and support Calendar and mail app issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello ! I'm currently trying to set the mail app of W10 to read my Gmail mailbox but after configure, the app doesn't find any elements to show...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dahi, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Dahi Win User

Calendar and mail app issues

Hello !

I'm currently trying to set the mail app of W10 to read my Gmail mailbox but after configure, the app doesn't find any elements to show... Does anyone managed to configure a Gmail account into the mail app of W10 successfully ? Is there something special to do ?

And the second W10 app that doesn't work for me is the calendar one. I can't click on the "New event" button and the only thing i can do is navigate through the weeks/months.

Do i need the Windows Market to be enabled for working apps ?

:)

2. Calendar events missing in App

The reason why there might be due to a sync issue in the Mail and the Calendar app, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in the article below. The article provides the steps in resolving sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Check if there are still missing events.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Marivel Man, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Calendar and mail app issues

How I did my gmail was open Mail
    Go to Settings.
    Then Accounts
    Then Add Account
    Then once added click on gmail settings and it will show change mailbox sync settings
    Once done click Save

hTconeM9user, Oct 27, 2015
  5. Dahi Win User
    Hello hTconeM9user,

That's exactly what i've done but it's not working for me !
    That is what i have in the sync parameters :
    - Incoming Mail Server : imap.gmail.com:993:1
    - Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) : smtp.gmail.com:465:1

6. Cliff S New Member
    Those parameters are correct

Calendar and mail app issues [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Are you clicking the hamburger icon to expand the view, also then click "more" for more folder choices.

With the calendar try clicking the date and see if an option for new event appears.

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  8. Dahi Win User

Hello, thank you for the help !

I can't click on the "+ New event" button (nothing happens) neither i can open the window by clicking a date. Nothing happens.
    I have Windows Market disabled, i'll try to reactivate it. Maybe something about firewalls ?

9. Cliff S New Member
    I don't believe it has to do with the firewall(but a good trouble shooter tries what ever comes to mind*Smile)
    Do you have these setting in the settings app set like mine?

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  10. Dahi Win User
    Well thought !

I desactivated all those settings when i upgraded to W10. Activated those settings and now everything works perfectly !

Thank you Cliff S, problem solved.

11. Cliff S New Member
    Glad I could help*Smile You are very welcome!

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calendar and mail app issues - Similar Threads - Calendar mail app

2. Mail/Calendar App !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail/Calendar App !: Although I have reported this before the problem is still there! I have used the Mail/Calendar app for a long time now and think it's great when it's working OK!!! At least once a week I either have to reset it, uninstall and put back or remove my email account and put back....
  3. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.: Since upgrading to Windows 11, Mail and Calendar are not working correctly. I have problems sending email from any of my 3 accounts - it gets hung up in Outbox. Creating a new email, it creates about 4 'drafts' that I have to manually delete.I have 'repaired' Mail account...
  4. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues.: Since upgrading to Windows 11, Mail and Calendar are not working correctly. I have problems sending email from any of my 3 accounts - it gets hung up in Outbox. Creating a new email, it creates about 4 'drafts' that I have to manually delete.I have 'repaired' Mail account...
  5. Mail and Calendar app issue

Mail and Calendar app issue: Something about my luck with MS answers. They never seem to work for me on mine. Mail & Calendar always worked. Then one day I clicked on it, it opened, and almost immediately it disappeared. I read up on solutions and I've RESET it. UNINSTALLED it. Tried to reinstall it from...
  6. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  7. Mail and calendar App

Mail and calendar App: My mail app will not work. I have tried pretty much everything I can find online to get it working again. Any ideas? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-and-calendar-app/e50f6c3c-83f0-494e-949c-3977104adf56
  8. Calendar and Mail app

Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  9. Mail & Calendar Issues

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar Issues: Hello, I usually help my elderly mother out when she has problems with her computer but this time I have no clue what could be going on here. She can't get her MAIL or CALENDAR programs to work. If you click on the icon, nothing happens at all. I tried everything I could...
  10. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744