Windows 10: Calendar and Mail

Discus and support Calendar and Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The calendar and mail apps that came with Windows 10 on my main PC is non-functional, I cannot enter events in the calendar and I cannot receive or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TeknoBug, Oct 12, 2015.

1. TeknoBug Win User

Calendar and Mail

The calendar and mail apps that came with Windows 10 on my main PC is non-functional, I cannot enter events in the calendar and I cannot receive or send emails in the mail app. I uninstalled them via Powershell and reinstalled them via the Windows store and still the same result. The two apps work perfectly fine on my laptop, tablet and other PC. Are there regedit or other ways to fix this? I know it's a fairly common problem for some people.

:)

TeknoBug, Oct 12, 2015
  2. MTRCSJ Win User

Update/sync live mail calendar

How can I sync/update my Live Mail Calendar with the entries I made in the Windows 10 Mail calendar app? The Windows 10 Mail calendar does not have the option to print the monthly calendar that the Live Mail Calendar has, so I want to sync both. The
    email is the same in both. The mail syncs but not the calendar.

MTRCSJ, Oct 12, 2015
  3. MTRCSJ Win User
    Update Live Mail Calendar

How can I sync/update my Live Mail Calendar with the entries I made in the Windows 10 Mail calendar app? The Windows 10 Mail calendar does not have the option to print the monthly calendar that the Live Mail Calendar has, so I want to sync both.

MTRCSJ, Oct 12, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Calendar and Mail

Hi, suggest maybe:
    Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Launch an elevated Command Prompt
    Run these commands:

• SFC /scanNow
      if this reports any integrity errors, post a screen shot.
      Then run the next command
    • Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      if this reports any integrity errors, post a screen shot.

(These will take some time to run).

dalchina, Oct 12, 2015
  5. TeknoBug Win User
    Calendar and Mail [​IMG]

Doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

TeknoBug, Oct 13, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 13, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    I noted the email account doesn't have to be a Google account for Calendar to work- any account will do for that.
    One article seems to focus on Google too much.

dalchina, Oct 13, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

Calendar and Mail

One more thought- how have you logged in- with a live account (MS account with email address) or as a local user?

dalchina, Oct 13, 2015
  9. TeknoBug Win User
    Using a Live email account also tried with Google account as well. Like I said it works on my other devices. Windows however is local account (on all my devices).

TeknoBug, Oct 13, 2015
  10. dalchina New Member
    Ok, assuming you've researched this and sought solutions, some users have experienced weird effects associated with 3rd party shell extensions. Try Nirsoft's shellexview, and start by hiding all MS entries (as you don't want to disable these!) and then disable all others, and see if that has any effect. (No need to log off or shut down).

If no change, enable all again- and then you need another way forward.

Otherwise use a 'binary chop' approach to identify offending extensions:

Click on options and then tick "Hide all Microsoft Extensions". That should get rid of most. (Pink just means not Microsoft btw).

Calendar and Mail [​IMG]

Then select all, right click and disable. See if the problem is fixed. If so then enable them one by one (or half at a time if you've lots) until you find the one causing the issue.

Calendar and Mail [​IMG]

If no joy, check what happens with a clean boot (disable all startups).

dalchina, Oct 13, 2015
  11. TeknoBug Win User
    Still no go on these solutions.

I basically resorted to using Office 2016's Outlook for now.

TeknoBug, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Calendar and Mail

1. Calendar and Mail - Similar Threads - Calendar Mail

2. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  3. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  4. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mail & Calendar disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail & Calendar disabled: Just turned on my laptop to find that not only has the Mail & Calendar app been disabled but then when I re-install it two of my email accounts have vanished.No sign of my live.com or gmail accounts. No history whatsoever. Oddly my two other accounts, that I was initially...
  6. Mail & Calendar disabled

Mail & Calendar disabled: Just turned on my laptop to find that not only has the Mail & Calendar app been disabled but then when I re-install it two of my email accounts have vanished.No sign of my live.com or gmail accounts. No history whatsoever. Oddly my two other accounts, that I was initially...
  7. Mail & Calendar disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...: Good day folks,Having the following issue and it would be helpful to have an actual MVP/moderator who will not reply once then leave.. Have had that happen on multiple other posts where an "MVP" would post a couple of steps then disappear never to be heard from again when the...
  9. Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...

Windows 11 - Mail and Calendar App Issues - Need an actual MVP who will not reply once then...: Good day folks,Having the following issue and it would be helpful to have an actual MVP/moderator who will not reply once then leave.. Have had that happen on multiple other posts where an "MVP" would post a couple of steps then disappear never to be heard from again when the...
  10. Mail and Calendar/paint not on All apps list, when I see it on default apps and open it it...

Mail and Calendar/paint not on All apps list, when I see it on default apps and open it it...: I am missing a bunch of apps, like Paint and Mail is missing. When to the Microsoft Store app or the Mircosoft store in the browser it saysit is installed. I can't even take a screenshot to show as like I mentioned the Paint app is missing. I would just like it so I can click...