Windows 10: Calendar from Taskbar will not open

Discus and support Calendar from Taskbar will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,My calendar when clicking on the the clock in the bottom right of my screen will not open. Trying to figure out what the issue is, but reading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cchilton764, May 20, 2024.

1. Calendar from Taskbar will not open

Hello,My calendar when clicking on the the clock in the bottom right of my screen will not open. Trying to figure out what the issue is, but reading through some other posts regarding this same issue did not yield any successful results. I am on Windows 11 and what I have tried so far is restarting Windows Explorer, installing the Mail and Calendar App from the Microsoft store, and the general restart computer.Any other solutions?

:)

cchilton764, May 20, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Calendar from Taskbar will not open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 20, 2024
  3. WINDOWS 11 - Doesn't show my calendar on TaskBar

Dear Community Member,

I understand that you've been facing an issue with the calendar not displaying when you click on the time in the taskbar on Windows 11. This can indeed be frustrating, especially if you rely on the calendar for your work. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue:

1. Restart the Windows Explorer process:
      • Right-click on the taskbar and select "Task Manager" from the context menu.
      • In the "Processes" tab, locate "Windows Explorer" and right-click on it.
      • Choose "Restart" from the menu.
      • Wait for the taskbar and desktop to refresh, then check if the calendar now appears when you click on the time.
    2. Check the taskbar settings:
      • Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar and select "Taskbar settings."
      • In the settings window, scroll down to the "Notification area" section and click on "Turn system icons on or off."
      • Ensure that the "Calendar" option is set to "On."
      • If it was already enabled, toggle it off and on again, then check if the calendar appears.
    3. Update Windows 11:
      • Make sure you have the latest updates installed for Windows 11.
      • Go to "Settings" by pressing Win + I on your keyboard.
      • Click on "Windows Update" and select "Check for updates."
      • If updates are available, download and install them.
      • After the update process is complete, restart your computer and see if the calendar is now visible.
    4. Create a new user account:
      • Sometimes, issues can be specific to a user account. Creating a new account can help determine if the problem is account-related.
      • Go to "Settings" and click on "Accounts."
      • Select "Family & other users" from the left sidebar.
      • Under "Other users," click on "Add account."
      • Follow the prompts to create a new user account.
    I hope one of these suggestions helps you resolve the calendar display issue on your Windows 11 system. Let us know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with.

mariyanzish, May 20, 2024
  4. RoryBarr Win User

Calendar from Taskbar will not open

Mail and Calendar will not open

Hi, I'm having the same issue, neither mail nor calendar open. I've uninstalled, ran the troubleshooter, done all the steps you suggested and still nothing! Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Rory

RoryBarr, May 20, 2024
Thema:

Calendar from Taskbar will not open

1. Calendar from Taskbar will not open - Similar Threads - Calendar Taskbar open

2. Calendar from Taskbar will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar from Taskbar will not open: Hello,My calendar when clicking on the the clock in the bottom right of my screen will not open. Trying to figure out what the issue is, but reading through some other posts regarding this same issue did not yield any successful results. I am on Windows 11 and what I have...
  3. Windows 11 - Taskbar notifications/Calendar not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Taskbar notifications/Calendar not opening: Hello,I'm not sure if it was a recent update or there is something corrupt with my system somewhere, but randomly one day last week the bottom right section of my task bar where you can access your system notifications as well as the small calendar suddenly stopped working....
  4. Calendar not popping up from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar not popping up from taskbar: I use multiple displays and the calendar and clock only pop up from my laptop, not on my secondary main monitor. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-not-popping-up-from-taskbar/3bacef70-1bef-44ff-bc6f-709b493b551b
  5. Calendar not popping up from taskbar

Calendar not popping up from taskbar: I use multiple displays and the calendar and clock only pop up from my laptop, not on my secondary main monitor. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-not-popping-up-from-taskbar/3bacef70-1bef-44ff-bc6f-709b493b551b
  6. Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open: I know this is a duplicate question, however no solution on any other forum I have seen has helped me.When I click on the calendar widget on the bottom right of my taskbar, I get a loading circle for ~1 second and then nothing happens. The calendar does not open.What I have...
  7. Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open

Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open: I know this is a duplicate question, however no solution on any other forum I have seen has helped me.When I click on the calendar widget on the bottom right of my taskbar, I get a loading circle for ~1 second and then nothing happens. The calendar does not open.What I have...
  8. Calendar Widget on Taskbar does not open

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. When I open Calendar from Taskbar, events are not displaying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I open Calendar from Taskbar, events are not displaying: The events are not showing in the Calendar when I open it from the Taskbar. But they are shown in the calendar app. This behaviour makes problems and I want to fix it....
  10. Taskbar calendar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar calendar: I have installed the 11/2019 Windows Update (1909). Why don't I have the "add event" dialog box in the taskbar calendar feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-calendar/1ca0f4c9-77f5-46ff-a62f-57d3de6f2c97