Windows 10: Calendar has been corrupted

Discus and support Calendar has been corrupted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Following the November update (not necessarily caused by it) my Desktop calendar has become drastically corrupted. Among the symptoms are: it closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Dec 2, 2015.

1. clayto Win User

Calendar has been corrupted

Following the November update (not necessarily caused by it) my Desktop calendar has become drastically corrupted. Among the symptoms are: it closes frequently, it will not let me edit or delete entries, it has replicated past entries in large numbers which I am not able to delete, most options / settings are unavailable ------ in short it is a useless mess.

I wanted to uninstall and re-install, something which often sorts a failing app out ---- but uninstall is not available. Except that it can be done (I have read) via CCleaner. Unfortunately, (a) it is displayed as Mail and Calendar, and I do not want to uninstall Mail (b) I do not know if I am able to uninstall Calendar, will I be able to re-install it?

Any ideas?

:)

clayto, Dec 2, 2015

2. Nokia Here Transport database has been corrupted in Budapest

Hey guys, sorry to disappoint you, but the Navreq Map Reporter won't be of much help here in this case. The Map Reporter provides users the option to report map inaccuracies (outdated road names, new or changed streets etc.). It doesn't help in this kind
    of situation as this problem has nothing to do with the map data base in question.

The data bases in HERE Transit are usually provided by the local Public Transport agencies. I think, HERE Transit team is already aware of the issue.

c_laudia---01, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Nokia Here Transport database has been corrupted in Budapest

Ok, I am going to report the bug for them, too.*

Just a silent note: I've bought a Nokia device and I've installed a Nokia branded application. Why should I know anything about the backend infrastructure of this application?

*: it's just been tried: I have no mapreporter account and I could not create ticket by my new Map Creator account.

Naszta---01, Dec 2, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Have a look at the following tutorial. It has a method for uninstalling the Mail and Calendar app. You can later reinstall via the Store app.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

It will uninstall the Mail but you can simply add your accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 2, 2015
  5. clayto Win User
    Thanks! I will give that a go.

clayto, Dec 2, 2015
  6. clayto Win User
    I was just about to start on this when my paper magazine Computer Active arrived, It has major article on a new utility, Fix Win 10, so I installed that first. One option is 'Re-register Store Apps'. Calendar now works OK!*Biggrin

clayto, Dec 3, 2015
  7. clayto Win User
    Oh, dear. Calendar is now corrupt again but worse, a half dozen major apps have become un-launchable or disappeared after using app re-registration in FixWin, including Store itself, People, Camera, Photos, Groove.

clayto, Dec 4, 2015
  8. philc43 Win User

Hi clayto,

Sorry this has come back again. I do not know anything about the FixWin app so cannot comment on whether it has done the job properly or made things worse.

I can point you to the tutorials on here which show you how to do things without the use of 3rd party software.

This is one you should work through:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...0-a.html?ltr=A

philc43, Dec 4, 2015
  9. philc43 Win User
    Just another thought - in case other settings were messed up by FixWin can you go back in time with a system restore point to a time before you ran the repair and start again with the method as described in the tutorial? I'm not sure if you have system restore set up but again there is a tutorial on this here:
    System Restore Windows 10

philc43, Dec 4, 2015
  10. clayto Win User
    I have tried all four restore points I have, with little effect.

clayto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calendar has been corrupted - Similar Threads - Calendar has been

2. has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?: has Windows 10 calendar no opening problem been resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-windows-10-calendar-problem-been-resolved/e2af7238-b725-4c33-aa6a-c09fafb0544f
  3. has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?: has Windows 10 calendar no opening problem been resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-windows-10-calendar-problem-been-resolved/e2af7238-b725-4c33-aa6a-c09fafb0544f
  4. Windows Mail & Calendar Corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail & Calendar Corrupted: Some, not all, of my emails are appearing with the body of the email showing up in computer coding but the header is being displayed just fine. Also graphics in those affected emails are not displayed. I've gone into Apps & features, selected the mail app, clicked advanced...
  5. My email address has been corrupted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My email address has been corrupted: People are receiving emails from my email address allegedly from DVLA, to pay driving licence. Is there anything you can do to help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-email-address-has-been-corrupted/87888a50-ebed-4005-bf4f-de010d48b511
  6. windows 10 has been corrupt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 has been corrupt: so it actually started 4 or 5 years ago when my speakers stopped working and i installed new drivers for it. the database got corrupt and i have talked to both the manufacture of the product and Microsoft them self. Everyone blamed each other the manufacture said it was...
  7. The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

in Windows 10 News
    The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive an error message The Task image is corrupt or has been tampered with error code 0x80041321, then its related to a corrupt scheduled backup task. The problem here is that when the task service plans to execute [...] This post The task image is...
  8. dism the component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism the component store has been corrupted: system32>dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Het onderdeelarchief is beschadigd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-the-component-store-has-been-corrupted/3437e59c-805b-48c0-a52b-bccece6756aa
  9. the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the task image is corrupt or has been tampered with (0x80041321): Trying to make a backup of documents onto my external hard drive and keep getting this Error message, can someone please advise with help on this,...
  10. StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    StartComponentCleanup: The component store has been corrupted: Helllo! I have a problem with 'StartComponentCleanup' Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion:...