Windows 10: Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

Discus and support Calendar, Mail and Store app problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Calendar and Mail app don't work: I click on their icons. Nothing happens. The system is able to launch Store, I have several app updates that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lorenzo004, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

Calendar and Mail app don't work: I click on their icons. Nothing happens.
    The system is able to launch Store, I have several app updates that are pending, but when I try to download them I get an error as response (download seem to work, while installation don't). I tried to clean Store's cache. Nothing changed

Windows 10. Build 1511 10586.218
    Dell XPS 13 9350

:)

lorenzo004, Apr 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 Mail App Live Tile mail count resets itself even if I do not open the mail app

Hmmm...interesting. I just received a Mail and Calendar app update from the Windows Store. It downloaded and installed. Maybe this will fix some of the problems. DavidG_908 - check your Windows Store for Calendar/Mail app update.

DeanLupari, Apr 20, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    calendar and email not openning on a 950

There were/are issues with the Calendar and Mail app release from a few days ago.

There's a new updated app in the store that should fix the problem.

I had the same problem with the older update on my 950.

The latest update fixed the mail and calendar bug for me.

Right now the latest build is 17.6769.40192.0 for the mail and calendar app

G.Ilex, Apr 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

dalchina, Apr 20, 2016
  5. Thank you, but it doesn't work.
    I tried it before.
    The report says: "Troubleshooting coundn't identify the problem".
    And then in detailed information, every issue is 'not present' *Sad

lorenzo

lorenzo004, Apr 20, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Have a look at this tutorial:
    How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...ws-8-10-a.html

davidhk, Apr 20, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hopefully that will work (now), but If that not, or (maybe) breaks some apps typically leaving @signs before them in the start menu, which it was doing for some months until recently- it seems MS has probably fixed it at last, then the next option is an in-place upgrade repair install. (Tutorial section, just search for "in-" and you'll find it).

dalchina, Apr 21, 2016
  8. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

I tried this code (as indicated in your link) in an elevated Windows Power Shell:
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Nothing changed *Sad

lorenzo

lorenzo004, Apr 21, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Well if you want too, you could try the repair windows method. This will repair all your windows files, and not remove any of your personal files or apps. After doing this thou, and you find everything working the way your Windows should. Then please make a Complete Image Backup using a program like Macrium Reflect. If everyone would just make regular backups, it would save them a lot of problems repairing their Windows.....Here is the link for Windows Repair.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Link for Macrium Reflect
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

OldMike65, Apr 21, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Here are my notes on this:
    Precede it with this in case sthg has happened to your file system:

Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)
    chkdsk C: /F
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.

An In-place upgrade repair install will fix many things, but not those where the settings are not changed by the procedure.

For this you need an installation medium with the same base build as you have installed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install
    - Windows.old will be created
    - system restore will be turned off- you should turn it on again and I recommend you manually schedule a daily restore point.
    - you will need to redo any language downloads including the display language if you changed that)
    - inactive title bar colouring (if used) will be reset to default
    This is one of the better features of Win10: as each major build comes out, that's your updated reference build, and as updates are mostly cumulative, there will be few to do.

Recommendation:
    Before you perform this major repair procedure, do create a disk image.

Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended: Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper (free) + their boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Apr 21, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Interesting because this is almost the exact same thing I suggested a while back ....just in longer form....*really

OldMike65, Apr 21, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    ..my post #5 ..*chuckle
    Just thought I'd add the explanation as well. Might be worth getting some of that in the tutorial..

dalchina, Apr 21, 2016
  13. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

Thank you, but I already restored Windows...

lorenzo

lorenzo004, Apr 22, 2016
  14. Thank you all for your efforts, I finally had to restore Windows (keeping the files), because I did launch another string in Powershell (I can't remember which one) and, as a result, all the built-in apps would not open anymore.
    The procedure was simple enough.

lorenzo

lorenzo004, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Calendar, Mail and Store app problems

1. Calendar, Mail and Store app problems - Similar Threads - Calendar Mail Store

2. mail and calendar app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mail and calendar app: I cannot download mail and calendar app from MS Store. I get message there is something wrong, try again, code 0x80070426. Have tried several times over last couple of days with same message....
  3. All Store Apps like Mail, Calendar, Photos and App store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All Store Apps like Mail, Calendar, Photos and App store: Hi, I am experiencing an issue on every app that i try to open which came with windows "There’s a problem with OneNoteAll Apps. Reinstall the application from its original install location or contact your administrator". I can only run Third Party applications like chrome for...
  4. Mail and Calendar app. problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app. problem: Q. Will the Mail and Calendar app run on Windows 10 pro Insider preview build 18334? I can't get the app to install. Thanks! 127026
  5. Calendar and Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar and Mail app: Mail app stopped working. Hotmail email was fine but linked gmail refused to sync. Could not access "manage accounts" - nothing happened when clicking on account names for either hotmail or gmail. Tried resetting the app as suggested in help but now cant even open the...
  6. Problems with Mail and Calendar App

Problems with Mail and Calendar App: I cannot access my email. Have gone to the Settings and the App permissions for Email is set to Off and is grayed out so I cannot change it. I have reset the App multiple times but it did not help the problem....
  7. Problem with mail and calendar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with mail and calendar: I’ve updated my Surface laptop to April 2018 Windows 10 update. Now my email and calendar don’t function so smoothly as before this update. How can I solve it out?...
  8. Mail & Calendar App

in Browsers and Email
    Mail & Calendar App: By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated. [img] 42744
  9. Problems with Mail & Calendar App

Problems with Mail & Calendar App: We have been using the Mail & Calendar app for our users on LINX1010 devices, the email address's are setup through exchange and work fine when I send the devices out. However I am getting a number of users calling me to say there is a problem with the app and that they're...
  10. Mail & Calendar App Update Now In Store

Mail & Calendar App Update Now In Store: New Mail & Calendar App Update Ready in Store Version 17.6568. 46331.0 Just done mine and downloaded and installed ok 44385