Windows 10: Calendar Problem

Discus and support Calendar Problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Microsoft Calendar App on my Windows 10 desktop does not work. I use a single click to open an app, so click on the app and the Calendar opens,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wdrs, Jul 31, 2015.

1. wdrs Win User

Calendar Problem

The Microsoft Calendar App on my Windows 10 desktop does not work.
    I use a single click to open an app, so click on the app and the Calendar opens, populates itself with my entries, and then closes before I have the chance to read the calendar and I cannot make any new entries in the app, but instead have to make the entries in my Windows Lumia Phone (8.1 version).
    I can circumvent the problem using the excellent third party app One Calendar, which works properly and opens and stays open, for new entries or reading of existing entries, but that does not excuse the failure of the Microsoft Calendar App.

:)

2. How to sync an alternate calendar instead of the default calendar

Hi,

I recently converted to an OMNIA phone. WIth my previous NOKIA phone, I can program the syncing of the calendar to sync with my (which is the one in office live) that I use as my default rather than the default calendar provided by my ISP.
    IN other words, I can choose a calendar to sync with the phone. Now that is convenient. Thing is, with windows mobile, I can't figure out how to do this. I want to use my and sync it with my phone rather than the one in my outlook. Is
    this possible and how do you do it? If not, then I guess this calls for a software upgrade.

alternate calendar, Jul 31, 2015
  3. After upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10, none of my calendar appointments transferred over.

Problem solved. I successfully returned to Windows 8.1.

Miss Calendar, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Calendar Problem

You are not the only one, let's see if we both can get help*Smile

After the upgrade on my Windows 8 machine it worked long enough to set it up, but after a few reboots it now crashes on opening. On my Win7 to Win10 machine it works great. I have tried all these:

1. Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

2. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\Sources\Install.esd (USB from windows 10 install media tool)

3. wsreset

4. Get-appxprovisionedpackage–online|where-object {$_.packagename –like“*windowscommunicationsapps*”} |remove-appxprovisionedpackage–online

Code: Description Faulting application name: HxCalendarAppImm.exe, version: 16.0.6020.4201, time stamp: 0x55ae0e40 Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16397, time stamp: 0x55af16e7 Exception code: 0xc000027b Fault offset: 0x00000000004833ea Faulting process id: 0xd04 Faulting application start time: 0x01d0cbfc4eeb3a87 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6020.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxCalendarAppImm.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll Report Id: 52e2690e-4387-4c8d-96d8-bb0377d8f5cf Faulting package full name: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6020.42011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windowslive.calendar[/quote]

Cliff S, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Hey @wdrs,

I was messing around(learning) the settings in Mail app, which is/was working, and made some changes to the following(in window shots) and now Calendar, which is intertwined with Mail, stay open and stable:

You might want to try, go to Mail app> settings gear at bottom>Accounts>Change Mailbox sync settings.

Calendar Problem [​IMG]

Calendar Problem [​IMG]

Also I made changes to the following in Options:

Calendar Problem [​IMG]

All the geek stuff didn't work for me, but digging deeper in the app settings did*Smile.
    Hope this helps you too.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Calendar Problem

1. Calendar Problem - Similar Threads - Calendar Problem

2. Windows 11 mouse problem with hover over volume, calendar, pictures, pdf files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse problem with hover over volume, calendar, pictures, pdf files.: Hi,The problem I've got is with my mouse when I move it over the volume bar and starts decrease the volume or check the calendar and starts moving it up words or pdf files scrolling down or to the left and many similar things. I tied other ports, other mouse even wired one,...
  3. Windows 11 mouse problem with hover over volume, calendar, pictures, pdf files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 mouse problem with hover over volume, calendar, pictures, pdf files.: Hi,The problem I've got is with my mouse when I move it over the volume bar and starts decrease the volume or check the calendar and starts moving it up words or pdf files scrolling down or to the left and many similar things. I tied other ports, other mouse even wired one,...
  4. Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?: When you right click on the calendar icon and try to select More and then select Open file location those options are no longer there. This option was removed in a recent update and no long works to add Calendar to my startup. Has this been fixed?...
  5. Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?

Has Microsoft fixed the problem with adding "Calendar" to the startup sequence?: When you right click on the calendar icon and try to select More and then select Open file location those options are no longer there. This option was removed in a recent update and no long works to add Calendar to my startup. Has this been fixed?...
  6. has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?: has Windows 10 calendar no opening problem been resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-windows-10-calendar-problem-been-resolved/e2af7238-b725-4c33-aa6a-c09fafb0544f
  7. has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?

has Windows 10 calendar problem been resolved?: has Windows 10 calendar no opening problem been resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-windows-10-calendar-problem-been-resolved/e2af7238-b725-4c33-aa6a-c09fafb0544f
  8. Problem with Windows 11 bundled calendar software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Windows 11 bundled calendar software: I have a new PC running Windows 11. I've been using the bundled calendar, but today when I hit the icon for calendar, it flashes up the start up screen for calendar but immediately goes back to the theme screen. Any ides why this will not start?...
  9. Problem with Windows 11 bundled calendar software

Problem with Windows 11 bundled calendar software: I have a new PC running Windows 11. I've been using the bundled calendar, but today when I hit the icon for calendar, it flashes up the start up screen for calendar but immediately goes back to the theme screen. Any ides why this will not start?...
  10. Problem accessing webcal calendar via Windows 11 Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem accessing webcal calendar via Windows 11 Calendar app: Hi, have email hosted in Google Workspace and configured access to email. contacts and calendar in the relevant Windows 11 Mail, Contacts and Calendar apps. Have added a webcal to my Google calendar to access Tripcase travel but it is not showing as an option to access under...