Windows 10: Calendar

Discus and support Calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a mouse not my finger. When I get close to the time/date on the task bar, a large calendar opens, taking up 1/4 of the screen. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by doncole, Dec 22, 2016.

1. doncole Win User

Calendar

I use a mouse not my finger.

When I get close to the time/date on the task bar, a large calendar opens, taking up 1/4 of the screen.

Sometimes clicking what I'm working on (in full screen) doesn't close the calendar.
    I have to minimize my work, say MSExcel, and click on a blank area of the desktop to close the calendar.

I really don't care why.

What I would really like to do is stop the calendar from popping up at all.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Dec 22, 2016

2. How to sync an alternate calendar instead of the default calendar

Hi,

I recently converted to an OMNIA phone. WIth my previous NOKIA phone, I can program the syncing of the calendar to sync with my (which is the one in office live) that I use as my default rather than the default calendar provided by my ISP.
    IN other words, I can choose a calendar to sync with the phone. Now that is convenient. Thing is, with windows mobile, I can't figure out how to do this. I want to use my and sync it with my phone rather than the one in my outlook. Is
    this possible and how do you do it? If not, then I guess this calls for a software upgrade.

alternate calendar, Dec 22, 2016
  3. After upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10, none of my calendar appointments transferred over.

Problem solved. I successfully returned to Windows 8.1.

Miss Calendar, Dec 22, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Calendar

Strange, my pops up only when I click on the clock.
    Maybe you can switch to old style Calendar with this registry change:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell]
    "UseWin32TrayClockExperience"=dword:00000001

CountMike, Dec 22, 2016
Thema:

Calendar

1. Calendar - Similar Threads - Calendar

2. Issues with Microsoft Calendar "Notes", HELPPPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Microsoft Calendar "Notes", HELPPPP: Issues with Microsoft Calendar "Notes", HELPPPPPP!!I set up a reoccurring meeting utilizing my laptop, within each day on the daily calendar item "notes" section I make daily notes using my Microsoft app on my phone. I always refer to the daily notes of the previous day to...
  3. Issues with Microsoft Calendar "Notes", HELPPPP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Microsoft Calendar "Notes", HELPPPP: Issues with Microsoft Calendar "Notes", HELPPPPPP!!I set up a reoccurring meeting utilizing my laptop, within each day on the daily calendar item "notes" section I make daily notes using my Microsoft app on my phone. I always refer to the daily notes of the previous day to...
  4. Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!: This calendar makes no sense. Today is Wednesday 20th March 2024 yet the calendar clearly doesn't know what month or day we are in.Plus why are the first 2 weeks greyed out?One Calendar knows what day and date it is, so what on earth is wrong with Windows as usual...
  5. Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!

Windows 11 Pro Calendar not working correctly!!: This calendar makes no sense. Today is Wednesday 20th March 2024 yet the calendar clearly doesn't know what month or day we are in.Plus why are the first 2 weeks greyed out?...
  6. Why have the calendar category colors changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have the calendar category colors changed?: Today when I opened my calendar, the category colors were all changed. They are muted and look very nice - however I can't tell the difference between categories. There used to be a yellow that is now a muted tan, which looks very close to what used to be brown and orange. If...
  7. Why have the calendar category colors changed?

Why have the calendar category colors changed?: Today when I opened my calendar, the category colors were all changed. They are muted and look very nice - however I can't tell the difference between categories. There used to be a yellow that is now a muted tan, which looks very close to what used to be brown and orange. If...
  8. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  9. Missing Mail & Calendar app

Missing Mail & Calendar app: Hi all, Broken record here again to vent my spleen.Yet again I have discovered on turning on my laptop, that my mail app has been disabled, nay vanished, and replaced with the wonderous new Outlook. Needless to say I hunted around to find my 'missing 'missing' mail app and...
  10. Missing Mail & Calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization