Windows 10: Calibrate Game Controller in Windows 10

Discus and support Calibrate Game Controller in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Calibrate Game Controller in Windows 10 How to Calibrate a Game Controller in Windows 10 If your game controller is not functioning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Calibrate Game Controller in Windows 10

How to: Calibrate Game Controller in Windows 10

How to Calibrate a Game Controller in Windows 10

If your game controller is not functioning properly in Windows 10, then it may need to be calibrated to make sure that the axes are accurate.

This tutorial will show you how to calibrate a game controller in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    EXAMPLE: Xbox One controller

Calibrate Game Controller in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Reset Game Controller Calibration to Default
    1. Connect the game controller you want to reset calibration to default for.

2. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Devices and Printers icon.

3. Under Devices, right click or press and hold on your game controller's icon, and click/tap on Game controller settings. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Settings tab, click/tap on the Reset to default button, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. You can now close the Devices and Printers window if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Calibrate Game Controller
    1. Connect the game controller you want to calibration.

2. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Devices and Printers icon.

3. Under Devices, right click or press and hold on your game controller's icon, and click/tap on Game controller settings. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Properties. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Settings tab, and click/tap on the Calibrate button. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

7. Leave the D-Pad (left thumbstick) centered on your game controller, and press a button on the controller. (see screenshot below)

8. Move the D-Pad (ex: left thumbstick on Xbox One controller) around all corners, then press a button on the controller. (see screenshot below)

*note You can check the Display raw data box to see axis details.

9. Leave the D-Pad (left thumbstick) centered on your game controller, and press a button on the controller to verify center point. (see screenshot below)

10. Move the Z Axis all the way up and down (ex: left and right trigger button on Xbox One controller), then press a button on the controller. (see screenshots below)

11. Move the X Rotation all the way up and down (ex: left and right on right thumbstick on Xbox One controller), then press a button on the controller. (see screenshots below)

12. Move the Y Rotation all the way up and down (ex: up and down on right thumbstick on Xbox One controller), then press a button on the controller. (see screenshots below)

13. When calibration is complete, click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

14. Test your calibration by moving the thumbsticks and pressing buttons on your game controller. Click/tap on OK when finished. (see screenshot below)

15. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

16. You can now close the Devices and Printers window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 8, 2017

2. BU0836X game controller won't calibrate

After updating from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro my BU0836X game controller cannot be calibrated. It shows up in the list of game controllers but when you click on properties to try and calibrate the device the box says it's a communications device
    and calibrate is grayed out. Furthermore, this device worked fine before I updated to windows 10 pro!! I need this device as part of an experiment I've been working on for the last 5 years and I do not have time for this nonsense. I tried every single "fix"
    I could find not one worked at all. I paid for the updated OS thinking it would be an improvement. Instead it set me back months. What is the problem and how can I fix this?

PaulFischer1, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Game controller setting and calibration utility

Since moving from Window 7 to Windows 10 I can no longer test or calibrate my Saitek X-56 HOTAS. The controllers are listed in the utility but the testing screen comes up blank. Anyone got any ideas?

Steve-Merryman, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Cerawy Win User

Windows calibration resets

I got a problem with my with windows display color calibration. If i play a game, the calibration resets, so i have to make a new one again. Any suggestions?

Solved by doing a calibration with nvidias control panel instead.

Cerawy, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Arul_D Win User
    I need to disable windows calibration in Windows 10

Hello,

• When you say “disable windows calibration” are you referring to Color calibration in windows 10?
    I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Calibrate your display” to know more about color calibration in
    Windows 10. Check if it helps

"Get the best display on your monitor"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Cerawy Win User
    Calibrating my monitor

I cant use windows own calibration tool because it resets everytime i play a game. I was pretty satisfied with the calibration that i did with windows though.

@Cliff S thanks, will try it out.

Cerawy, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Calibrate Game Controller in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Calibrate Game Controller

2. can't calibrate in game controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't calibrate in game controller: Hi, i have a saitek x52, and am trying to calibrate it, but when i look in the game controller menu i don't see a settings tab. so i can't calibrate the stick. i have tried to calibrate it in the software that comes with the driver of it, but there i can't calibrate it, and...
  3. can't calibrate in game controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't calibrate in game controller: Hi, i have a saitek x52, and am trying to calibrate it, but when i look in the game controller menu i don't see a settings tab. so i can't calibrate the stick. i have tried to calibrate it in the software that comes with the driver of it, but there i can't calibrate it, and...
  4. controller calibration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controller calibration: Hii was trying to calibrate my controller but in settings when i go to controller settings i saw this and it's different than any thing i have seen on youtubeplease help me tnx...
  5. controller calibration

controller calibration: Hii was trying to calibrate my controller but in settings when i go to controller settings i saw this and it's different than any thing i have seen on youtubeplease help me tnx...
  6. Windows 10 Game Controller Calibrate + Test menu unable to perform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Game Controller Calibrate + Test menu unable to perform: Hello Microsoft Community,I own a Racing wheel, and I am not able to use the Test panel and calibrate the wheel from the properties section. These things can be accessed when typing in Windows search: joy.cpl where it will show you the controller settings and the calibration...
  7. Windows 10 Game Controller Calibrate + Test menu unable to perform

Windows 10 Game Controller Calibrate + Test menu unable to perform: Hello Microsoft Community,I own a Racing wheel, and I am not able to use the Test panel and calibrate the wheel from the properties section. These things can be accessed when typing in Windows search: joy.cpl where it will show you the controller settings and the calibration...
  8. Game Controller calibration issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Controller calibration issues: Right now I am using my Gamecube controller with my adapter. I was trying to set up my input display and I noticed that my trigger buttons trigger the C stick (right stick). I decided to take a look at the controller settings and, as I said, there is something wrong with the...
  9. BU0836X game controller won't calibrate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BU0836X game controller won't calibrate: After updating from Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro my BU0836X game controller cannot be calibrated. It shows up in the list of game controllers but when you click on properties to try and calibrate the device the box says it's a communications device and calibrate is...
  10. Controller calibration problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller calibration problem: Hello Forum! My problem is with a Flysky Tm912 flight simulator controller. I have been using a Dynum, which is also a usb interface controller. Well, the Dynum took a crap on me... So I ordered the Tm912 which said worked with the same stuff the Dynum did. It isn't. I got it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recalibrate game controllers windows 10 NOT SHOWING

2. windows 10 calibrate controller

3. calibrate game controller in windows 10