Windows 10: Calibrating monitor

Discus and support Calibrating monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; What's the best way to calibrate my LG 27ea33 ips panel montiro with nvidias control panel? I have tried adjusting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Cerawy, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Calibrating monitor

What's the best way to calibrate my LG 27ea33 ips panel montiro with nvidias control panel? I have tried adjusting the gamma/brightness/contrast/digitalvibrance but I can't really seem to find a setting that im satisfied with... I have also tried a colormunki smile device but it didn't really seem to make much of a difference really...

:)

Cerawy, Jun 8, 2017

2. Screen brightness issue since 11/17/17 Win 10 update

I found instructions to calibrate a monitor in windows How to calibrate your monitor but the calibration tool is not in the display settings on my computer.

RichardFreilich, Jun 8, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
  4. Calibrating monitor

I used the built-in display calibration program in Windows 10.
    This article explains the process: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/c...tor-windows-10
    First, I set the brightness and contrast on my monitor with it's built-in adjustments so that it looked fairly good to my eyes. Then, I opened Nvidia control panel beside the window for for the calibration program and fine-tuned each setting in Nvidia control panel until the test images looked like the Windows calibrator said they should look in the instructions before each step.

MattMcD488, Jun 9, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    If it's a 1920x1080, then take a look at my post here: Calibrate Monitor in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Read the PDF, from AVSForums thoroughly through first(link is posted.

An alternative set of calibration images to calibrate with: LCD monitor test images

I generally use both, and as you will never get it exact.
    Specially if your monitor doesn't have 100% sRGB color gamut like my 4K BenQ does(my HP 27vx 1080p only has 72%), and you will always have to find the, best for you, acceptable compromise.

Cliff S, Jun 9, 2017
  6. Being annoyed, I finally broke down and grabbed a monitor calibration device by x-rite and now I'm very happy!

svtcontour, Jun 10, 2017
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Good for you!*Thumbs

Just make sure you keep the x-rite calibrated too...
    Colorimeters sensors begin to "drift" after a time.

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2017
  8. Calibrating monitor

Oh I had no idea but I guess that makes sense. The x-rite is after all another device so its now flawless - even though I'm about to go hug the damn thing bc I like it so much LOL. I got the i1 Display Pro because it was on sale and not much more than the cheapest model.

svtcontour, Jun 10, 2017
  9. Cliff S New Member
    A friend calibrated my LG HDTV(LG's are the only ones that don't hide the advanced settings like 2 point & 10 point calibration) using his Datacolor Spyder. But he need to send it in to be recalibrated after a couple of years.

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2017
  10. Cerawy Win User
    I cannot use windows own calibration tool because the settings doesnt stick... they reset everytime I play a game... I was pretty satisfied with my calibration with windows though...
    @Cliff S thanks, will take a look at it...

Cerawy, Jun 10, 2017
  11. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Jun 10, 2017
  12. I only used the Windows tool to view the test images. I tweaked the actual settings in Nvidia Control Panel under Display>Adjust desktop color settings. Make sure to click "Use NVIDIA settings" and adjust the Brightness, Contrast, and Gamma there instead of using the sliders in the Windows calibration tool. Forza 6 doesn't override my settings since I did it this way. Otherwise, it defaults to "Other applications control color settings" which is probably why it is reverting whenever you're opening a game.

MattMcD488, Jun 11, 2017
  13. Cerawy Win User

Calibrating monitor

I followed the 6 steps but they didn't make any difference... I have the default settings on my monitor (70 contrat/100 brightness) and I can't really find a good setting with nvidia... the monitor is either too bright or too dark and sometimes painful for my eyes..

Cerawy, Jun 14, 2017
  14. Cliff S New Member
    I have my settings set so:

I use my GTX1080 on my 1080p monitor, and use Display pilot on my 4K monitor(which also, luckily saves the profile from the 1080p monitor). with display pilot, I have a day time setting for when the sun is out and shining through the window. and I have an Evening setting, for my rooms lighting when it's night or dismal outside. This really avoids eyestrain.

The only way really is going back & forth between brightness(black level) & contrast(white level) repeatedly, as a small change to one, effects the other.
    It's very time consuming, but eventually it's worth it.

I find it a PITA that monitor manufactures, don't include a backlight adjustment, like HDTV's have, and I need to set brightness and contrast for both day and evening*Sad It would make things a little easier, but even when dimming the back light, brightness would need to be adjusted, as it would effect the black levels(shadows and so on).

Cliff S, Jun 14, 2017
  15. larc919 Win User
    Cliff, I don't suppose Display Pilot works with any monitor other than BenQ? The LCD Monitor Test Images setup you mentioned earlier is a bit out of date (last modified 18 May 2008) for my LG 27" 4K at 3840x2160. I can't seem to get good results using it.

larc919, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

Calibrating monitor

1. Calibrating monitor - Similar Threads - Calibrating monitor

2. How to calibrate monitor colors using Win32 API on Lenovo IdeaPad 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to calibrate monitor colors using Win32 API on Lenovo IdeaPad 3: As part of my coursework, I need to develop the following program: A program for calibrating and adjusting monitor settings brightness, contrast, saturation, white balance, black balance, temperature.How to achieve this using Windows API in C++ or C# on Lenovo IdeaPad 3...
  3. How to calibrate monitor colors using Win32 API on Lenovo IdeaPad 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to calibrate monitor colors using Win32 API on Lenovo IdeaPad 3: As part of my coursework, I need to develop the following program: A program for calibrating and adjusting monitor settings brightness, contrast, saturation, white balance, black balance, temperature.How to achieve this using Windows API in C++ or C# on Lenovo IdeaPad 3...
  4. How to calibrate monitor colors using Win32 API on Lenovo IdeaPad 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately

Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately: I have heard from 3 sources, datacolor, a previous question to this site and a constructor, that it is not possible to make and use separate profiles for 2 monitors perhaps attached to a single GPU card.What is the current situation? Do I need to buy 2 cards and will that...
  6. Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately: I have heard from 3 sources, datacolor, a previous question to this site and a constructor, that it is not possible to make and use separate profiles for 2 monitors perhaps attached to a single GPU card.What is the current situation? Do I need to buy 2 cards and will that...
  7. Calibrating Dual monitors Win 10, separately

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Not able to load previous setting for Calibrate Your Monitor properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to load previous setting for Calibrate Your Monitor properly?: Once I manually calibrate Your Monitor with DCCW.exe, those setting do not load properly everytime I restart PC.I would like to know on what cause the problem and how to fix it.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  9. Not able to load previous setting for Calibrate Your Monitor properly?

Not able to load previous setting for Calibrate Your Monitor properly?: Once I manually calibrate Your Monitor with DCCW.exe, those setting do not load properly everytime I restart PC.I would like to know on what cause the problem and how to fix it.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  10. Touch going to wrong monitor, Tablet PC Settings "Calibrate" option also only avail for...

Touch going to wrong monitor, Tablet PC Settings "Calibrate" option also only avail for...: I have the exact issue described and now locked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recognizes-wrong-monitor-for-touch/5017a448-a6d2-446a-a026-e9657722f515The only difference is that this worked for me on Windows 10 and now does not work since...