Windows 10: features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back?

Discus and support features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back? me I would like for them to bring back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Breeze Dorling, Oct 21, 2018.

1. features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back?

what features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back?

me I would like for them to bring back pinball (3d pinball Space Cadet), minesweeper, reversi, tetris?, movie maker, screen savers and maybe old school defrag

features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back? 246aace2-e2bf-4200-9f60-06b26be41bc2?upload=true.jpg

:)

Breeze Dorling, Oct 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Oct 21, 2018
  3. Games keep crashing on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to inform that the games which were working in previous Operating System may or may not work in Windows 10 due to compatibility issues. I suggest you to check for the latest version of the games which are not working, check compatibility
    with Windows 10 and install. If the latest version is not available or if the games are not compatible, suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the game nd save it on your local disk.

• Right click on the setup file of the game and select
      “Properties”.

• Select “Compatibility” Tab.

• Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

• Let the game install and then check thefunctionality.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 21, 2018
  4. features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back?

Play games on win 10, that are from earlier versions of Windows

Thanks for your reply.

It is a compatibility issue

I did find a fix for it. Go to this website and download the app

Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b
    https://www.techspot.com/downloads/downloadnow/6205/?evp=1ade54d254b4697c8a211769abdccd5e&file=

The fixes you suggest won't work.

My apps and features are in Apps in Settings. Not in System in Settings. Plus, my game does not show up in the listing.

My game was out long before the MS Store.

The Developer no longer makes the game and has no updates for it.

Again thanks for your help. Maybe this fix will help some one else

GM

GerryMosby, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back?

1. features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back? - Similar Threads - features such apps

2. Earlier Windows features we would like to permanently have back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Earlier Windows features we would like to permanently have back: I sincerely hope that the good people at Microsoft will look upon this discussion, & grant our wishes listed here, as per the thread title. :- To begin, I would like to see these features permanently re-implemented:Option to enable/disable auto-arrange, & freely arrange icons...
  3. Unable to go back to previous version from 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to go back to previous version from 20H2: I updated to 20H2 two days ago. However, I’m having mic problems, and after trying several methods without success I decided to just get back to my previous build (1909). However, no matter how many times I try it only restarts. I don’t know what else to do at this point....
  4. rolling back to previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rolling back to previous version of windows: I updated windows 10 to the 20h1 updates but there are some issues like loading for too long after pressing the right-click, overheating CPU among others. I had deleted the previous version of windows after updating so is there any way I can roll back without losing the data?...
  5. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  6. what previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back?: what features such as apps or games from previous versions of Windows would u like to see brought back? me I would like for them to bring back pinball (3d pinball Space Cadet), minesweeper, reversi, tetris?, movie maker, screen savers and maybe old school defrag [ATTACH]...
  7. What improvements would you like to see with the Windows 10 mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    What improvements would you like to see with the Windows 10 mail app?: What improvements would you like to see with the Windows 10 mail app? I'm quite liking the Mail app, but here's a couple of things that niggle me: 1. I would like to permanently change the size of the default font. 2. A minor thing, but I prefer the folder view on the...
  8. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...
  9. don't need Windows 10 and would like to go back to my previous Windows

don't need Windows 10 and would like to go back to my previous Windows: Is there anyway to take Windows 10 off my system so I can go back to what I had before which was probably Windows 7. I am having a lot of trouble with Windows 10 and I don't really need it. 52900
  10. What would you like to see in Window 9?

in Windows 10 Support
    What would you like to see in Window 9?: Tell us what you would like to see in Windows 9 For me... A metro/modern UI off switch A real start menu Full Kinect integration so I can control the PC by waving my arms like a mad man. 1307