Windows 10: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

Discus and support Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

How to: Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.

Starting with Control Panel.

This tutorial will show you how to have Power Options in the Win+X Quick Link menu open to Control Panel or Settings for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Power Options in Win+X menu open to Control Panel or Settings

Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a ZIP file for a Control Panel or Settings shortcut depending on what you want Power Options in the Win+X menu to open to.
    Control_Panel-Power_Options.zip

Download

OR

Settings-Power_Options.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file. (see screenshots below)

5. Open a seperate File Explorer window, copy and paste the location below into the address bar, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    *Arrow %LocalAppdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3

6. Drag and drop (copy) the 08 - PowerAndSleep shortcut from the .zip file in step 4 into the Group3 folder in step 5.

7. Click/tap on Replace the file in the destination when prompted. (see screenshot below)

8. Restart explorer to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 4, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10  

Hello Slugger, Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings :)

Here are a few tutorials below to help with some. Let me know if you need one for another item.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
  4. oneLess Win User

If exist a list of shortcuts for default win-x entries
    (like custom [win-x + c] for control panel in 1703)
    would be nice to see it here.

the letters are not underlined in win-x menu.

c

oneLess, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Hawklight Win User

Has anyone been able to figure out a way of doing this yet? Just updated to 1703 and been trying to edit Win+X menu then set a key to be used to open shortcuts in the list but cant seem to find any information on how to do this?

Hawklight, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Fafhrd Win User

When *Start+x to open is used from the keyboard, the menu entries have underlined hotkey shortcuts, but not the Control Panel entry obtained using this tutorial method:

Is there any way to restore the shortcut function in this case? This was 1607,with the P of Panel underlined:

Fafhrd, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Open Power Options from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings - Similar Threads - Open Power Options

2. 'Max Processor State' Setting in 'Control Panel -> Power Options' only affects the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Max Processor State' Setting in 'Control Panel -> Power Options' only affects the...: I'm having Intel i5 12450H processor in my laptop. I want to reduce power consumption of my laptop when it is not requiring the full capacity of the H series processor. So, I tried reducing 'Max Processor State' setting in 'Control Panel' -> 'Hardware and Sound' -> 'Power...
  3. HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HIbernate missing from Control Panel Power Settings: Due to totally broken OEM software I recently had to reinstall Windows. This is Windows 1903, and as I:m going through setting my comptuer up again, I noticed that the Hibernate option was missing in control panel. I don't mean in the Start Menu, I know that by default its...
  4. Control panel power options missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel power options missing: If I go into the power plans menu in control panel and create a power plan, I can only make it off the balanced plan, and it's missing a few advanced options....
  5. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  6. Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10: How to: Open System from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 SIZE=5]How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10[/SIZE] The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  7. Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel and/or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  8. Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel/Programs & Features/Power Options/System do not open: I installed an application "Clone File Checker" and uninstalled that using "iObit Uninstaller" with Power Unistall" option. After that, i am not able to open Control Panel, Programs & Features, Power Options and System from the Start Menu. Clicking on each of these gives an...
  9. Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Network Connections from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings How to Change Network Connections in Win+X to Open from Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common...
  10. Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...