Windows 10: Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10

Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like.

Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default.

The C:\Users\<user name>\Documents folder is included by default in the Documents library.

If you don't need or want the Documents library, then you can remove it from showing in Libraries.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Documents library showing in Libraries for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove the Documents library.

EXAMPLE: Documents library in Libraries

Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you want.

2. To Add Documents library
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Documents_library.reg

Download

3. To Remove Documents library
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .reg file below for your step 4 below.

32-bit_Remove_Documents_library.reg

Download

OR

64-bit_Remove_Documents_library.reg

Download

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If File Explorer is currently open, then close and reopen it to apply.

8. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 3, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Library, Documents listed twice

In Windows Explorer, Library has Documents and others listed. When Document is expanded there are two occurrences of Documents. How do I remove one of them?

DRSteele Calgary, Oct 26, 2019
  4. smacPZ Win User

Remove Music, Pictures, Videos folders from Documents Library?

I'm using Windows 10 and have no use for the Music, Pictures, and Videos folders that appear in the Documents library. I want to remove them, or at the very least hide them from the folder listing. It's very annoying that Windows doesn't want to let you
    do that.

To be clear, I'm not talking about removing them from the explorer left side panel. I want to stop them from showing up in the Documents list. Does anyone know a simple way to do this? Thanks.

smacPZ, Oct 26, 2019
  5. JeremyL Win User
    How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library

I've been using Windows 10 for a few months. In the past month or so, it has started adding %USERPROFILE%\Documents to my Documents library every time I restart. I don't want this to happen.

The folders I want in my Documents library are
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Documents (default)
    %USERPROFILE%\OneDrive\Documents
    C:\Users\Public\Documents

I don't want %USERPROFILE%\Documents in the library because Windows and various applications put folders in there that I hardly ever need to look at (Scanned Documents, Fax, Downloads, etc.) I put my real documents in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Documents (which I created).

For the past month or so, Windows 10 has added %USERPROFILE%\Documents to the Documents library every time I restart, and also made it the default save location. If I remove it from the library, it is added again next time I restart. How do I stop this happening?

JeremyL, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Documents

2. How to Add or Remove folders in a Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove folders in a Library in Windows 10: [ATTACH] To improve and enhance the working experience of users, Windows 10 allows folders from different locations in the Windows Library to be viewed and accessed from a single place. For instance, if you keep some audio/video content on an external [...] This post How to...
  3. How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library: I've been using Windows 10 for a few months. In the past month or so, it has started adding %USERPROFILE%\Documents to my Documents library every time I restart. I don't want this to happen. The folders I want in my Documents library are %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Documents...
  4. Add or Remove Videos Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Videos Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Videos Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Videos Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Saved Pictures, and Videos libraries by default. The...
  5. Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Pictures Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. The C:\Users\<user...
  6. Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Music Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. The C:\Users\<user name>\Music...
  7. Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Saved Pictures Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. The...
  8. Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Camera Roll Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Camera Roll, Videos libraries by default. The...
  9. Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. This tutorial will show...
  10. Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Include in library Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Include in library' from Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can...