Windows 10: Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10?

Discus and support Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have an ASUS Xonar DS sound card that I'm not currently using (thought it was faulty, it turned out it was something else), and I've been thinking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SlackerITGuy, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10?

So I have an ASUS Xonar DS sound card that I'm not currently using (thought it was faulty, it turned out it was something else), and I've been thinking about putting it back in for a while now, but since I'll be upgrading to Windows 10 as soon as it goes live, I'm worried that there will be no drivers available at launch.

So what's the current situation with these sound cards? Are there drivers available in the Preview builds?

Thanks!

:)

SlackerITGuy, Jun 25, 2015

2. Windows doesn't give me the option for 5.1 Surround Sound.

It's because ASUS haven't released drivers for Windows 10 yet. They're expecting this to take about 2-3 months from Win 10 RTM.

I advise you to check out the UNi Xonar Drivers. They are pretty compatible with Windows 10 (read: the best you get).

UNi Xonar Drivers official page - MaxedTech

On my hand I'm waiting until ASUS releases their drivers before upgrading, but this should provide you with a close-to-perfect workaround until that time if you've already upgraded.

Make sure you unistall your ASUS Xonar control panel and drivers before installing this one.

coldplay123, Jun 25, 2015
  3. Vin_G Win User
    Windows 10 - 64bit Fall Creators Update Auto changing ASUS Xonar Audio Bit-depth?

To get straight to it, the issue is whenever the sound icon in the Windows taskbar tray is clicked, Windows will automatically change my ASUS Xonar DX's bit depth, in Windows sound properties, from 24bit - 96khz to 16bit - 96khz. This also changes my audio
    channels in the Xonar DX Audio Center from 8 to 2. This happens only once after first booting into Windows and happens every time.

This issue has been seemingly common as of lately amongst ASUS Xonar sound card users. Specifically listed hereon the Xonar Uni drivers website, under:

"Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709)

• Default format(bit-depth and sample rate) from Windows Volume->Playback devices and the number of audio channels resets each time the Windows Volume icon is clicked (#1, #2).
      Anyone affected should report the issue to Microsoft."

So, if this can be forwarded to the Windows 10 technicians and developers, that would be appreciated.

Vin_G, Jun 25, 2015
  4. venla Win User

Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10?

venla, Jun 25, 2015
  5. Oh wow, I actually didn't know that guy updated its drivers to support Windows 10 (it's not a full 100% support but its something).

Thanks mate.

SlackerITGuy, Jun 29, 2015
  6. venla Win User
    your welcome for me works fine no problem

venla, Jun 29, 2015
  7. I also have a Xonar Essence STX. Installed in a ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z, AMD Black Edition FX9590 CPU, 16GB of G-Skill Trident RAM. With Windows 10, of course. I have mine, short of working with the ASUS drivers for W8. It crashes if I check the S/PDIF box. The analog output is OK. ASUS is shortly going to publish drivers for Windows 10, they presently have a beta available: Beta Version 8.1.8.1823 ASUS does not recommend it's use, but to wait for the stable release which I understand is due in October.

transmaster, Sep 24, 2015
  8. stormy13 Win User

Asus really needs to get on C-Media's case about this seeing as it C-Media who writes the base driver that Asus uses for its sound cards.

Good thing for the UniXonar drivers as without them most of us would have a nice paperweight right now as the Windows 8.1 drivers won't install on Windows 10 in most cases.

stormy13, Sep 24, 2015
  9. Skoshi Win User
    Skoshi, Oct 1, 2015
  10. kysioo Win User
    Hi there,

On a simililar rig, i'm succesfully using W8 driver 1.08 - 8.1.8.1822 - from asus site, works perfect, no issues at all, at first it rejected install saying that it's W8 driver, but then I digged through the inf-s ini's etc and found this "CmSetx.dll" , just 4 lines :

[SETUP]
    ATYPE=30
    INI_PATH=SoftwareDriver\InI
    SupportOS=donotcare

supportOS was naturally W8, after some digging i found that it has to be changed for "donotcare",
    works fantastic ever since.

Analog out, headfone amp, and spdif are working just like they did under W7/W8, only slight issue is that when you are using ASIO, u wont be able to go with latency as low as you might under W7, apart from that im very happy with these drivers

kysioo, Oct 1, 2015
  11. XweAponX Win User
    I have a very old Asus M2N motherboard, and I had been having trouble with the chipset drivers provided by MS. I downloaded the Windows 7 drivers and installed those, and it alleviated some of my problems. My Chipset is a Nforce chipset so it included SATA drivers, Network drivers, and Video drivers as well as a few other things. If you have the original drivers for the card on a disk, there should be no problems with using those drivers. I have installed several legacy devices, which had drovers for XP, including a Brother HL-1230 laser printer, the drivers went right in, but they required 16-bit support. I doubt if your audio card is that old to require those, so use whatever drivers came with the card. It should be fine.

XweAponX, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10? - Similar Threads - Calling ASUS Xonar

2. Audio Dropouts with Asus Xonar SE 5.1 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Dropouts with Asus Xonar SE 5.1 and Windows 10: I'm currently trying to set up a soundcard I purchased. I'm setting up a pc using an ASUS Rampage Extreme motherboard, and a Core 2 Quad 9660K The original Rampage Extreme board would come with an Asus sound riser in a PCI slot, but as I purchased this board used I don't...
  3. Asus Xonar DGX sound card

Asus Xonar DGX sound card: Hello, I am having a problem with installation of my sound card software since device manager is not listing it. I have win version 1909, OS build 18363.959. Thanks!...
  4. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed - ASUS Xonar U7

Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed - ASUS Xonar U7: Hi, this issue seems to have been raised before, but unfortunately I cannot see any solutions.... After upgrading Windows 10 now at 19041.84 my Asus Xonar U7 is no longer working. When plugging the device into the USB port I see activity and it appears in device list,...
  5. Driver Owner

Driver Owner: Hi there, i got a question for you. IF i reinstall my windows and delete the drivers in the installation setup, will it DELETE the owner of the driver, send the owner to OBLIVION and never see it again. I got a nasty virus and now i can fully work with my driver. I...
  6. Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is W10 free to multiple computers by one owner?: I recently purchased a new laptop to replace my aging one that has slowed to a snails pace. Maybe also has a virus - I dunno. The new laptop has W10 installed. I also have 10 installed on a couple of desktops. I plan to move all of my data from the retired laptop to a large...
  7. Asus Xonar D2X drivers

Asus Xonar D2X drivers: I have a Asus Xonar D2X sound-card and although it will run using a third party driver the sound is not half as good as in other versions of Windows. There is a lot of echo that I cannot turn off and the software says it is turned off. To be honest the sound is poo and...
  8. Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX

Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX: Hello As the title What should I use ? (gaming-movies-music) Is the old creative Audigy still worth to use ? Creative Audigy Platinum EX Creative Labs Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum eX review - CNET Asus Xonar DX Xonar DX | Sound Cards | ASUS Global...
  9. W10 and Asus xxx5l

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 and Asus xxx5l: A couple of months ago following an 'automatic' windows 10 update I developed a problem where the computer wouldn't shut down and the light remained until the battery was drained so obviously couldn't be booted without a mains supply. Searching the forums apparently the...
  10. Calling all Samsung owners

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calling all Samsung owners: There seems to be an issue with a raft of different Samsung computer products being unable to install Win 10 TP. The issue is exactly the same for all being locked out after 3 seconds at the logo screen trying to install with either USB or DVD installer..... and then if...