Windows 10: Camera App failure on Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet with Windows Anniversary

Discus and support Camera App failure on Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet with Windows Anniversary in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Folks: Dell Venue 8 5830 Pro cameras are not working. I have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary version twice but I cannot get the cameras to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by azizuddin, Aug 26, 2016.

1. azizuddin Win User

Camera App failure on Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet with Windows Anniversary

Folks:

Dell Venue 8 5830 Pro cameras are not working.
    I have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary version twice but I cannot get the cameras to work at all. For the installation, I have managed to use an external USB flash drive to upgrade with no Internet updates during the process. After several boots later, the tablet appears to be OK except for the camera app. I have looked and checked there is no problems in the Device Manager. (I should have wrote down the error number, I was using the tablet to check for the errors)The error led me to the following website:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...art-the-camera
    It was suggesting that my antivirus might be at fault. I went ahead and disabled the antivirus to test this suggestion, but the result is still the same, no cameras. During this install, I tried to update the drivers under Image and under Sound. It did not work and after several attempts, I did screw something up and the sound was not working at all. I tried to reinstall the sound drivers but to no avail. Therefore, I restored the previous backup. A few days later, tried to install the Anniversary version for the 2nd time. This time, I added the registry hack for the 32-bit fix from what was floating around online, and tried the camera program but Windows kept on saying cameras cannot be found with the long error code that takes me to previous microsoft web site regarding how to troubleshoot problem areas. I have it working in Windows 10 before. Therefore, I have restored to the previous version of Windows 10 that have worked. I also read somewhere that Microsoft is trying to change the format it supports might be at issue. I am thinking of waiting for Microsoft to formally fix the camera problem before updating to the Anniversary edition. What gives?
    P.S. I am noticing that without the Anniversary version, I am not getting the current cumulative update either.

:)

azizuddin, Aug 26, 2016
  2. tomalbhol Win User

Cumulative Update KB3200970 keeps failing

What makes you think I haven't even started using the Dell support resources? You have no idea what time I have invested in making this tablet usable and keeping it that way from Win 8 through to this latest update of Win 10. The effort is way beyond what
    the normal user would do and would drive them to toss this tablet in favour of an iPad. I think my experience gives me every right to be annoyed.

You didn't dig far enough re support for this model 5830 tablet:

Tablets
    The table below lists Dell tablets that have been tested with Windows 10 Anniversary Update. If your computer model is not listed, Dell is not testing the device, and drivers have not been updated for that
    model.

Model

Venue 10 Pro 5055

Venue 10 Pro 5056

Venue 8 Pro 5855

Venue 11 Pro 7140

tomalbhol, Aug 26, 2016
  3. bzubrick Win User
    New Windows Store version 2015.8.12.1

I am having issues downloading apps from my Dell Venue 8 pro Tablet. Windows 10 Home is installed and the version is listed in my account info as Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16445 under the "Your devices". All built in store apps(mail, Cortana, camera,
    etc..) will download as will apps that I have purchased prior to the issue that has been created, however, if I try to purchase a new app I will receive an error 0x803F7000. With windows store 2015.8.12.1 on my Windows 10 Professional (10.0.10240.16413) PC
    I am able to download the apps that I had purchased from my Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet.

bzubrick, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Camera App failure on Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet with Windows Anniversary - Similar Threads - Camera App failure

2. VENUE 8 Dell Tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VENUE 8 Dell Tablet: I have a DELL VENUE 8 Tablet, That I did not use in years. When I power it up, it calls for PASSWORD .I do not remember it. There is no Box on the Screen to enter forget Password. Also the email address I had then is no longer in use. Any suggestions. TONY....
  3. VENUE 8 Dell Tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VENUE 8 Dell Tablet: I have a DELL VENUE 8 Tablet, That I did not use in years. When I power it up, it calls for PASSWORD .I do not remember it. There is no Box on the Screen to enter forget Password. Also the email address I had then is no longer in use. Any suggestions. TONY....
  4. Dell venue 8 pro 5855 sound-audio problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell venue 8 pro 5855 sound-audio problems.: I've got my device today everything is ok but there is not any sound from the speaker. With earphones I can get sound but the speaker is completely dumb . İve done all upgrades . Didn't get any solution. How can I come through this issue? ***Post moved by the Moderator to...
  5. DELL Venue 8 Pro-No headphone audio output device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELL Venue 8 Pro-No headphone audio output device.: I have done clean install of Windows 10 in my DV8P. Everything works fine. When I check audio output devices, it shows only Speaker. Even after inserting headphone jack, I am not finding headphone as audio output device. Hence hearing audio without disturbing others is not...
  6. Dell Venue 8 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Venue 8 Pro: I'll be using Dropbox and Onedrive on a Dell Venue 8 Pro.Do the files take up much disk Space ? 19885
  7. Dell Venue 8 Pro - Windows 10 Installation failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Venue 8 Pro - Windows 10 Installation failed: I have dell venue 8 pro with 32 bit Windows 8.1. in GWX, I have reserved it for win10. I waited up 30th 8am for any notification. I did not get any. Then I tried installation media creation tool for win 10. When the tool was started, I got message, something Happening....
  8. Dell Venue 8 Pro

Dell Venue 8 Pro: Just upgraded to Windows 10.( Dell Venue 8 Pro ) Can I remove the Windows old File ? Should I make a backup so I can roll back to 8.1 if I want ? 19441
  9. How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro?

How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro?: So I made the mistake of upgrading my Dell Venue 8 Pro to Windows 10... It's very slow and buggy. I tried using the built in "Revert back to Windows 8.1" option in the Settings "app", but it says that files have been deleted and it can no longer perform the...
  10. Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet - Install WinTP on USB

Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet - Install WinTP on USB: Anyone want to offer advice on installing Windows 10 Tech Preview on a USB HDD on my Dell Venue 8 Pro with UEFI? I've had no luck. 2219