Windows 10: Camera app isn't saving to C: drive

Discus and support Camera app isn't saving to C: drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to use the camera app on windows 10 to take photos through a webcam. The app originally worked fine, however, now the app won't save photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JA(), Aug 14, 2018.

1. JA() Win User

Camera app isn't saving to C: drive

I'm trying to use the camera app on windows 10 to take photos through a webcam.

The app originally worked fine, however, now the app won't save photos (or videos) to the C: drive but will save to other drives (recovery and USB etc.) when I adjust the drive to which photos and videos from the app save to in settings.

Even when photos are set to save to the C: drive they will either save in recovery or to an external drive.

Is there a solution to this problem?

:)

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

MS Camera App

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're unable to change the location of where you save your photos. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to choose other location before aside from This PC or D Drive?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change the location where you save your Photos as a work around:

• Go to Libraries then select the Camera Roll.
    • Right-clicked Camera Roll and choose Properties.
    • Under Camera Roll Properties, Click the button Add and look for OneDrive.
    • After choosing OneDrive, click Set as location button.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Camera app isn't saving to C: drive - Similar Threads - Camera app isn't

2. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive is in full even no apps or files saved: My C drive almost full but I dont have enough files and programs installed. I have 512GB storage and I dont know why it is showing full. I check on my explorer and I dont see anything. Where I can find this file or program consuming my storage. I run disk clean up no changes...
  3. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is in full even no apps or files saved: My C drive almost full but I dont have enough files and programs installed. I have 512GB storage and I dont know why it is showing full. I check on my explorer and I dont see anything. Where I can find this file or program consuming my storage. I run disk clean up no changes...
  4. C drive is in full even no apps or files saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera App save file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App save file location: I can't find a Setting for me to choose where to save Photos and Videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-save-file-location/7c6e4875-1005-4f08-9033-90d02a482ac6
  6. Camera App save file location

Camera App save file location: I can't find a Setting for me to choose where to save Photos and Videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-save-file-location/7c6e4875-1005-4f08-9033-90d02a482ac6
  7. Format C Drive To Save Data

Format C Drive To Save Data: If i format my c drive to keep my files, i know apps will be deleted and microsoft C++ visual will deleted as well. After format C drive, can i reinstall all microsoft c++ visual versions like all redistributable versions and recent windows update? And is my game files still...
  8. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  9. Camera App saving to random location

Camera App saving to random location: Hi all, The Camera App is saving to a random location. None of the information I've found has come close. When I open the image, it has opened in the Photo app, but has no UI to save or manage the images. I can only organize them into albums... When I select a photo,...
  10. Can't save to C: drive.

Can't save to C: drive.: I have a Windows 10 HP Laptop. Every time I try to save to my c: drive, I get an error message saying access denied. I am the only user and the Administrator. I checked settings for access, sharing, etc. Help!...