Windows 10: Camera APP keeps crashing

Discus and support Camera APP keeps crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had this computer for 2 weeks now. For 5 days I couldn't even use it (login error). Now the camera app is crashing on open. I am debating on just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ponyexpress, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Camera APP keeps crashing

I've had this computer for 2 weeks now. For 5 days I couldn't even use it (login error). Now the camera app is crashing on open. I am debating on just throwing out this computer is a brand new 500$ piece of crap. I can't deal with this stress. I'll keep posting problems onto this forum maybe reach some resolution at some point.

In the meantime I will create a new user account next week worst comes to worst when I am relaxed and see if I can mirror my settings on this account to that without the issues. I'll check here periodically and if someone can help fix this account I'll be happy to try anything. Thanks

SO I created that new user account and the start menu doesn't work so useless. I'm going to check all post on here and if nothing is resolved in a week I'll just throw the harddrive against the wall (err format it) and put windows 7 on it

cant deal with thisn aymore this laptop is going to have hoel through the screen so screw it closing all my threads thanks for reading im installing windows 7 everytime i fix something here 10 more problems come up like if the explorer makes progreams lag you fix that oh now they crash fantastic

:)

ponyexpress, Jan 28, 2016

2. windows 10 camera app keeps crashing.

Thanks Francisco! Since Skype is working and your screen shots show that the camera driver is installed and functioning correctly, I think there must be a bug in the Camera application.

I am opening a bug so that our team can investigate this issue further. I'll keep you posted on what we learn.

Jeff D - Windows Camera Team, Jan 28, 2016
  3. windows 10 camera app keeps crashing.

Yes, you MUST install the Media Feature Pack before Camera (and other media apps) will work on the N and KN versions of Windows. Here's the explanation from the feature pack page:

Windows 8.1 N and Windows 8.1 KN editions include the same functionality as Windows 8.1, except that these versions of Windows do not include Windows Media Player, and related technologies.

You can do a Bing search on the Windows N and Window KN versions to get information on how and why these versions exist. You will see that Windows Media Player and "related programs" are not included in the N and KN. The Camera app is on of those related
    programs. In addition, Windows Media Foundation, which is the underlying tech that allows capture and playback of media, is also not included in those versions.

Jeff D - Windows Camera Team, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Camera APP keeps crashing

1. Camera APP keeps crashing - Similar Threads - Camera APP keeps

2. Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps keep crashing: All of my open apps reload when I open or close a game, as if it were manually closed and opened again. It's peculiar and annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-crashing/eca31a6a-17a2-4af3-8179-bc41f059bec7
  3. Apps keep crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps keep crashing: All of my open apps reload when I open or close a game, as if it were manually closed and opened again. It's peculiar and annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-keep-crashing/eca31a6a-17a2-4af3-8179-bc41f059bec7
  4. mail app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail app keeps crashing: Im furious right now. Im working on my email urgently and the mail app for Windows keeps on crashing. I need to send emails to my boss and I cant afford this to happen. Its working fine yesterday!...
  5. camera app crashes help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    camera app crashes help: everytime i open the camera app and press record it glitches, stops, then crashes and stops working, how do i fix this submitted by /u/Kickstarterfoot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnovqk/camera_app_crashes_help/
  6. Windows Apps Keep Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps Keep Crashing: Every time I start a windows application such as Camera or Calculator, it immediately closes and does not start. I tried starting the applications from their folders and I got the following errors for each of the apps. Camera: "The code execution cannot proceed because...
  7. photos app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app keeps crashing: Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I have been scanning lots of photos. Then I open them in Photos app, adjust the borders, rotate if necessary, then save. This was working fine. But recently, almost every other time I click save, the photo just closes and I have to do the...
  8. Camera keeps crashing over and over!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera keeps crashing over and over!: SERIOUS WARNING! Okay. So I made a YouTube channel 2 days ago and when we were trying to take a YouTube profile picture, the camera lags and stops also with the frame service. Here's what the event said: The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly. It...
  9. Apps keep crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps keep crashing: This has been an issue for many months now. All of a sudden, apps crashed despite still having ram to use (for example, yesterday i had 4 chrome tabs open, along with spotify and discord, and chrome and discord just refused to work at the same time). The screen flashed black...
  10. Camera App is crashing 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera App is crashing 2019: This question has been asked before but I am still having this issue and it is 2019 not 2015 or however long ago this question was asked. I tried to reinstall the driver and update my software. I moved the Camera Roll folder to see if that would help. I tried to delete the...