Windows 10: Camera app - webcams only?

Discus and support Camera app - webcams only? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yogalD, Jul 30, 2016.

1. yogalD Win User

Camera app - webcams only?

Is the Windows 10 camera app only for webcams or something? I tried connecting my Canon IXUS 95IS and Windows detects it properly but the Camera app doesn't.

:)

yogalD, Jul 30, 2016
  2. Jay Jap Win User

How do I use my webcam on my laptop with Windows 10?

Hello Teeny72,

For you to use the webcam on your laptop, you will need to use the Camera app to access it or a program that uses a webcam like Skype.

For more information regarding the Camera app and webcams, just click on this
    link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Camera app does not work after upgrade to Windows 10

No help whatsoever. Have tried updating webcam driver to be told best available. Why do I need to change a driver for the webcam when the webcam works with everything else BUT the camera app,
    when it WORKED with the camera app on Windows 8.1
    BEFORE the upgrade to 10. Your suggestion was useless, you might as well tell me how to uninstall the app as it is useless. The webcam WORKS
    with Skype and all webcam software that came with the camera with no problems.

Graham Ackrill, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

Camera app - webcams only?

1. Camera app - webcams only? - Similar Threads - Camera app webcams

2. webcam/camera question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    webcam/camera question: If I start my webcam then later close the program using webcam the light indicating that it is on, or at least available/tide to a program. The only way I can have access to the webcam again is to put computer to sleep/hibernation or re-boot. The 'active' light remains on. If...
  3. Default Webcam For Camera App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Webcam For Camera App: Is there a way to actually set a default webcam for the camera app? Please, don't tell me to disable devices or anything. I want to SELECT A CAMERA THAT DOESN'T SHOW IN DEVICES AND PRINTERS. This is crazy that I can't select an OBS Studio virtual webcam. It's like the most...
  4. Webcam - Microsoft camera app

Webcam - Microsoft camera app: I am running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Winver says it is Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.804, and assures me that it is licensed. The Windows Camera App did not come pre-installed as part of any version or update of Windows 10, including this one. I have tried repeatedly...
  5. Webcam not recognized by Camera App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not recognized by Camera App: The Webcam I currently use is recognized is not recognized by the Camera App or any Browser. For some reason it works in Skype and Discord. The Error Message in the Windows Camera app is: 0xA00F4288 <AllCamerasAreReserved> I have no idea why this is happening. It happens...
  6. Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app

Trouble editing camera properties on webcam using camera app: I've looked all over the place to try and change the settings for my new webcam, but I tried right clicking on the camera app and nothing happens. The only way I can edit the camera properties is through OBS Studio so far and the settings don't save or change for any other...
  7. Camera and Webcam

Camera and Webcam: I cannot use camera on my laptop. It seems it does not exist or cannot be found on Device Manager. I have received an error code of 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-webcam/d94ce0a1-3c8a-4e65-81f8-14eddde28167
  8. webcam/camera

webcam/camera: I have been utilizing Zoom app. without difficulty but now the program is indicating that it is unable to locate camera so I don't have full function of the app. I have been troubleshooting and am unable to find the problem to correct it. Any suggestions?...
  9. Integrated camera/webcam

Integrated camera/webcam: Lenovo Yoga 510 Idea Pad error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> - lens is clearly visible on machine - can I get drivers to activate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camerawebcam/bb52326b-a8b5-443c-8940-0bcfeed02f4c
  10. Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps

Laptop webcam shows only a black screen in Camera / Skype apps: So I just got a new laptop (MSI GE73 8RF) and noticed that the webcam doesn't seem to show any image in apps, only shows a black screen. The weird thing is it works perfectly fine on sites like www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ but not on any of the Windows apps. Skype also...