Windows 10: Camera being used by another app.

Discus and support Camera being used by another app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by D1JerryDavidson, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Camera being used by another app.

Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this?

:)

D1JerryDavidson, Aug 9, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Issues with using Camera on Windows 10 and getting black view while using the Camera.

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Camera driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• How exactly are you opening the Camera on the computer?
    • Are you using default Camera app or other camera app?

I suggest you to follow the method below to open Camera app in the computer and update the Camera driver in the Device Manager.

Step 1: I recommend you to open the Camera through default Camera app and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Camera" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Check if you are able to use the Camera.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the Camera driver and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key

3. Expand Imaging Devices.

4. Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Camera on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Camera being used by another app.

windows store camera app

We see that you are still having issues with your Camera app having an error code 0xA00F4271 even if you have tried the troubleshooting steps from the link provided above. Can you check your camera privacy settings to see if camera access is turned on? To
    check the camera privacy settings, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Click Settings.
    • In search box in upper right, type webcam.
    • Click Camera privacy settings.
    • Check that Let apps use my camera toggle is On.

If it is on, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on August 21, 2016 to resolve Error Code 0xA00F4271.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Camera being used by another app.

1. Camera being used by another app. - Similar Threads - Camera being used

2. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to solve camera is being used by another app: how to solve camera is being used by another appand i am not able attend zoom class as it showing camera not availabe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-camera-is-being-used-by-another-app/cb8bd752-9269-4b6f-a4df-051dbb3fe320
  3. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to solve camera is being used by another app: how to solve camera is being used by another appand i am not able attend zoom class as it showing camera not availabe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-camera-is-being-used-by-another-app/cb8bd752-9269-4b6f-a4df-051dbb3fe320
  4. how to solve camera is being used by another app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System

Camera is being blocked or used by another program/process..in the System: My camera is being blocked or used by another process. I've tried three cameras and gotten the same results so its not the cameras. I tested them and get the result that "Your webcam is being used or blocked by another program". Tried all the canned MS fixes. The cameras work...
  6. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  7. My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is...

My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is...: My web camera is not working. The message says it is being used by another app but it is not. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-web-camera-is-not-working-the-message-says-it/bf0e50c8-5370-4791-ac08-44cab8bd9e8e
  8. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  9. Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application.: I have been trying without success for the past ten hours, and it is frustrating trying to get my camera activated for a live broadcast via the internet. Although I have troubleshot all the problems and solutions to fix the issues, I am stuck. I keep getting this message...
  10. Camera is being used by another app - Windows Hello Face Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera is being used by another app - Windows Hello Face Setup: Hi, I am using the HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx and I am having a problem setting up the Windows Hello Face. After I type in my PIN, I continue and the light beside my camera lights up but it says something went wrong and the camera is currently in use by another app....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. front camera is currently being used by another app

2. surface camera is being used by another application

3. surface 10 pro camera being used by another app

4. windows hello camera is being used by another app,
  5. camera being used by another app how do i stop this,
  6. camera is used by another app. How do I disconnect the app?