Windows 10: Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

Discus and support Camera issue on Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LewisCrow, Jul 11, 2018.

1. LewisCrow Win User

Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken.

What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found), run Windows Troubleshooter (no issues found). Let Apps Use Camera is enabled.

I think some recent Windows Update is responsible....

:)

LewisCrow, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023489

See also: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (11 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

Surface Pro 4 Constant WIfi Issues

Hi,

As an initial step I would suggest you install all the pending updates on your computer, update to the latest available build and check if it helps fixing your issue.

Further I would suggest you to refer to the link below which has major fixes to address your issue.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=networking-and-connectivity

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - Camera issue Surface

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Pro 4 Battery issues: I decided to charge the battery with the charger that came with the surafce. Unfortunately,despite having power through the charger and the charger looking as good as new, with no damage seen and the white light being on the side port. The battery is not charging or holding...
  3. Surface pro 4 issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pro 4 issues: My computer keeps switching rapidly between tablet mode and desktop. I cant click or touch anything in time for it to load, as it has already switched again. I tried hard Resets, but they ran into a blue error page, then restarted instead.does anybody know what to do? I need...
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. Surface Pro 4 mouse issues

Surface Pro 4 mouse issues: Recently my mouse stops working if I touch my Surface Pro 4 screen. Is this a known problem and is there a fix? Has only happened since the last couple of updates....
  6. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  7. Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4

Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4: A while back, I noticed my camera stopped working for my Surface Pro 4. I wasn't really concerned about it, so I didn't look into it at the time, but now I'm looking to use it and I can't get it to work. Below is the error I get when opening camera: [ATTACH] I've followed...
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  9. Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4 issues with Anniversary Update: I have a Surface Pro 4, 128GB, i5 CPU. It came with Windows 10 Pro x64 pre-installed. All updates prior to the AU have installed without any hitches. Windows Update hasn't offered me the AU on the Surface, nor on my dual boot desktop. Prior to the upgrade my desktop had...
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photocapturestarttimeout error surface pro 3

2. 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout

3. 0xa00f4292 surface pro

4. 0xa00f4292 surface,
  5. surface 4 front camera not working,
  6. surface 0xa00f4292 photocapturestarttimeout,
  7. cant get camara on surface pro 4 to work,
  8. photocapturestarttimeout,
  9. intel avstream camera 2500 not usb,
  10. o que é 0xa00f4292,
  11. fix errorcode 0xa00f4292 in windows surface,