Windows 10: Camera not working after upgrading to Windows 10 [Tablet]

Discus and support Camera not working after upgrading to Windows 10 [Tablet] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Camera worked fine on my tablet which was earlier on Windows 8.1. But, after updating to Windows 10 Home, it gives me an error - Make sure your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vistatech, Nov 9, 2015.

1. vistatech Win User

Camera not working after upgrading to Windows 10 [Tablet]

The Camera worked fine on my tablet which was earlier on Windows 8.1. But, after updating to Windows 10 Home, it gives me an error - Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app. I tried the following :-
    1. Updated the app.
    2. Turned Windows Firewall off.
    3. Tried disabling and enabling the Camera - OV2680.

I need help in getting it to work. I dont have the option to revert to Windows 8.1.

:)

vistatech, Nov 9, 2015

2. camera is not working

I have a insignia windows tablet, my camera app quit working after windows 10 upgrade

imjustme80, Nov 9, 2015
  3. email and camera problem

few days ago I upgrade windows 10 from windows 8.1with bing in prestigio visconte 3 tablet. before upgrade I have no problem with windows default camera app. After upgrade windows 10

a) camera: when I start camera ,the monitor became black, there was no camera button after sometime it showed there was a problem. then I tried several image driver(my driver intel imaging signal 2400) after updating to a new downloaded driver camera became
    active. but when I start tablet after 3-4 hours of shutdown again the problem is back. now there is camera button but monitor is black. then restart tablet, camera become ok. now the problem is after few hours of shutdown during first start of camera it was
    not working, everytime I have to restart.

Mahmudur rahman35, Nov 9, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Can you check for latest camera driver on manufacturer's site? Then install it and see if it works. Uninstall the application/driver, restart and then try to install latest one again. If Windows keep ignoring the driver and installing their own not working again, then you may have to manually force/install the latest driver from Device Manager. Click on the search button and type Device. Then click to open Device Manager. Expand the Imaging Devices and right-click (hold-tap) on the camera. Select Update driver and select last option. Select last option again and you should see a Have disk button. Click on that and browse to the folder where you extracted the camera driver. Install it and try to see if it is working. You may have to restart first. Then hide the driver update so it won't install again.

spapakons, Nov 9, 2015
  5. vistatech Win User
    I tried uninstalling the driver, it's showing under Other Devices as ISP Camera Device. Anyways, the Hardware ID - VEN_8086&DEV_0F31. I am trying to download the Driver with Device Manager. Will report back.

vistatech, Nov 10, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
  7. Bushido1 Win User
  8. spapakons Win User

For any device not working after installing Windows 10 or upgrading to a newer Windows 10 version, the solution is to install the chipset driver again and if needed that device's driver as well. Then use show/hide tool to block any driver updates and you could even block all updates using the O & O Windows Shut up tool

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Camera not working after upgrading to Windows 10 [Tablet] - Similar Threads - Camera working upgrading

2. Camera not working on tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not working on tablet: I can not get the camera to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-tablet/a4eb6599-7f67-401a-8bb9-58632c18beca
  3. Camera not working on tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working on tablet: I can not get the camera to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-tablet/a4eb6599-7f67-401a-8bb9-58632c18beca
  4. Camera not working on tablet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Camera app not working in HP Omni 10 tablet on Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera app not working in HP Omni 10 tablet on Windows 10 OS: Hi, In HP Omni 10 tablet on Windows 10 OS, whenever camera app is launched the system is crashing with BSOD as 'Page fault in Non-paged area'. We are unable to attend any MS Team calls due to this. Appreciate your help. Thanks, Srinivas...
  6. Upgrading tablet to windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgrading tablet to windows 10: I want to upgrade my Lenovo tablet from android to windows 10. I have a USB stick to download windows 10 for tablets to. Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-tablet-to-windows-10/3f466d3e-11c1-4e55-b472-3e74c662b4ce"
  7. Camera and Microphone not working after upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera and Microphone not working after upgrade: [ATTACH][ATTACH]i can't use Camera and Micro after updating the newest edition of Windows. let's help me!!! *Original title: Camera and Micro don't act*...
  8. after windows 10 update camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    after windows 10 update camera not working: Message from Windows 10-Can' turn camera on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-windows-10-update-camera-not-working/40b58568-ff7c-439b-8b4b-19ed9ec9a22e
  9. Lost camera after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost camera after Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi, When I upgraded to Windows 10 my video camera disapeared. No search could find it and I was told by the australian support for my computer that they had not developed the driver for Windows 10. Can you help? PaulT...
  10. NEXTBOOK windows tablet camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NEXTBOOK windows tablet camera: Hello, i have a 10.1 inch nextbook windows tablet running on windows 8.1. My camera is working fine and in device manager it shows as "Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400". In properties it says: Driver date: 8/1/2014 Driver version: 19.50.53.344 But when i upgrade...