Windows 10: Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!

Discus and support Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason, and I think it was a Win10 Update that caused it, the 'Camera Roll' Shortcut keeps coming back onto the Desktop Screen when I delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Traveller11, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!

For some reason, and I think it was a Win10 Update that caused it, the 'Camera Roll' Shortcut keeps coming back onto the Desktop Screen when I delete it.

I read a much older post where it seemed to be linked to One Drive and a Photos App but One Drive is blocked from starting up on my laptop and does not appear in any listing of the Programs or Folders on my machine, while I also do not have a 'Photos App'.

But trying to get rid permanently of the Camera Roll 'Shortcut' on the Desktop is infuriating!

Can anyone assist me please in sending this Shortcut to the 'PERMANENT GARBAGE BUCKET' where it will not come back?

Thanks

:)

Traveller11, Jul 30, 2018

2. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 30, 2018
  3. camera roll

Hi Rosalyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for arranging the camera pictures in recent order and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will open file explorer.
    • Go to “This PC” and click on “pictures folder”.
    • Then click on “camera roll folder”.
    • And right click on the empty space and select “sort by” option.
    • Then select ascending option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Error 404 Win User

Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'! :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!

1. Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'! - Similar Threads - Camera Roll Icon

2. "Desktop" is being changed to "Camera Roll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Desktop" is being changed to "Camera Roll": Hi,Once I was doing something with Camera settingsthen the name "Desktop" is changed to "Camera Roll". I do not know how I did that. I am working for days seeing it as Camera Roll it is in fact really the desktop.Sometimes, finding the Camera Roll through the path "users,...
  3. "Desktop" is being changed to "Camera Roll"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Desktop" is being changed to "Camera Roll": Hi,Once I was doing something with Camera settingsthen the name "Desktop" is changed to "Camera Roll". I do not know how I did that. I am working for days seeing it as Camera Roll it is in fact really the desktop.Sometimes, finding the Camera Roll through the path "users,...
  4. "Desktop" is being changed to "Camera Roll"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder): Ok, so I'm by no means a tech luddite, but this one has me stumped even after trawling some forums. When I delete "some" icons from my desktop the icon does not actually disappear. It stays there on my desktop but is no longer active. I cannot click on it or interact with it...
  6. Camera Roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera Roll: Hello, I am trying to print multiple photos on one page. This is not available through pictures and when I tried to look at camera roll the pictures were not there to choose but the ability to print multiple is... How do I get my photos on camera roll from pictures, or how...
  7. Camera Roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera Roll: Photos taken using this Laptop used to be available from a box in the camera window; now they are there until the Camera window is closed and then there is a msg. saying "You haven't captured anything recently. Open the Photos app..... Earlier today they were not there...
  8. Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted Desktop Folder Stays in Desktop: I've been trying to delete folders on my desktop but They won't delete. Files are deleting just fine but when I try deleting a folder, it gives me this processing tab: [img] and "completes" the deletion but the folder never ends up getting deleted. It can be opened,...
  9. desktop icons won't stay in place

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons won't stay in place: It's not the end of the world, but since a recent Windows update my desktop icons won't stay where I put them. In addition, after my computer boots up and everything is loaded, desktop icons do not appear on their own. I have to right click/view/show desktop icons....
  10. Delete desktop item but the icon stays

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete desktop item but the icon stays: Just that. I have several short cuts on the desktop, some of which are downloads. Once I have finished with the shortcut I delete it (I'm asked to confirm deletion) but the icon is still there. If I then try to delete it again I'm told that it doesn't exist or has moved....