Windows 10: Can a batch file be pinned to the taskbar?

Discus and support Can a batch file be pinned to the taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right clicking a batch file on my desktop does not give me the option to pin it, is there a way? Thanks! 57501 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Jul 26, 2016.

1. rboppy Win User

Can a batch file be pinned to the taskbar?

Right clicking a batch file on my desktop does not give me the option to pin it, is there a way?

Thanks!

:)

rboppy, Jul 26, 2016

2. Is there shortcuts that can be pinned to the home-screen for disabling mobile-network, WiFi and GPS to save battery?

No. there is no such feature as of right now, nor do i see it in the foreseeable feature. My understanding is that even if the feature is turned on, unless a specific application or os request request access to the chip the polling time is severely reduce.
    example if you are using bing maps the gps chip will then have its polling time set to about 10 - 100 ms once the app quits the pooling time increases to a couple of minutes to make sure chip is active. think of this as a keep-alive timer. Same goes with wifi.
    In-fact with my hd7 i have seen that unless i am using data over wireless whether its on or off i only see a very slight difference in battery use, i am talking about an extra 5 - 15 mins of overall battery usage per day.

Hope this helps. And i get where you are coming from being used to the sense u.i in windows mobile 6.5 / android its one of those useful features where the os did not handle those chips properly.

platinumacetric, Jul 26, 2016
  3. jagi4 Win User
    Is there shortcuts that can be pinned to the home-screen for disabling mobile-network, WiFi and GPS to save battery?

Is there shortcuts that can be pinned to the home-screen for disabling mobile-network, WiFi and GPS to save battery?

jagi4, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

You'll need to create a shortcut of the batch file with the prefix explorer.exe

Edwin, Jul 26, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    You can just drag it to the taskbar.

spunk, Jul 26, 2016
  6. rboppy Win User
    Like explorer.exe\batchfile.bat?

rboppy, Jul 26, 2016
  7. rboppy Win User
    That didn't work.*Sad

rboppy, Jul 26, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Put the batch file somewhere it won't get moved.
    Shift/Right click it, Copy as Path, paste that in a new shortcut dialog but add the prefix explorer.exe and a space

Example: explorer.exe "C:\Z Pack\Context BAT\Load_x64.bat"

drag that to the taskbar, delete the shortcut if you wish.

Edwin, Jul 26, 2016
  9. rboppy Win User
    Thanks Edwin, I'll try that in the morning.

rboppy, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 26, 2016
  11. rboppy Win User
    Thanks Brink, but Edwin's suggestion worked like a charm!

Thanks again Edwin!*Biggrin

rboppy, Jul 26, 2016
  12. Code: cmd.exe /c "Path to batch file"[/quote]

cyberrufus, Jul 26, 2016
  13. Can a batch file be pinned to the taskbar?

The fastest and easiest way to pin a .bat file to the task bar is to rename the .bat file to .exe and then drag it to the task bar. Finally, you must rename the .exe back to bat on the original file, and right click on the taskbar shortcut and click preferences and rename back to .bat You can also change the icon in the shortcut preferences.

wonderland, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can a batch file be pinned to the taskbar? - Similar Threads - batch file pinned

2. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  3. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  4. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No longer can pin excel files to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No longer can pin excel files to taskbar: I used to be able to pin files directly to the taskbar for excel, I can still do this for other programs Word, File Explorer, etc.. When I right click on the Excel icon I see the list of pinned files and recent files, and I can see the option to Unpin the existing ones, and...
  6. No longer can pin excel files to taskbar

No longer can pin excel files to taskbar: I used to be able to pin files directly to the taskbar for excel, I can still do this for other programs Word, File Explorer, etc.. When I right click on the Excel icon I see the list of pinned files and recent files, and I can see the option to Unpin the existing ones, and...
  7. No longer can pin excel files to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Batch Files

Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  9. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  10. pin batch file to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    pin batch file to taskbar: i have created a batch file on my desktop when i right click on batch it dont show option to pin to taskbar when i am running this batch files, i pin it to taskbar however after terminating the batch file when i click on taskbar icon to run batch file it open command...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. batch file to pin applications to taskbar

2. can you save a batch file to task bar

3. can not add batch file to taskbar