Windows 10: Can additions be made to Media Player Visualizations?

Discus and support Can additions be made to Media Player Visualizations? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just discovered the Visualizations feature in Windows Media Player when playing music. In one place, there is a download button to supposedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Delly10, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Delly10 Win User

Can additions be made to Media Player Visualizations?

I've just discovered the Visualizations feature in Windows Media Player when playing music. In one place, there is a download button to supposedly download additional visualizations. When I click it, nothing happens. I've also used Google to try to find downloads from other sources, but either come across dead links, or ones made for other programs.

Does anyone know of a place where I can download (for free) additional visualizations for Windows Media Player?

BTW, I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop computer.

:)

Delly10, Nov 1, 2017

2. How can Windows 10 Media Player be made to display closed captions from WMC WTV files?

How can Windows 10 Media Player be made to display closed captions from WMC WTV files?

Harry Thomas, Nov 1, 2017
  3. How can Windows 10 Media Player be made to display closed captions from WMC WTV files?

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 Media Player will play WMC WTV files but will not display closed captions from WTV files, even with Media Player options and System options correctly configured to display Closed Captions.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Nov 1, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Plankton, Nov 1, 2017
  5. Delly10 Win User
    I actually just checked this out before editing my post to take out the VLC player request. In the comment section of the link, people were saying that it doesn't work with Windows. So far, all the other sites with visualization downloads aren't for Windows either. It seems to be a common thing with specialized downloads or functions that they aren't for Windows, but rather Mac or one of the Linux versions.

Delly10, Nov 1, 2017
  6. Gordon7 Win User
  7. Edwin New Member
    Visualizations for Windows Media Player

Edwin, Nov 2, 2017
  8. Delly10 Win User

Thank you, Edwin, and also Gordon 7. I'll save the link and try again. I'm not on my laptop right now, so I'll have to wait until later. I hope it's not the same link as I was going to before. When I originally clicked on the button to download more, I believe it tried going to a microsoft support page, but then nothing happened. I think the "Look for visualizations on the web" button Gordon7 showed at the bottom of the image is what I clicked and got nothing. But I'll try again using the web address directly.

EDIT: I just tried again to do it using the computer I'm on. I started up a song on Media Player, then right-clicked and then on the "Visualizations" fly out menu, I clicked on "Download Visualizations". Here's an attachment of what I got:

Can additions be made to Media Player Visualizations? [​IMG]

But when I get back on my laptop, I'll try going directly to the sites you guys gave me. I was able to get to it already with my current computer. I even was able to download a few files, but others wouldn't allow it. I haven't been able to use them yet. I guess they have to install into Media Player. I don't have administrative privileges on the computer I'm on now. I just have a flash drive hooked up to it to save the visualization files.

Delly10, Nov 2, 2017
  9. Gordon7 Win User
    If you use IE or Edge, then make sure you set the site up in Internet settings as a Trusted Webpage!

I use FF (or Pale Moon):

Gordon7, Nov 3, 2017
  10. Delly10 Win User
    I'm using Chrome. Do I need to set that up in any particular way?

Delly10, Nov 3, 2017
  11. Gordon7 Win User
    I don't use Chrome, but you must turn JavaScript ON to access link's and for downloading the plug-ins
    and for the Microsoft site to function as it should.

Microsoft is a Trusted site. JavaScript can be turn both OFF and ON in Chrome settings.

Gordon7, Nov 3, 2017
  12. Delly10 Win User
    Well, I used Chrome and it seemed to work. Not all of the downloads worked though. Some simply directed me to another site to install something else, and one of them installed on my computer but doesn't function. It was the one that had by far the most options too. Oh well. At least I got some new visualizations to have something different.

Delly10, Nov 4, 2017
  13. Edwin New Member

One of the sweetest Plug-ins from that page is 'Picture Viz II'

...with which you can run folders full of wallpapers or other images, and the like!

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can additions be made to Media Player Visualizations? - Similar Threads - additions made Media

2. How can I select visualizations on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I select visualizations on Windows Media Player: How can I select visualizations on Windows Media Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-select-visualizations-on-windows-media/15201edf-75f5-437d-827d-a9ae1b820eff
  3. How can I select visualizations on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I select visualizations on Windows Media Player: How can I select visualizations on Windows Media Player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-select-visualizations-on-windows-media/15201edf-75f5-437d-827d-a9ae1b820eff
  4. Since got Win11 no visualizations in media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since got Win11 no visualizations in media player: Since I upgraded to Win11 I have no visualizations in windows media player, there is just an icon; I attach a screen cap with right click menu also no longer showing visualizations option. How can I get them back?...
  5. Since got Win11 no visualizations in media player

Since got Win11 no visualizations in media player: Since I upgraded to Win11 I have no visualizations in windows media player, there is just an icon; I attach a screen cap with right click menu also no longer showing visualizations option. How can I get them back?...
  6. can not install windows media player

can not install windows media player: when i do this Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.i get the message that it failed ..i want to play .mov files, what should i do ?...
  7. Visualizations from Microsoft for Media player

Visualizations from Microsoft for Media player: Hi, first. Which is the best WMP for Windows 10 Pro? 11 or 12 or maybe even 10? Or is there a abetter one such as the Groove App? Does it play the visualizations like WMP? Second, when I download the Visualizations, where should I save them to? Downloads, Media Player or,...
  8. Windows media player will not play visualizations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media player will not play visualizations: my windows media player will not play the visualizations I click on the visualization I want but the apply button does not activate to be able to get it to work, so no visualizations will work. The steps to take say to hit the window key, I did, then type in "Troubleshooting"...
  9. Remove Windows Media Player Visual Effect.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Windows Media Player Visual Effect.: I installed from effects and I installed Dungeon Siege and now I don't want that effect anymore but I don't know how to remove it. i just want to know how to remove any effect...
  10. how to download visualizations for the windows media player in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to download visualizations for the windows media player in windows 10: whenever i click on the downloads link of the different visualizations it just refreshes the page maybe its being downloaded but i can't find them in my visualizations panel of the player. If these are being downloaded where would i find them ? in downloads section?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player visualizations download