Windows 10: Can an image of a bright object damage a monitor?

Discus and support Can an image of a bright object damage a monitor? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Sort of a random question that I've always wondered about. If a screen saver, for example, contains an image of a bright object like a sun, can leaving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by JohnJSal, Jun 20, 2018.

1. JohnJSal Win User

Can an image of a bright object damage a monitor?

Sort of a random question that I've always wondered about. If a screen saver, for example, contains an image of a bright object like a sun, can leaving that image on your screen for a prolonged period of time damage that part of the screen, such as with burn-in or burning out those pixels?

Attached is an example screen saver image that just popped up on my monitor.

Thanks!

JohnJSal, Jun 20, 2018

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 20, 2018
  3. Monitor keeps flashing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Shawn,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Is it a notebook or tablet? Try using hardware buttons to adjust display brightness up,

We have a report of at least one PC which had this issue (brightness at min, increasing brightness enabled us to continue setup).
    • Try these simple checkpoints:
      • Remove all USB devices (except for the mouse and keyboard
      • Disconnect additional monitors (if the customer is using a multi-monitor configuration)
    • While at the screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    • If this resolves the screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.
    WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 20, 2018
  4. Can an image of a bright object damage a monitor?

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2018
Thema:

Can an image of a bright object damage a monitor?

1. Can an image of a bright object damage a monitor? - Similar Threads - image bright object

2. Samsung 49"Monitor damage

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Samsung 49"Monitor damage: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, Out of no where my screen malfunctioned and looked like the picture. Unfortunately i've bought it a while ago and am out of guarantee. There is no phisical damage to the screen. Do ya'll think this is fixable or can it be trashed. Thanks for the help.
  3. Image preview brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image preview brightness: On Windows 10, when i right click an image to preview, it shows the image correctly for a second and then the colours seem to go more yellow. When i open the Photos app from the Start menu and browse my images it shows them with the correct colours. Is this caused by an...
  4. Lowering monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lowering monitor brightness: My Dell monitor had a good brightness range but I'm stuck with my HP laptop now and I can't make it dim enough at night. I tried an app from the Microsoft Store but it has the same brightness range as my laptop. Is there a registry hack or something that can let me lower...
  5. How can I control the brightness of my monitor with my keyboard's brightness controls?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I control the brightness of my monitor with my keyboard's brightness controls?: I bought the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard. It has brightness function keys. They obviously work because the brightness slider appears in the upper left corner of the screen but the actual brightness doesn't react to the changes. Until now I have been using...
  6. Monitor Brightness

Monitor Brightness: Back in win7 from which I updated to wint 10 I could change the brightness of my external monitor with no issue in-system. For whatever reason, that option is now gone in Win 10....
  7. Can you control the brightness of your monitor with windows 10?

Can you control the brightness of your monitor with windows 10?: So without touching the monitor. I have a monitor from 2010. Is it possible with newer ones? Könnt ihr bei eurem Monitor die Helligkeit über windows 10 regeln?
  8. Image on the Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image on the Monitor: The image on the monitor is "pinched" on the left & right by 1.5-2.0 inches. I need to fix this. How ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-on-the-monitor/e977edb7-0f35-48f3-8168-55ceceef33c0
  9. Brightness setting for monitor

Brightness setting for monitor: Can a monitor's brightness be adjusted using the Control Panel, without pressing buttons on it? My main monitor's buttons for adjusting brightness do not work with Windows....
  10. monitor brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor brightness: How do you change the brightness for a monitor attached to your windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/monitor-brightness/2c64d719-1ce0-4442-b380-feae6696280e