Windows 10: can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop

Discus and support can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It has been easy to go to progams, right click and send to desktop. But not seeing how to do it in windows 10 and instructions, I can add to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jenleonard, Sep 28, 2015.

1. can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop

It has been easy to go to progams, right click and send to desktop.
    But not seeing how to do it in windows 10 and instructions,
    I can add to taskbar, and add to start menu, but not to desktop.
    I also cant email a link from edge(hate it, it is slow a wet whistle on every machine I have tried it on so far, )
    heap of crap is edge.
    Now I have copied a folder of what were desktop short cuts and have copied that back to the machine and it can be shortcuted to the desktop, but cant see how to do it any other way

:)

jenleonard, Sep 28, 2015

2. Can any one tell me how to get mail app to automatically download mail

The mail app in windows 10 does not immediately go to account sever to download my mail tonight I can't see mail yet after the app has been opened for 35 minutes. Unlike "Essentials Mail" there is no way to manually have the app go to the server.

IanShields, Sep 28, 2015
  3. Can any one tell me how to get mail app to automatically download mail

The win 10 mail app will only check mail every 15 mins no more frequently, depending on settings, if you need faster you are better off using windows live mail.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop

Hello Jen, *Smile

You should be able to do it the same way in Windows 10.

• Right click on item in File Explorer.
    • Click on Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)

From the Start menu, you would drag and drop items to your desktop to create a shortcut of that item on your desktop instead.

Brink, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop

1. can any one tell my how to shortcut to desktop - Similar Threads - tell shortcut desktop

2. I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...: It worked before but now it isn't working anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-put-any-shortcuts-on-my-desktop-it/68a3e6a5-5691-499a-8c2c-6774a4906cfd
  3. I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can no longer put any shortcuts on my desktop it keeps telling me I need administrators...: It worked before but now it isn't working anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-no-longer-put-any-shortcuts-on-my-desktop-it/68a3e6a5-5691-499a-8c2c-6774a4906cfd
  4. Any one tell me plzzz what we can do?

Any one tell me plzzz what we can do?: What we can do plzzz tell me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-one-tell-me-plzzz-what-we-can-do/76eb003b-c677-45fa-bf64-5e0bb4d8bc4d
  5. How can I delete shortcuts that are shared across different desktops for only one desktop,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete shortcuts that are shared across different desktops for only one desktop,...: One drive does this thing where if you delete a shortcut on one desktop laptop for example, it is deleted on all desktops laptop and pc that are using the same one drive. For example, if I delete roblox on my laptop, it is deleted on my pc and laptop. My issue is that I only...
  6. How can I delete shortcuts that are shared across different desktops for only one desktop,...

How can I delete shortcuts that are shared across different desktops for only one desktop,...: One drive does this thing where if you delete a shortcut on one desktop laptop for example, it is deleted on all desktops laptop and pc that are using the same one drive. For example, if I delete roblox on my laptop, it is deleted on my pc and laptop. My issue is that I only...
  7. How can I delete shortcuts that are shared across different desktops for only one desktop,...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can any one tell me what causes this error ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can any one tell me what causes this error ?: [ATTACH] Anyone who have experienced this type of error please reply. This was caused by synaptic-mouse update . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-any-one-tell-me-what-causes-this-error/bc4c0e91-3070-4795-8656-70a219053c74
  9. How to tell Windows which desktop folder is the "right" one, the one it shows as the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to tell Windows which desktop folder is the "right" one, the one it shows as the desktop?: I seem to have at least three desktop folders: public, "private" me as the user, and Onedrive's folder. Several months ago I noticed that the items I dragged to the desktop didn't appear "on the screen", i. e. on the desktop that was part of the Window's UI. Instead I found...
  10. Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge: I can't for the life of me see how to make a shortcut on my desktop. I'm sure there is a way and if not then that is so very fail. lol 11107