Windows 10: Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?

Discus and support Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have a WD Elements external drive which I use for back ups. I am trying to discover how to reset it so as to clear out all the old back up's and make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RonBin79, Jun 25, 2018.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?

I have a WD Elements external drive which I use for back ups. I am trying to discover how to reset it so as to clear out all the old back up's and make space for new one's. Unfortunately I have lost the user manual.*Mad
    Any help will be very much appreciated.

:)

RonBin79, Jun 25, 2018
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please? [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please? [​IMG]

cobrasl, Jun 25, 2018
  3. WD Elements external drive

I can not open my WD Elements external drive in Windows 10, please help

EdwardOtieno, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?

WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem

Another thread (External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer) prompted me to post this.

I've got the WD Elements External drive connected with a USB cable. Love it, works great. Until I burn a DVD with the OEM burner in the pc. At which point Windows disables the WD drive, with the message "Windows detected a problem & disabled the device". My only remedy has been physically disconnect, power down everything, reconnect and power up (WD Elements first) then the system. Everything works properly until the next DVD burn. I don't make many DVDs anymore.

Device Manager lists it as Mass Storage. It requires no driver, however Windows uses a Microsoft driver for it. I've checked on updating that one with no success.

I just ran the WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and the drive passed. Anyone got any ideas here.

Wiley Coyote, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?

1. Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please? - Similar Threads - anyone help info

2. Please can anyone help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can anyone help me: I have a Samsung notebook NP370R56It uses windows 7 because the original windows had errorsEvery time I upgrade my driversIntel R HD graphics white dots start to appear all round the screen and it makes the system really slowIs there anything I can do because I need a...
  3. Please can anyone help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please can anyone help me: I have a Samsung notebook NP370R56It uses windows 7 because the original windows had errorsEvery time I upgrade my driversIntel R HD graphics white dots start to appear all round the screen and it makes the system really slowIs there anything I can do because I need a...
  4. Can anyone help me with this please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me with this please?: I updated my PC from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro using its ISO file as I was not getting the update natively in the update settings section. After that I extended its rollback period from 10 days to 60 days, using Command Prompt in administrator mode. The command I used...
  5. Can anyone help me with this please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me with this please?: I updated my PC from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro using its ISO file as I was not getting the update natively in the update settings section. After that I extended its rollback period from 10 days to 60 days, using Command Prompt in administrator mode. The command I used...
  6. Can anyone please help me with this Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone please help me with this Problem: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000139 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff80343548950, 0xfffff803435488a8, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 62c60b5d-5533-4ca5-b9a1-025d0dcaa8fc....
  7. Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?: All of a sudden I am getting Error reports when I try to do a back up using Macrium, please see screen shots attached. Will be grateful for some help? Kind regards, (Now 86) [img] [img] 126632
  8. Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?: All of a sudden I am getting Error reports when I try to do a back up using Macrium, please see screen shots attached. Will be grateful for some help? Kind regards, (Now 86) [img] [img] 126632
  9. WD Elements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD Elements: I have a WD Elements but have no idea whether it is a 500mb,1TB, 2TB or what ever. How do I find out please? 117424
  10. Can anhyone helpo me with some info about a WD Elements please?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can anhyone helpo me with some info about a WD Elements please?: I have a WD Elements external drive which I use for back ups. I am trying to discover how to reset it so as to clear out all the old back up's and make space for new one's. Unfortunately I have lost the user manual.*Mad Any help will be very much appreciated. 112890