Windows 10: Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can't for the life of me see how to make a shortcut on my desktop. I'm sure there is a way and if not then that is so very fail. lol 11107 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Really1, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Really1 Win User

Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

I can't for the life of me see how to make a shortcut on my desktop. I'm sure there is a way and if not then that is so very fail. lol

:)

Really1, Jul 31, 2015
  2. e.gray Win User

MICROSOFT TARGET LOCATION NEEDED

I'm not exactly sure what's your asking.... so let me take a stab in the dark

You want to create shortcut to Microsoft Edge, so you need to find the "target" exe file.

If so, it's not that simple... a lot of the Metro/Modern/Universal apps are not launched via an EXE file. So, there "is no target exe file". Instead, take a look at this article on how to create Edge via a shortcut

Microsoft Edge Desktop Shortcut - Quick Tutorial

e.gray, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop?

Bringing up the Start menu, left clicking on Microsoft Edge and holding the button down while dragging the icon to the desktop did create a desktop shortcut for me on 240. I agree that you can't drag the Task bar's Edge icon, and so can't create the shortcut
    that way, and that right clicking the Start menu Edge icon doesn't give you a menu item to create a desktop shortcut.

So, yes, most of us can create a desktop shortcut for Edge on Windows 10, but not the same way as we might have created a desktop shortcut in previous Windows versions.

Are we missing a detail somewhere.

pc-learner, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Really1 Win User

How about this. Is there a way to create a shortcut on your desktop from Microsoft Edge?

Really1, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Click "Start"... find Microsoft Edge... then drag and drop it onto your desktop for shortcut.

MortTheBeast, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Right click the item you want the shortcut for, highlight "Send to" and select "Desktop (create shortcut). Or as above you can drag a tile from the Start menu to the desktop, although pinned websites currently don't work on the desktop.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Right click your desktop, choose new shortcut. Paste the address you want a shortcut to. Click next. name it what you want

8. Really1 Win User

So the way I see it is that you have to cut, paste and sent to for a simple desktop shortcut. Is that about the size of it?
    Why would Microsoft do away with the simple way of doing it? , sigh : /

Really1, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Really1 Win User
    Thanks for the fast help all. : )

Really1, Jul 31, 2015
  10. You're supposed to be able to pin a website to the Start menu (this works) and drag & drop it from Start to the desktop, but once on the desktop the shortcuts no longer work atm.

11. Dude Win User
    It works for me, just tried it

12. Where is the Microsoft Edge program kept?

Anthony2816, Jul 31, 2015
  13. Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge

Hmm, any website I pin to Start and then drag & drop on desktop just opens up Edge to the homepage.

14. Edwin New Member
    C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Edwin, Jul 31, 2015
  15. Thanks!

Um, there's a MicrosoftEdge.exe, and a MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, but neither one will run from double-clicking, nor using Run As Administrator.

Anthony2816, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Can anyone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut via Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - anyone tell create

2. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this: So weird things are happening with my computer for instance whenever I scroll it mangnifys or minimizes my screen whenever I scroll up or down whenever I play games it opens my menu or chat system and whenever I type it doesn't let me type and when I try to please j or I it...
  3. Can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this: So weird things are happening with my computer for instance whenever I scroll it mangnifys or minimizes my screen whenever I scroll up or down whenever I play games it opens my menu or chat system and whenever I type it doesn't let me type and when I try to please j or I it...
  4. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: Hello, I just bought a new laptop. Aat first it work fine but after a wibdows 10 update, It not show any after it booted up. It only show a blackscreen with a cursor, but explorer still running. Here is a picture about this....
  5. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: Hello, I just bought a new laptop. Aat first it work fine but after a wibdows 10 update, It not show any after it booted up. It only show a blackscreen with a cursor, but explorer still running. Here is a picture about this....
  6. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can anyone tell me how to fix this?: so what happend is My mic isnt working so yeah i decide to uninstall realtek and install it again you KNOW what happend? when i download it my speaker wont work like i heard nothing when i turn off the headset i hear anything please help me i cant online class with this,...
  8. Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Anyone Tell Me How To Stop This?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wchris63 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyltu2/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_stop_this/
  9. Create a desktop shortcut in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a desktop shortcut in Edge: How can I create a desktop shortcut in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-in-edge/1917c980-a411-4213-96f0-e2d1eef6da9c
  10. can anyone tell me how to fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can anyone tell me how to fix this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Lonely_Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvx9zq/can_anyone_tell_me_how_to_fix_this/