Windows 10: Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC

Discus and support Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I've scoured the web and pulled together enough info to enable me to create an incoming VPN connection on our dedicated P2P file "server" which runs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HFox, Jan 18, 2016.

1. HFox Win User

Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC

So I've scoured the web and pulled together enough info to enable me to create an incoming VPN connection on our dedicated P2P file "server" which runs Windows 8.1 Pro. On my Windows 10 Pro laptop, I've also created an outgoing VPN connection to the server. When I click the "Connect" button in "Network and Internet" Settings, the connection is established immediately with no error messages and a resulting status of "Connected". On the server side, the incoming connection also shows connected. Sounds like success, but no matter what I try, I can't find a way to actually access any of the drives/files on the server. I expected the server to show up in the list of "Network" computers, thereby enabling me to map a drive to the shared folder(s), but no such luck. I made sure when I was creating the incoming connection on the server that I enabled "File and Printer Sharing", as well. Also, FYI, the server's WAN connection is on a static IP, and I've done the necessary port forwarding to the server's internal IP address. The one especially odd thing is that when I view the connection details on my laptop, it shows a subnet address of 255.255.255.255, and I don't have a clue whether or not that's correct. There's oddly little information that I can find that describes all of the possible entries that are required in the many and various dialogues that are presented while trying to setup the VPN.

Any ideas/schooling that anyone can provide would be very much appreciated.

:)

2. VPN SUpport for Windows Phone 8

I just bought Lumia 1520 and am surprised that it can't support VPN connections..i need VPN to connect to get access to my dad's company account.does windows phone support VPN?

shariffpeter, Jan 18, 2016
  3. After uninstalling comodo firewall on Windows 10 Education, can not connect to internet though connected to network on LAN and WiFi

After uninstalling the Comodo Firewall with the Iobit Uninstaller on Windows 10 Education Anniversary Update, I can't access the internet. The PC recognizes and connects to VPN, ethernet and wi-fi, still can't use internet on any of them. Tried to unistall
    and reinstall drivers and VPN, but no luck.

Prafulla Pise, Jan 18, 2016
  4. HFox Win User

Inasmuch as I've had no replies to this message in five days, I wonder if anyone could suggest an additional networking forum where I could post, that might have a little more knowledge about VPNs?

TIA for any suggestions.

Thema:

1. Can connect to VPN but can't access connected PC - Similar Threads - connect VPN can't

2. Can't connect VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect VPN: I can't conect to vpn. I receive a notification saying the specified port is always open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-vpn/2d318593-d313-4226-8ca3-fedfe44e4249
  3. Can't connect VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect VPN: I can't conect to vpn. I receive a notification saying the specified port is always open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-vpn/2d318593-d313-4226-8ca3-fedfe44e4249
  4. Can't connect VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  6. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect with Vpn L2TP: Can anyone help me? I have a vpn problem with this error message capture below. I found a post saying it's because of windows update KB5009543. But I don't have this update in my system. Even after uninstalling the other recent update, still the same error.I still have access...
  7. Can't connect with Vpn L2TP

8. VPN connects but can't access shared folders

VPN connects but can't access shared folders: About a month ago I came into work and one of our engineers said he wasn't able to access the shared folders from home using his VPN anymore. I logged onto the VPN and everything worked as it should, but then 1 week later I wasn't able to access the shared folders. Now my...
  9. Can't connect to vpn

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to vpn: Hello guys I'm watching k-drama on laptop recently but it says I gonna need vpn to continue so I search for Google and follow the instructions but after all I setup the vpn profile I can't connect to vpn. It says "a connection to the remote computer could not be established,...
  10. Can't connect to VPN

Can't connect to VPN: We have a remote user trying to connect to our company VPN receiving the following message: "Can't connect to VPN the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed" Any insight on how to resolve this would be appreciated....