Windows 10: can cortana find emails by address ?

Discus and support can cortana find emails by address ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi i have updated w10 to the last built anniversary update + last update i have some questions about cortana , can search between my received emails... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by drugo, Sep 22, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

can cortana find emails by address ?

hi
    i have updated w10 to the last built anniversary update + last update
    i have some questions about cortana , can search between my received emails for example search last email sent by Paul smith ? i tried without luck
    is poweful like osx siri ?

ps is there a list of the new shortcuts ? for example W(windows key)+w ?
    thanks

:)

drugo, Sep 22, 2016

2. Cortana will not let me sign into my Microsoft account

No I did not find this helpful. it led me in circles.

Cortana will not let me sign in with my microsoft account.

Cortana Experience with O365

outlook.com isn't in our system

Make sure you typed your email address correctly. It usually looks like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I have signed in with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, which is my Microsoft account log in

youhavegottobe kidding, Sep 22, 2016
  3. tr0y93 Win User
    Do package confirmation emails have to be sent to your inbox for cortana to pick them up?

I recently switched my emails over to outlook.com from gmail but Cortana is no longer automatically tracking my packages. I use a couple of sub email addresses and so I have created a rule to sort emails, to those addresses, to their respected folders.
    My question is if my shipping confirmation emails are being sorted to those specific folders and not my inbox folder will Cortana not be able to automatically find them and track them?

tr0y93, Sep 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cortana searching your files and folders is limited to what you've indexed in Windows search. As such it's dependent on what you've indexed, and Windows search capabilities.

You have to be using an email client which stores email on your PC. If you use web mail - no chance of it being seached.

If you use Outlook 2010 for email, then Windows search can probably help, but apparently Outlook 2013 (and presumably later) are not supported.
    Search Outlook 2013 emails using Start Menu Windows Search

This indicates Thunderbird (free client) is supported. (I've not tried it personally, using Thunderbird itself to search email)
    ThunderBird: Allow Windows Search to Search Messages

Personally I rarely use Cortana, using the highly configurable Classic Shell (free) for my start menu with its own configurable search capability, and for my files and folders, a very fast indexing search tool that finds any file anywhere instantly.

Please try searching for
    Windows 10 hotkeys
    Lots of results.

dalchina, Sep 22, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    thanks dalchina

drugo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can cortana find emails by address ? - Similar Threads - cortana find emails

2. Find email address for the AZ 104 certification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find email address for the AZ 104 certification: Had completed AZ104 in 09june2022 certification but i forget the email address associated with it. My Certification number is I302-0940. Help to get my email address so that i can go for renewal....
  3. Find out accounts associated with an email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find out accounts associated with an email address: On one of my email addresses that I use to log in to my Microsoft account, I keep getting the message shown in the attachment. This is not part of any work account that I am aware of I am self-employed and I don't have an IT department. I want to find out what account MS...
  4. Find out accounts associated with an email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find out accounts associated with an email address: On one of my email addresses that I use to log in to my Microsoft account, I keep getting the message shown in the attachment. This is not part of any work account that I am aware of I am self-employed and I don't have an IT department. I want to find out what account MS...
  5. email address hacking can you stop it and if you are given an email address can you find...

email address hacking can you stop it and if you are given an email address can you find...: Hi this afternoon I receaved lots of emails from some one that had hack into a friends email account. can you trace it if they were using OUTLOOK...
  6. Find email address for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***9m?

Find email address for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***9m?: My phone number is linked to 4 accounts. 1 of them I don't remember making, or is somebody who has used my phone number on a hotmail account. I want to delete the account but all the info I have for the account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.... how can I...
  7. Cortana can't find emails/contacts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't find emails/contacts: I say, "Hey Cortana, send an email to *name*" and she says, "Sorry, I couldn't find that person, who is it going to?" I have contacts on the people app, and outlook, so idk what is happening, pls help submitted by /u/georgethememelord [link] [comments]...
  8. How to find true email address of junk email

in Browsers and Email
    How to find true email address of junk email: I received an junk email supposedly from "Gerber Life Partner" . However when I try to add that email as junk and to block sender, I get the message that it's not a valid email address. Is there a way to find the true email address ? Thanks. 138622
  9. Unable to find Email address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find Email address: This Email account disappeared today . I cannot access it for use or to receive E mails. Can it be restored on line ? ***PII removed by Moderator*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-email-address/9fb4996f-b8f0-4931-ba31-683b86997353
  10. Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me

in Cortana
    Cortana shows an incorrect email address for me: When I open Cortana it shows " Cortana has lost access to my account" When I go through the process of trying to fix , it comes up with a wrong email address for me. I thought I used my Microsoft account address. Obviously I got on this forum using my Microsoft account. Any...